Muslim Countries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim Countries

I read on IslamQA from multiple scholars that it is impermissible for Muslims to live in kuffir land. I'm a revert from the US and I'm having a hard time understanding what countries would be permissible to live in. Does this mean I should try to move to a Muslim majority country or a country who uses sharia? There are a lot of countries that are majority Muslim but many of them do things like ban niqab- which is an issue for me as I wear it. There also aren't many sharia countries. One thing I want is to `1111111`own a farm like I would here which seems impossible there. I've been looking at land in countries like Egypt, Saudi, and the UAE but I mostly see desert land or sand with patches of green.

Where I'm from land looks like this
    https://cowsgirl.tumblr.com/post/614743086497693696

I seriously do not want to compromise my life's dreams and move somewhere I can't have this. I admittedly loathe sand and places like the desert and beaches.

I also want to build my own house. Here it's cheap and there are people you can easily contract to build it per your wishes. This is the style house I would like but I don't see this abroad and don't know if I could use American floorplans when building a house somewhere like Saudi.

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/404198135281272165/

What country could I move to respecting sharia and still keep my dream?

salam alaykum wa rahmat allah
    there is currently no muslim country that applies tha sharia of allah subhanahu wa talaa that why muslims around the world are getting oppressed if there was just only one country no one would of dare to hurt muslims either physicaly or by depriving them from their right like banning niqab not just because allah subhanahu wa talaa with put fear in the hearts of enemies of islam but in modern time you can deal very painfull blows just by byocotting products imagine if more than 1.5 billion people byocotted france for banning niqab not only would france lift it as soon as possible but no one else would dare to just bring the topic .

i advice you sister to stay in your country practice islam and call to the religion of allah with reason and proof you are more helpfull to islam if you remain in your country and try to spread islam in your area and between your familly and friends because you have the advantage of being born there therefore people will be more open to listen to you and ask you about any misconceptions they have about islam

and allah knows best

Comment

Salam
      I would try to find a good and active muslim community in the US because they are a good way to keep practicing the deen of allah SWT. I would reccomened the Seattle area lots of ethnic diversity and Masjids are not far

Comment

Originally posted by caramelancholy View Post
        I read on IslamQA from multiple scholars that it is impermissible for Muslims to live in kuffir land. I'm a revert from the US and I'm having a hard time understanding what countries would be permissible to live in. Does this mean I should try to move to a Muslim majority country or a country who uses sharia? There are a lot of countries that are majority Muslim but many of them do things like ban niqab- which is an issue for me as I wear it. There also aren't many sharia countries. One thing I want is to `1111111`own a farm like I would here which seems impossible there. I've been looking at land in countries like Egypt, Saudi, and the UAE but I mostly see desert land or sand with patches of green.

Where I'm from land looks like this
        https://cowsgirl.tumblr.com/post/614743086497693696

I seriously do not want to compromise my life's dreams and move somewhere I can't have this. I admittedly loathe sand and places like the desert and beaches.

I also want to build my own house. Here it's cheap and there are people you can easily contract to build it per your wishes. This is the style house I would like but I don't see this abroad and don't know if I could use American floorplans when building a house somewhere like Saudi.

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/404198135281272165/

What country could I move to respecting sharia and still keep my dream?
        You need to appreciate IslamQA is a Salafi website and I have found the rulings always come from a Saudi perspective.

Are all the rulings 100% relevant to someone living in the countryside in the US or an urban area in the UK? I would say no. You should always get religious advice from your most closest, reliable religious authority. And I know people today like to be very nit-picky but these people exist.

In general Muslims were advised not to settle and live amongst non-Muslims but it is important to note the middle-ages were very, very different to how things are now.

Comment

Hijrah is supposed to be a sacrifice. And if you give something up for the sake of Allah, He will replace it with something better.

I had a friend who moved to Saudi and she said that she likes it there. She is a convert like you. I know another revert sister who lived Egypt for some time and wished to stay there permanently. She loves Egypt a lot, but she's back in the states now. She also lived in Jordan, but I'm very sure she prefers Egypt.

The reality is that it's not easy to move abroad and stay there as long as you want. Some sisters married citizens of these countries and were able to stay (this isn't always the best idea), while others work (or their husbands work) teaching English so they can remain there.

There's a YouTube channel created by an African American family who made hijrah to Cairo, Egypt. I guess you'd be able to see what life is like there through their channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/UmmBadi/videos

There's also another channel made by a boy whos parents are British converts. They moved to Saudi and I think his father works as a professor in a university there. It's not as informative as the other channel as he tends to play around, but it's still something: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8F...xZnSRLg/videos

There's also a very informative YouTube channel made by a Somali sister who made hijrah to Cairo. I think she is a legal resident there. She explains what life is like there and things like this. If you're interested, or if any others sisters are interested, you can PM me and I'll send you the link, insha'Allah.

Like you, I also want to move abroad and I think Egypt is the closest in reach for me for now. It's better to marry someone who has similar plans and move with them, but hijrah with a mahram isn't obligatory. You can move on your own, just make sure you have everything carefully planned out.
          Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 19-05-20, 08:20 PM.
          Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

aelmo Do you want to add anything about the UAE?
            Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

Last edited by aelmo; 20-05-20, 12:53 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't say this for others, but since you're a convert I highly advise you not to travel to Saudi, Pakistan, Afghanistan. I've heard Trabzon, Turkey is beautiful, there are beautiful places in Indonesia as well.

Comment

Without delving in to the topic of hijrah itself, I want to say that I live in one of the countries you mentioned, and farms are green here. You just need to cultivate it. It's true that the land surrounding it is mostly desert, but obviously the farms themselves are not.

Comment

My dream would be to live in Al Madinah. It is the Prophet's city and it is protected and blessed by Allah. Unfortunately, the Saudis have made it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to live there permanently. Being able to hear the adhan and walk to the Prophet's masjid whenever I want would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by AX1300 View Post

You need to appreciate IslamQA is a Salafi website and I have found the rulings always come from a Saudi perspective.

Are all the rulings 100% relevant to someone living in the countryside in the US or an urban area in the UK? I would say no. You should always get religious advice from your most closest, reliable religious authority. And I know people today like to be very nit-picky but these people exist.

In general Muslims were advised not to settle and live amongst non-Muslims but it is important to note the middle-ages were very, very different to how things are now.
                      This post doesn’t make any sense.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X