Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is it like to live in the Western world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question? What is it like to live in the Western world?

I have been living all my life in Malaysia, a south east asian muslim majority country with not much western influence except that we were invaded and colonized by european powers once upon a time. Well people are adapting to western style here but our values aren't. We still adhere to our asian values and islamic way of life here. (*and less developed too*)

I heard that living in the west world is interesting and happening??

Originally posted by itsemilyyyyy View Post
    I have been living all my life in Malaysia, a south east asian muslim majority country with not much western influence except that we were invaded and colonized by european powers once upon a time. Well people are adapting to western style here but our values aren't. We still adhere to our asian values and islamic way of life here. (*and less developed too*)

I heard that living in the west world is interesting and happening??
    It's mostly a place where we will struggle to keep from being influenced negatively, and there's a fear for our future generations losing their Identity.

If it's comfortable enough living in Malaysia, I would definitely advise against leaving.

All that glitters is not gold, as they say.
    ​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts. Thank you! (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

interesting? Its a place of fitnah.Whoever feels totally comfortable in the western world and doesnt have a desire of being in a muslim country if he could,he has probably lost to this fitnah.If you can live normally in malaysia,do yourself a huge favour and stay there.

Comment

Hi Neighbour,

I am from Indonesia and I am temporarily living in England until I complete my studies. I would say everything is going alright as a Muslim in this country. There are two mosques near where I live and there is a prayer room in my university and in the shopping centre as well. Halal food isnt hard to find. The supermarket sells halal meat and you can find a lot of halal eastern restaurants. I havent met anyone racist towards me (hopefully never will). I have local friends and theyve been nice to me as well. Very respectful. Regardless of that I still wish to live in Indonesia after I complete my studies. Being born and raised in a country where islamic culture is strong, I still feel a lot more comfortable in my country. There are so many things I miss. Back home I dont have to worry if the food im eating is halal or not because the majority of people are muslims. I also miss the call to prayer being blasted through a loud speaker 5 times a day. I miss having to see a mosque every few hundred meters. Where I live I can literally pray in 5 different mosques for each one of my daily prayers.. something I definitely cant do in England haha . I dont think there are much differences between Malaysia and Indonesia so Im sure you understand what I mean.
        Last edited by triton5555; 1 day ago.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X