Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some mostly-muslim places in England?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some mostly-muslim places in England?

Peace, I live in London and do not travel about much, but insha'allah I will soon move home.
    I am very tired of living near kuffar who are getting ruder and ruder to me. I need better.
    What are some of the muslim-majority places in London and England? Salaam.

I believe more than a million muslims live in Greater London

Comment

Walaykum salam,

I don't know of any Muslim majority places in London but I do know of neighbourhoods that have a high Muslim presence so they're still worth considering. Bayswater and Edgware Road areas have a lot of Arab homes and businesses but I presume they are very expensive neighbourhoods so not worth considering unless you're super wealthy. East London has a lot of Muslims, particularly Tower Hamlets and further afield is Green Street, Upton Park, East Ham and Walthamstow.

There are other neighbourhoods around London that I'd expect to be quite diverse and therefore relatively safer for Muslims such as Tooting and Shepherds Bush (I don't know much about these locations- maybe others can elaborate) but those are the main ones that spring to mind.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

I wish I could live in England.. I noticed there are many Muslims there and the Muslim communities are very active there

Comment

Originally posted by Islami.mu'mina View Post
          I wish I could live in England.. I noticed there are many Muslims there and the Muslim communities are very active there
          Me too. I watch some vlogs a few years ago and these people are Muslims who live in UK. It seems like they find it relatively easy to practice there

Comment

Originally posted by Islami.mu'mina View Post
            Wait until the muslims become the majority of England in shaa ALLAH because only than will muslims be able to truly practice Islam to the fullest degree without facing persecution for being a minority by the non-muslim majority.

Assalamu Alaykom Sister
            ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created the earth and everything in the earth and created all of the heavens and everything in all of these heavens and created all of the hells and everything in all of these hells and created all of the universes and everything in all of these universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

Originally posted by amkas View Post
              Peace, I live in London and do not travel about much, but insha'allah I will soon move home.
              I am very tired of living near kuffar who are getting ruder and ruder to me. I need better.
              What are some of the muslim-majority places in London and England? Salaam.
              Assalamu alaikum,

Why not just go to a Muslim country? Morocco is only a £20 flight away from London (at some times of the year, usually maybe £50'ish one way)

It might even work out cheaper to make hijrah to Morocco. Plus you can rent new build apartments for £100-200 per month, build a 3 story house for around £50,000'ish, easily find a wife, the weather is nicer, the Adhaan calls the people to success 5x a day, you will be surrounded by your Muslim brothers, and even the police will give you Salaam.. Or you can stay in the UK.

وَمَن يُهَاجِرْ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ يَجِدْ فِي الْأَرْضِ مُرَاغَمًا كَثِيرًا وَسَعَةً ۚ وَمَن يَخْرُجْ مِن
              بَيْتِهِ مُهَاجِرًا إِلَى اللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ ثُمَّ يُدْرِكْهُ الْمَوْتُ فَقَدْ وَقَعَ أَجْرُهُ عَلَى اللَّهِ ۗ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا

“He who emigrates (from his home) in the Cause of Allah, will find on earth many dwelling places and plenty to live by. And whosoever leaves his home as an emigrant unto Allah and His Messenger, and death overtakes him, his reward is then surely incumbent upon Allah. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[an-Nisa’ 4:100]

‘Amr ibn al-‘As reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Do you not know that embracing Islam wipes away all sins committed before it, that emigration wipes away what came before it, and the Hajj pilgrimage wipes away what came before it?”

[Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 121]

May Allah guide us all to that which pleases Him, and grant us Jannat Al-Firdaws. Ameen!

www.puremuslimmatch.com

*The Free Marriage Agency for practising Muslims*

Comment

Originally posted by wanderer1 View Post

Assalamu alaikum,

Why not just go to a Muslim country? Morocco is only a £20 flight away from London (at some times of the year, usually maybe £50'ish one way)

It might even work out cheaper to make hijrah to Morocco. Plus you can rent new build apartments for £100-200 per month, build a 3 story house for around £50,000'ish, easily find a wife, the weather is nicer, the Adhaan calls the people to success 5x a day, you will be surrounded by your Muslim brothers, and even the police will give you Salaam.. Or you can stay in the UK.

