Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever been to Mecca and Madinah here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever been to Mecca and Madinah here?

I haven't traveled in a long, long time. The more I learn about our Deen, the more I want to go visit our Holiest of Sites. What was your experience when you visited? How were the people, what did you feel when you walked around the Kaa'ba? Are we allowed to go inside it? What did Zam Zam taste like? How did you feel when you entered our Prophet's Masjid? What were the people like? What was the food and architecture like? Has everything become modernized like it looks in pictures or do you still feel the historicity of the land? Do you have any pictures that you can share with us? If so, please post them!

Inshallah we will all one day be able to afford Hajj and witness it for ourselves.

Alhumdulillah I was lucky enough to go in 2012 and 2013 for ummrah

The magnatism of the kaaba is unbelievable. The feeling of coming home is magical. Everyone is helpful and everyone has a smile on their faces.

Iv promised myself not to go abroad till I can afford to perform hajj. InshaAllah the sooner the better.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prince View Post
      Alhumdulillah I was lucky enough to go in 2012 and 2013 for ummrah

The magnatism of the kaaba is unbelievable. The feeling of coming home is magical. Everyone is helpful and everyone has a smile on their faces.

Iv promised myself not to go abroad till I can afford to perform hajj. InshaAllah the sooner the better.
      Al Hamdulillah you were able to go. I kinda want to say I am jealous, but I am happy for you that you got to experience it. I was looking at prices for a visit during the cooler months and they seem to be very reasonable. I may just go to see the sights and pray. If I could find someone to do Umrah with me, then I'll go do that, inshallah, but if I go alone, I'll get overwhelmed and probably mess it up.

Comment

I'd last been to Umrah around 4 years back with my husband and had performed Hajj in 2011 with my parents.

Since the last 3 years, my husband and I had been planning to go for Hajj, but the plan never materialised as our names weren't selected where we'd applied. We had decided that we will go this year, InshaAllah no matter what. I was waiting so eagerly, but just last week, the Saudi Govt. announced that no foreign pilgrims will be allowed to perform Hajj this year. It was heart-breaking as we really were looking forward to it.

It'll take a lot of time to type what I'd experienced, so, I'm just posting screenshots from a news letter I'd given this piece in.

Comment

Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
          I'd last been to Umrah around 4 years back with my husband and had performed Hajj in 2011 with my parents.

Since the last 3 years, my husband and I had been planning to go for Hajj, but the plan never materialised as our names weren't selected where we'd applied. We had decided that we will go this year, InshaAllah no matter what. I was waiting so eagerly, but just last week, the Saudi Govt. announced that no foreign pilgrims will be allowed to perform Hajj this year. It was heart-breaking as we really were looking forward to it.

It'll take a lot of time to type what I'd experienced, so, I'm just posting screenshots from a news letter I'd given this piece in.

It was a nice read and it makes me want to go even more. May Allah make it easy for you to go back.

Comment

Originally posted by Abisali View Post

Al Hamdulillah you were able to go. I kinda want to say I am jealous, but I am happy for you that you got to experience it. I was looking at prices for a visit during the cooler months and they seem to be very reasonable. I may just go to see the sights and pray. If I could find someone to do Umrah with me, then I'll go do that, inshallah, but if I go alone, I'll get overwhelmed and probably mess it up.
            I hope and pray that Allah calls you to his holy sanctuary.

I would've made many mistakes on umrah too but I had my uncle with me who has been on many many occasions so he guided me a lot in 2012. May Allah reward him abundantly.

I would advise you try and go with someone who has been before and knows about where places are and how to achieve the best of your stay there.

Comment

Originally posted by Abisali View Post

I haven't traveled in a long, long time. The more I learn about our Deen, the more I want to go visit our Holiest of Sites. What was your experience when you visited? How were the people, what did you feel when you walked around the Kaa'ba? Are we allowed to go inside it? What did Zam Zam taste like? How did you feel when you entered our Prophet's Masjid? What were the people like? What was the food and architecture like? Has everything become modernized like it looks in pictures or do you still feel the historicity of the land? Do you have any pictures that you can share with us? If so, please post them!

