Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever been to Mecca and Madinah here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should always make the intention to go, don't worry about your situation

I always had the intention and told my family, they knew I was eager and suddenly one day, my dream came true

It was a miracle, I couldn't believe it.

​​​​​​
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by usernametaken View Post
      I also didn't have the best experience. I am happy i got to go i guess, i dont feel like i really did anything, but at least ive been there alhamdullilah.
      i also really regret that i messed up someone elses experience by causing them to say something regretful, they are younger than me so i should know better but took it out on them.
      I hope Allah makes it easy for you to go back and I hope that your next experience there is one hundred times better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
        I went Hajj
        my brother would jokingly call me 'hajji sahab'

I hope to go again one day, I know it is selfish but I feel the same as the other two members, I got really ill and most of the time I was dragging myself because of feeling light headed all the time. I fainted once.

I had a loss of appetite and that made me weaker, lucozade energy tables helped a bit and so did diarolyte.

Madinah felt so peaceful, I was slowly starting to feel a bit better but journey was about to end.

Makes a difference who you go with.

​​​​​​
        I am thinking that maybe it is the Shayateen that are working in overtime that are causing people to feel weaker while they are going for Hajj. Maybe Allah allows it so you can get even more reward since you are suffering more than a healthy Muslims? Allah Knows, I just hope you can go back again and feel better and enjoy it more.

Now, Inshallah, when I go, I will make sure to consume Black Seed Oil every day for at least a week before in order to build up my immune system. I will also try to get there early in order to let the Jet-lagginess pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Abisali View Post

I am thinking that maybe it is the Shayateen that are working in overtime that are causing people to feel weaker while they are going for Hajj. Maybe Allah allows it so you can get even more reward since you are suffering more than a healthy Muslims? Allah Knows, I just hope you can go back again and feel better and enjoy it more.

Now, Inshallah, when I go, I will make sure to consume Black Seed Oil every day for at least a week before in order to build up my immune system. I will also try to get there early in order to let the Jet-lagginess pass.
          it depends on the weather too

when we went it was very hot
          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

it depends on the weather too

when we went it was very hot
            Yea, Inshallah when I go, it would be around January or February. I don't do well in the heat.

Was it a dry heat or was it humid? I can probably deal with it if it was dry.

Comment

I have been to Makkah and Medinah more than once. I also got to go Jeddah and that is where I got my Darusalam books in English from.

Alhumdulillah I enjoyed it everytime. One time I also went in ramadan. The atmosphere is different then. The people are so friendly mashaAllah and honestly you would not have to worry about not having enough food at suhr and iftar. It was busy and that is obviously expected. Towards the end of ramadan it got much more busy.

Makkah felt hotter than Madinah. It is a great feeling knowing time of prayer is approaching so would do wudu and head towards the holy sites and hearing the adhaan as you walk towards the masjid...I don't know how to describe it but iman feels high.

The first time I saw the Kaabah I could not believe I was actually there seeing it for real. It does make a person feel special that Allah swt has willed them to be there.

You said about going with someone. There are some travel operators that do group bookings and you don't need to take anyone along as there will be enough people in the group. There probably will be other people in the group travelling alone so just make friends and stick together. Other tour operators let you do your own thing but when it is time for ziyarats the group goes together. One thing for sure you won't feel alone inshaAllah. Infact it might be better alone so you don't have to worry about anyone else and can concentrate on your worship.

You do see poor people and beggars there too and one thing I noticed was although they ask for money they do accept food or even clothes. You do have to be careful with your belongings and as long as you are not careless you should be fine inshaAllah.

If possible try to go when no major construction work is going on. We did once and where it would have taken 5/10 mins to get to the haramain it would take 30 mins.