وَمَن يُهَاجِرْ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ يَجِدْ فِي الْأَرْضِ مُرَاغَمًا كَثِيرًا وَسَعَةً ۚ وَمَن يَخْرُجْ مِن
                بَيْتِهِ مُهَاجِرًا إِلَى اللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ ثُمَّ يُدْرِكْهُ الْمَوْتُ فَقَدْ وَقَعَ أَجْرُهُ عَلَى اللَّهِ ۗ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا

“He who emigrates (from his home) in the Cause of Allah, will find on earth many dwelling places and plenty to live by. And whosoever leaves his home as an emigrant unto Allah and His Messenger, and death overtakes him, his reward is then surely incumbent upon Allah. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[an-Nisa’ 4:100]

‘Amr ibn al-‘As reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Do you not know that embracing Islam wipes away all sins committed before it, that emigration wipes away what came before it, and the Hajj pilgrimage wipes away what came before it?”

[Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 121]

May Allah guide us all to that which pleases Him, and grant us Jannat Al-Firdaws. Ameen!
                Can you really rent new build apartments for £100-200 and build a house for 50k? When I looked into this before, the figures I was coming up with was higher, a lot higher. This gives me hope.

https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Can you really rent new build apartments for £100-200 and build a house for 50k? When I looked into this before, the figures I was coming up with was higher, a lot higher. This gives me hope.
                  Yeah. I have lived in Morocco before. Kinda got trapped in the UK after problems caused by COVID lockdowns. In big city areas like Tangier, the rent is around 2000MAD (around £180 per month) for a nice 2 bedroom apartment (unfurnished.) Furnished is probably around £250 per month. Tangier has nice beach areas and big supermarkets too.

In the smaller town areas, the rent can be around £80-100 per month for a 2-3 bed apartment. In some areas, there is no tax.

The bills are quite cheap in Morocco. You don't need the heating on as much as you do in the UK, because the weather is warmer. Food is a bit cheaper and things like taxis a way cheaper. You can get a 25-minute taxi ride for around £2.50 (they pick up other passengers on the way through, and respect it when a men and woman want to sit away from each other.)

It's really amazing to be surrounded by your fellow Muslims. Even the ground that you walk on is Muslim ground.. You can feel at ease to pray in the park, you can walk into any shop and buy the food, as its all halal, they have many Islamic schools, some free private schools, some of which even pay the children an allowance for achievements. So many masjids, even in the malls.

If anyone wants to be added to a hijrah WhatsApp group send me a PM (if that works on Ummah forums?) there is a female group and a male group.

Jazak'Allahu khairan

www.puremuslimmatch.com

Comment

-To build a house in Morocco the actual building cost around £15,000 per floor, depending on the finish. The land price can vary, depending on location.

240 square meters of land in some areas of Tangier can cost around £10,000. You can get cheaper and also more expensive land.
                    www.puremuslimmatch.com

Comment

Yeah. I have lived in Morocco before. Kinda got trapped in the UK after problems caused by COVID lockdowns. In big city areas like Tangier, the rent is around 2000MAD (around £180 per month) for a nice 2 bedroom apartment (unfurnished.) Furnished is probably around £250 per month. Tangier has nice beach areas and big supermarkets too.

In the smaller town areas, the rent can be around £80-100 per month for a 2-3 bed apartment. In some areas, there is no tax.

The bills are quite cheap in Morocco. You don't need the heating on as much as you do in the UK, because the weather is warmer. Food is a bit cheaper and things like taxis a way cheaper. You can get a 25-minute taxi ride for around £2.50 (they pick up other passengers on the way through, and respect it when a men and woman want to sit away from each other.)

It's really amazing to be surrounded by your fellow Muslims. Even the ground that you walk on is Muslim ground.. You can feel at ease to pray in the park, you can walk into any shop and buy the food, as its all halal, they have many Islamic schools, some free private schools, some of which even pay the children an allowance for achievements. So many masjids, even in the malls.

