Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hijrah to Sarajevo (Bosnia)

As salamu alaykum!

Would it be a good idea for an Italian muslim moving to Sarajevo? In the first place I was wondering about Arabian Peninsula, especially Dubai which is my favourite city. Then I discovered that those countries are extremely hostile to expats and most of them come from Indian continent .
    In UAE for example I read over two third come from Indian continent, I wonder how I would feel about it..
    ​​​

Fix your question. You want to move to Bosnia? Or UAE? If your outlook like European and have got enough money or good skill, you'll get enough respect from every corner of UAE, plus your Muslim identity will put you in a divine entity to local Arab.
    Bosnia in general does not follow very Islamic culture and a closed community as far as I know, but a Muslim majority country, better than Italy, and with EU residency you can legally live there, but perhaps can't work / do business. However Bosnia is a candidate for EU/EEA.

Comment

In Dubai there is various nationalities so you will fit in and there is more career prospects.

Bosnia is a poorer country , I am not sure if there is any jobs out there . If you are thinking of staying there for long term settlement you will need to weigh up the pros and cons and whether you can be realistic enough to adapt or not.
      "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

Bosnia is beautiful country. But I'm not sure that now is a good time to move in. Many people are moving out even if they have a problem getting a job and residence in EU because of not being members. If they entered the Union, country would lose great share of population. Germany relaxing visa regime this year would make this happen on smaller scale, but corona stopped it for some time. There is also political instability with unpredictable outcomes.

Comment

Simply, forget Sarajevo. Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by SufiSultaniyyah View Post
            Simply, forget Sarajevo. Trust me.
            Whats the issue with Sarajevo? too westernised?

Comment

Originally posted by AX1300 View Post

Whats the issue with Sarajevo? too westernised?
              Basically yes. And hard for living.

Comment

Oh okay, np.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X