I hope Allah swt makes it possible for you to go. Keep doing dua and have the intention.
              Last edited by Mintchocchip; 30-06-20, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Alhamdulillah the feeling in my chest everytime makkah and madinah is mentioned I can not describe

The rawda masajid tawaf tawaf tawaf when you finally kiss the blackstone so beautiful the experience so many stories i have from here

I went with my extended family so it was really nice in that respect also

The first day we arrived i basically had todto umrah twice once with my brother when we jumped off the plane and sisters were tired and then later that night for the womenfolk in my family

I wish to go again iA but who knows when in a few more years i will iA take my mum to hajj as well

The one advice i will give is in makkah to make as many tawaf as you can try go for atleast 2x a day. I did most by myself tbh
                What else

In madinah get a good hotel lol there are some really good ones and some not so much

​​​​​Lots lots more i can expand on but you just have to experience it for yourself itll be different for everyone and i feel bad for those who werent really moved but stay active in your deeds lots of tawaf and ik the experience will be amazing iA

Comment

Yea, Inshallah when I go, it would be around January or February. I don't do well in the heat.

Was it a dry heat or was it humid? I can probably deal with it if it was dry.
                  it was dry heat, I don't mind heat because I'm always cold but it did get to me

Staying at Mina was more challenging as you will be in a tent with other people and some people won't give you space. You will have to sleep on the floor and there are pushy people

It's a good idea to get fit and healthy, I am a weakling and I had to be dragged during tawaf (lol)

I went when that stampede took place and alot of people died, so that made me nervous because I was already in a state and there were all sort of people (obviously)

Big guys that will just barge through

Allah swt saved me from getting squashed like a bug lol

those lucozade tablets gave me a little boost

Comment

it was dry heat, I don't mind heat because I'm always cold but it did get to me

Staying at Mina was more challenging as you will be in a tent with other people and some people won't give you space. You will have to sleep on the floor and there are pushy people

It's a good idea to get fit and healthy, I am a weakling and I had to be dragged during tawaf (lol)

I went when that stampede took place and alot of people died, so that made me nervous because I was already in a state and there were all sort of people (obviously)

Big guys that will just barge through

Allah swt saved me from getting squashed like a bug lol

those lucozade tablets gave me a little boost

That is my secondary goal at the moment. Main goal is to learn more deen and grow closer to Allah. I need to cleanse my heart from all of the filth it has accumulated over the years. After reading about the stampede and having to sleep on the floor in a tent, I am even more motivated to lose weight and get in shape. If I go now I would probably deflate like a balloon.

Comment

That is my secondary goal at the moment. Main goal is to learn more deen and grow closer to Allah. I need to cleanse my heart from all of the filth it has accumulated over the years. After reading about the stampede and having to sleep on the floor in a tent, I am even more motivated to lose weight and get in shape. If I go now I would probably deflate like a balloon.
                      Your main goal is good but it shouldn't be for Hajj or umrah because you will overwhelm yourself.

i was like that and it didn't help me because I wanted to be 'perfect' and learn as much as possible. I was being unrealistic.

The losing weight is very important, it will be difficult for you if some of it isn't shed. Losing the weight will ease the joint pain and help you move around quicker in Sha Allah.

in Mina, the toilets, (washroom?) have queues outside, it is a struggle but again, Hajj is for striving and sabr.

You will hear people say 'sabr haji'.

Very few mention about the toilets so just a warning.

For those that are in bad shape they should be prepared for a long wait.

You can lose the weight gradually in Sha Allah. Eat if you get hungry, but make sure it's healthy because otherwise you will starve yourself from good nutrients.

​​​​​

Comment

Inshallah it will be a million times better for you the next time you go. May Allah protect you from the evil eye from those who envy you.
                        in sha Allah

Ameen

Comment

Your main goal is good but it shouldn't be for Hajj or umrah because you will overwhelm yourself.

i was like that and it didn't help me because I wanted to be 'perfect' and learn as much as possible. I was being unrealistic.

The losing weight is very important, it will be difficult for you if some of it isn't shed. Losing the weight will ease the joint pain and help you move around quicker in Sha Allah.

in Mina, the toilets, (washroom?) have queues outside, it is a struggle but again, Hajj is for striving and sabr.