If anyone wants to be added to a hijrah WhatsApp group send me a PM (if that works on Ummah forums?) there is a female group and a male group.

Jazak'Allahu khairan
                      Wow Jazakallah khayr for the info. Really Informative. Do you have any info about Turkey by any chance? I’ve heard quite a few people are moving there too.

Comment

Jazak'Allahu khairan
                        Are there any visa implications? Can anyone just go to Morocco and build a house and live there? :O

Comment

Wow Jazakallah khayr for the info. Really Informative. Do you have any info about Turkey by any chance? I’ve heard quite a few people are moving there too.
                          I have heard some good things about Turkey too. I think Morocco might be a bit more religious, but I have heard Turkey has the benefit of more ways to make money.

In Morocco Pure Arabic and English might be more common and accepted.

I personally prefer Morocco, because from what I gather, it is more religious. But I am not an expert on Turkey, so just relaying the info some of the brothers mentioned.
                          www.puremuslimmatch.com

Comment

I have heard some good things about Turkey too. I think Morocco might be a bit more religious, but I have heard Turkey has the benefit of more ways to make money.

In Morocco Pure Arabic and English might be more common and accepted.

I personally prefer Morocco, because from what I gather, it is more religious. But I am not an expert on Turkey, so just relaying the info some of the brothers mentioned.
                            Jazakallah khayr. Morocco & Turkey are the two places i have in mind for future hijra Insha allah. The benefit for both is that they are not too far from the U.K. either so makes it easier to fly back to see family etc. From the figures you’ve given, it seems very affordable to build a house in Morocco so I’ll have to see what the figures for Turkey are like too. But it’ll all probably change again anyway as Im planning on making the move in the next 5 years Insha allah

Comment

Are there any visa implications? Can anyone just go to Morocco and build a house and live there? :O
                              You don't need to have a residency permit to build a house in Morocco. The only restriction I have heard of is if a "foreigner" was buying up mass amounts of land. But for things like buying some land to build a few houses, that should be fine insha'Allah.

With regards to visas, they have a 3-month rolling "tourist" visa. So you can come and stay for 3 months, then cross the border and enter again and get a 3-month renewal. If living in Tangier someone can get a ferry from Tangier to Spain for a day trip and then come back to Morocco and be granted another 3 month Visa. Or they can drive/bus from Tangier to Ceuta (which is an autonomous city administered by Spain) and then get the 3-month renewal. People living nearer to the Mauritania part of Morocco can travel to the Mauritania border, walk across the border and back to get the 3-month visa renewal.

If someone wants to get a Moroccan Iqama/residency permit there are different ways to do it.

- One way is to deposit around £20,000 into your Moroccan bank account (a type of account that "foreigners" can open in Morocco) and then apply for the residency permit by taking documents to the Moroccan police station where they review the applications and give approval. (The police told my friend that you can withdraw the money afterwards. This means you could actually just borrow the money from a friend and then return it after you get the Iqama)

- Another way to get Iqama is to marry a Moroccan

- Another way is to start a business in Morocco

- Another way is to get a registered job (Officially registered by the ministry of labour)

- Another way is to buy a house in Morocco and then have around £8,300 in your bank account. I'm not sure if the house has to be of a certain value, but I know you can buy apartments in Morocco for around £20,000 / £30,000

I remember reading a story about how renting an understairs cupboard in London (as a bedroom) was advertised at £500 per month lol.. Morocco is so much better, for so many reasons, for deen and lifestyle, for the children and future generations insha'Allah.

Morocco might not be perfect, but only Jannah will be, but Morocco is definitely better than anywhere in the UK. I think I prefer the more village areas of Morocco as opposed to city life, because it's more conservative in the village areas, no tourists. Awama in Tangier is more conservative than the city centre of Tangier, but I think my favourite village area I visited was on the outskirts of Rissani where people were so welcoming, the woman would recite Qur'an in the Masjid every day, and the locals would invite us to their homes, even though they only just met us.

www.puremuslimmatch.com

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X