Inshallah we will all one day be able to afford Hajj and witness it for ourselves.
              Yup was there last year alhumdullilah planning to go again soon inshallah once travel restrictions are lifted.

Madinah is peaceful surreal and very nice

Makkah bit more busy and hectic - either way it was lovely!

ZamZam water available everywhere around the masjids and courtyard can't get enough of it...

Also whilst in Madinah went on the outskirts a bit - to the Malls and surrounding places just to see what it was like - quite modernised and nice fancy malls..did not spend too long just went to grab some munch and had a look around....

here are some pics i took last year...

53325203_10156385880014615_4428851640048549888_n.jpg53313413_10156385880179615_5477719315572588544_n.jpg54521612_10156385879974615_4983496973555335168_n.jpg53581838_10156385880434615_2436338065719951360_n.jpg53607156_10156385880204615_8852806987314888704_n.jpg

Comment

Here are some Videos I also took:

Asr Salah timelapse Makkah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UuuO9aBvig

Cleaners at Work - Masjid Haram - Makkah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbqnqh0ptM8

Asr Adhan from Makkah Haram Roof View

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt09S3DYZGo

and others too on the channell
                Does really want to make you go seeing Pics and Videos

Inshallah everyone gets a chance soon!

Comment

Originally posted by sajid View Post
                  Here are some Videos I also took:

Asr Salah timelapse Makkah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UuuO9aBvig

Cleaners at Work - Masjid Haram - Makkah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbqnqh0ptM8

Asr Adhan from Makkah Haram Roof View

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt09S3DYZGo

and others too on the channell
                  Does really want to make you go seeing Pics and Videos

Inshallah everyone gets a chance soon!

Thank you so much for the pictures and videos. I viewed them all with a big smile plastered on my face. Of the pictures, I loved the one that contained the cat the most! Kidding, kidding, I actually loved the one where you have the Kaa'ba in the center and the man who is pushing who I will assume is his wife. It just made me think, mashallah, that's love. Doing the Hajj and helping someone else at the same time, it is beautiful.

Hearing the Adhan while looking at the Kaa'ba brought back memories of my time in Palestine. I wish I could relive those moments. I actually also appreciate the footage of the men doing their daily cleaning. Made me think, if I could start over in life and pick where I wanted to live, I wouldn't mind living in Mecca and being one of those cleaners.

Comment

walaykum salaam

honestly i didnt have a good experience,
                    a raqi who i know well told me its due to the sihr and ayn

i really struggled praying and doing anything islamic

feeling better now Alhamdulillah so want to go again in sha Allah

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                      walaykum salaam

honestly i didnt have a good experience,
                      a raqi who i know well told me its due to the sihr and ayn

i really struggled praying and doing anything islamic

feeling better now Alhamdulillah so want to go again in sha Allah
                      Inshallah it will be a million times better for you the next time you go. May Allah protect you from the evil eye from those who envy you.

Comment

Alhamdulillaah. I had the pleasure of going in 2008 and again in 2018.

I can't seem to upload pictures unfortunately. And they aren't as good as Br Sajid's. I personally do not like taking photos as it ruins the moment.

It really is the best place on Earth.

Both experiences were positive and amazing.

I think you should make the intention to go and perform Umrah and Hajj, and have faith in Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala.

Don't think, "I don't know how to perform Umrah, etc". Be positive, think positively of your Creator and He will make a way for you In Sha Allaah.

I want to go again In Sha Allaah for Umrah. And then perform Hajj when my son is older In Sha Allaah.

Comment

I also didn't have the best experience. I am happy i got to go i guess, i dont feel like i really did anything, but at least ive been there alhamdullilah.
                          i also really regret that i messed up someone elses experience by causing them to say something regretful, they are younger than me so i should know better but took it out on them.

Comment

I went Hajj
                            my brother would jokingly call me 'hajji sahab'

I hope to go again one day, I know it is selfish but I feel the same as the other two members, I got really ill and most of the time I was dragging myself because of feeling light headed all the time. I fainted once.

I had a loss of appetite and that made me weaker, lucozade energy tables helped a bit and so did diarolyte.

Madinah felt so peaceful, I was slowly starting to feel a bit better but journey was about to end.

Makes a difference who you go with.

​​​​​​
                            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Working...
                            X