You will hear people say 'sabr haji'.

Very few mention about the toilets so just a warning.

For those that are in bad shape they should be prepared for a long wait.

You can lose the weight gradually in Sha Allah. Eat if you get hungry, but make sure it's healthy because otherwise you will starve yourself from good nutrients.

​​​​​
                          My main goal was never for Hajj. My main goal was to give up on the life I was living, which really wasn't a life, and to purify my heart and put Allah above all else. Hajj or Umrah was more of a side quest, one that I really want to go do. I was just recently thinking that I haven't traveled in a long time and I should go on a vacation somewhere and I just got to thinking, why plan to go relax when I could save the money and go do Umrah at the very least. At least that way, I'd be spending money with Muslims, while also getting hasanat for doing the Umrah. I also really just want to see the Kaa'bah and the Prophet's Masjid.

I totally understand about wanting to be perfect. I did that in the past and it actually ended up with me going in the opposite direction than the one I intended. It is a mistake that I will never, inshallah, make again. Right now I am just taking things step by step.

I never considered to even think about the washrooms. Please tell me that Ummah at least cleans up behind themselves and it is better than the rest of the world. I haven't looked into the process of Hajj in a long time, is it permissible to fast while you do it? Is so, I wouldn't have to worry about using the restroom much.

As far as losing weight, I am hoping to work my way up to fasting as often as I can. It is a good way to lose weight while also getting hasanat and reducing desire for things I shouldn't want. I am thinking to do the fast of Prophet Dawood since it is considered the best type of fasting.

Comment

no I havent been many places apart from my home country tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Imani12309 View Post
                              no I havent been many places apart from my home country tbh
                              May Allah make it possible for you to go.

Comment

My main goal was never for Hajj. My main goal was to give up on the life I was living, which really wasn't a life, and to purify my heart and put Allah above all else. Hajj or Umrah was more of a side quest, one that I really want to go do. I was just recently thinking that I haven't traveled in a long time and I should go on a vacation somewhere and I just got to thinking, why plan to go relax when I could save the money and go do Umrah at the very least. At least that way, I'd be spending money with Muslims, while also getting hasanat for doing the Umrah. I also really just want to see the Kaa'bah and the Prophet's Masjid.

I totally understand about wanting to be perfect. I did that in the past and it actually ended up with me going in the opposite direction than the one I intended. It is a mistake that I will never, inshallah, make again. Right now I am just taking things step by step.

I never considered to even think about the washrooms. Please tell me that Ummah at least cleans up behind themselves and it is better than the rest of the world. I haven't looked into the process of Hajj in a long time, is it permissible to fast while you do it? Is so, I wouldn't have to worry about using the restroom much.

As far as losing weight, I am hoping to work my way up to fasting as often as I can. It is a good way to lose weight while also getting hasanat and reducing desire for things I shouldn't want. I am thinking to do the fast of Prophet Dawood since it is considered the best type of fasting.
                                Is that avatar a Bengal tiger? I enjoy watching documentaries about them.

​​​​​​The year I went it was so busy, so many people, it was Hajj so going for umrah only is a different experience and it will be less crowded. You won't have to worry about Mina if you just go for umrah.

there was a lot of littering, plastic bottles and cups everywhere. I felt sorry for the cleaners who were working hard under the sun non stop, they tried to keep up with the littering.

All that plastic made me cringe, but I don't know what alternative they can provide because refilling a bottle would require people to be cautious and hygienic. Hard to police people this way.

​​​You will have to drink water to keep youself hydrated.

You sound like you want to torture yourself πŸ˜‚

​​​​
                                you're gonna need strength, abisali, I know of relatives who starved themselves so they can avoid going to the loo, it damaged their health, it took them weeks to recover upon their return, one had to be hospitalized because she wouldn't eat during hajj

I am actually not sure about fasting, for Hajj I don't think it is allowed

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X