Watch out for this scam in Egypt:

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied
    https://twitter.com/trtworld/status/1279792148460630021

Leave a comment:

• Brugedan
    replied
    I am not Egyptian, but I really want to know the culture, customs and life of the people of this country. I was planning to come to this country in about 3 years. Maybe I should learn a little about the culture here before setting foot in Egypt

Leave a comment:

• AX1300
    replied
    Originally posted by SufiSultaniyyah View Post
    Egypt you say. Cairo? Yeah mostly it's cool. Rent? I wouldn't know as I have a flat there. There are many great things in Egypt however there are some that are really bad: health insurance, (non) islamic schools not recognised in the west but hey, you're running away from west so that's fine. If you have kids, I wouldn't advise. At least I wouldn't live there permanently as I've been tied to Egypt a dozen years. Government? Total crap and you should know why. Grocery prices? Not much cheaper than EU TBH. Car prices? Unreal. Car quality? Crap. Commuting to work? Unreal. Easy to waste a few hours daily. I prefer my 10mins. People? Majority are simply wonderful. Anything related to Islam? Subhanallah, amazing, except some Takfeere groups which are slaying Muslims even in Ramadhan. More or less that's it. For detailed cost of living visit www.numbeo.com
    I was really impressed with Egyptian people tbh.

With some of the other Muslim countries I've been to, I really wasn't troubled at all by Egyptian people. They seemed very content, at peace and grounded.

In terms of the politics, it kind of seemed on edge. People in private were not happy with how the country was being run, but kind of conceded Sisi was the best of a bad bunch and they feared the break up of the country. They feared Western powers wanted to turn Egypt into the next Syria.

Leave a comment:

• SufiSultaniyyah
    replied
    Oh BTW the so-called 5tg settlement? For rich guys only and seriously nothing special, too artificial. Egypt basically has no middle class, it's like 10% rich people and perhaps 85% poor, middle class is the rest.

While in Egypt I feel something weird. More rich, less with Deen. And vice versa.

Leave a comment:

• SufiSultaniyyah
    replied
    Egypt you say. Cairo? Yeah mostly it's cool. Rent? I wouldn't know as I have a flat there. There are many great things in Egypt however there are some that are really bad: health insurance, (non) islamic schools not recognised in the west but hey, you're running away from west so that's fine. If you have kids, I wouldn't advise. At least I wouldn't live there permanently as I've been tied to Egypt a dozen years. Government? Total crap and you should know why. Grocery prices? Not much cheaper than EU TBH. Car prices? Unreal. Car quality? Crap. Commuting to work? Unreal. Easy to waste a few hours daily. I prefer my 10mins. People? Majority are simply wonderful. Anything related to Islam? Subhanallah, amazing, except some Takfeere groups which are slaying Muslims even in Ramadhan. More or less that's it. For detailed cost of living visit www.numbeo.com

Leave a comment:

• AX1300
    replied
    Originally posted by TazkiyyatunNafs View Post

I don't really feel one way or the other about the infrastructure here, but I'm not here for dunya reasons otherwise I could've stayed in the West. So these things don't tend to bother me.

I really have no clue how some support themselves and I truly believe it's because they're sincere in their hijrah and have tawakkul in Allaah, that Allaah makes it easy and possible for them. Some sell books, Islamic clothing etc. Others rent out a place they own and live on that money. But truly, I wouldn't have a clue how some others get by. They just do, Allaahumma baarik.

True, many not very practising Egyptians want to move to the West. That's because they're focused on dunya. Anyone that puts deen over dunya wouldn't give that answer, and Allaah knows best.
    I mention that (infrastructure) so people are aware it is not the most developed place. The roads and basic infrastructure are not great. So people will need to compromise in their living standards if they are looking to move there.

I think selling anything would be very, very tough as the markets seem to be flooded with sellers. I can't imagine they make good margins, a lot of the stuff looks like cheap Chinese imports too. I think to make a comfortable life there you will need one foot in the West, and one in Egypt.

Leave a comment:

• TazkiyyatunNafs
    replied
    Originally posted by AX1300 View Post

I was really surprised with how under-developed Egypt actually is in terms of infrastructure etc.

I think people need to appreciate governance is not smooth and life is hard for every-day people.

How would someone go about supporting themselves long-term without money coming in from the West or without using up their savings? People need to think long-term. Work is very difficult there. I met many smart, well-educated people that had to travel 2-3-4 hours daily just to work in tourism/hospitality. A lot wanted to move to the West.

I did feel however it was very safe and the people I was impressed with. I was there on my own and would go out wandering in the night aimlessly for hours. It is a magical and blessed place. Incredible really.
    I don't really feel one way or the other about the infrastructure here, but I'm not here for dunya reasons otherwise I could've stayed in the West. So these things don't tend to bother me.

I really have no clue how some support themselves and I truly believe it's because they're sincere in their hijrah and have tawakkul in Allaah, that Allaah makes it easy and possible for them. Some sell books, Islamic clothing etc. Others rent out a place they own and live on that money. But truly, I wouldn't have a clue how some others get by. They just do, Allaahumma baarik.

True, many not very practising Egyptians want to move to the West. That's because they're focused on dunya. Anyone that puts deen over dunya wouldn't give that answer, and Allaah knows best.

Leave a comment:

• TazkiyyatunNafs
    replied
    Originally posted by ABDEL-ATHEEM View Post

wa Alaykom Assalam wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Jazaaki ALLAHU khayraan Katheerasn for your informative post ma shaa ALLAH

Are you living in Egypt as an Egyptian or a foreigner? How does the Egyptian Government treat you?
    Ameen wa iyyaakum.

As a foreigner, as do all muhaajireen that I know of. Treatment really depends on the person you're dealing with. Some are itching to send brothers back to their country of origin (in case they don't have a visa) and others leave brothers alone because they're Muslim and don't wish to send them back even though they don't a valid visa anymore. In my community there are quite a few without. I think when you have a visa there shouldn't be much problem. Though I have heard of brothers not being able to get in even with visa at times, but they eventually did get in. I think they tend to treat people from the West better though, but again it depends on the person you're dealing with, and Allaah knows best. To get a long-term visa you can apply for Azhar (deviant institute which is not upon the Sunnah) and just not go to their lessons and only go for exams. People I personally know of have been staying here for 10+ years this way. If you end up marrying an Egyptian that will be your way to a long-term visa. May Allaah make what is khayr easy for you.

Leave a comment:

• ABDEL-ATHEEM
    replied
    Originally posted by Amirr View Post
    great choice that you did.. hope you always fine at your new place
    in shaa ALLAH

Assalamu Alaykom

Leave a comment:

• ABDEL-ATHEEM
    replied

wa Alaykom Assalam wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh Sister

Jazaaki ALLAHU khayraan Katheeraan for your informative post ma shaa ALLAH

Are you living in Egypt as an Egyptian or a foreigner? How does the Egyptian Government treat you?

Leave a comment:

• ABDEL-ATHEEM
    replied
    السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I made hijrah to Egypt quite a few years ago and still live here. I believe it's obligated for Muslims to perform hijrah these days, because no matter what some claim, you can't openly practice your religion in the West. Some countries are better than others, but for the most part you'll always be forced to fall in to haraam while living there, and Allaah knows best.

I disagree with the poster above and think $1000 is way above what you actually need. Rent will cost you about $200 and $300 at most in certain parts of Nasr City for instance. And you can get cheaper at other places. Other living expenses are quite cheap. I think a lot of muhaajireen in my community live from around $500 or a bit more a month, Allaahumma baarik. However, they aren't chasing luxuries and are students of knowledge, Allaahumma baarik.

Hijrah is all about intention as the narration about intention mentions. Also, key in performing hijrah is to be realistic. To have tawwakul and lots of patience. It's not going to be rose coloured and it will actually most likely be a very hard adjustment. But once you pass that initial phase and you have patience and push through and you keep renewing your intentions and remember why you left daarulkufr and came to the lands of Muslims, Allaah will make it easy for you. I know many that had a hard time adjusting (me included), living in the West with your family and known environment is dunya wise so much easier, but they wouldn't go back now even if you'd pay them. It's a blessing to be here, Alhamdulillaah. You just need to have pure intentions and do it for Allaah's sake, have tawwakul in Him and lots and lots of patience!

May Allaah open the doors to hijrah and make it easy for those that desire it. And may He bless them with patience and purify their intentions for them.
    wa Alaykom Assalam wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh Sister

Jazaaki ALLAHU khayraan Katheerasn for your informative post ma shaa ALLAH

Leave a comment:

• AX1300
    replied
    السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I made hijrah to Egypt quite a few years ago and still live here. I believe it's obligated for Muslims to perform hijrah these days, because no matter what some claim, you can't openly practice your religion in the West. Some countries are better than others, but for the most part you'll always be forced to fall in to haraam while living there, and Allaah knows best.

I disagree with the poster above and think $1000 is way above what you actually need. Rent will cost you about $200 and $300 at most in certain parts of Nasr City for instance. And you can get cheaper at other places. Other living expenses are quite cheap. I think a lot of muhaajireen in my community live from around $500 or a bit more a month, Allaahumma baarik. However, they aren't chasing luxuries and are students of knowledge, Allaahumma baarik.

Hijrah is all about intention as the narration about intention mentions. Also, key in performing hijrah is to be realistic. To have tawwakul and lots of patience. It's not going to be rose coloured and it will actually most likely be a very hard adjustment. But once you pass that initial phase and you have patience and push through and you keep renewing your intentions and remember why you left daarulkufr and came to the lands of Muslims, Allaah will make it easy for you. I know many that had a hard time adjusting (me included), living in the West with your family and known environment is dunya wise so much easier, but they wouldn't go back now even if you'd pay them. It's a blessing to be here, Alhamdulillaah. You just need to have pure intentions and do it for Allaah's sake, have tawwakul in Him and lots and lots of patience!

May Allaah open the doors to hijrah and make it easy for those that desire it. And may He bless them with patience and purify their intentions for them.
    I was really surprised with how under-developed Egypt actually is in terms of infrastructure etc.

I think people need to appreciate governance is not smooth and life is hard for every-day people.

How would someone go about supporting themselves long-term without money coming in from the West or without using up their savings? People need to think long-term. Work is very difficult there. I met many smart, well-educated people that had to travel 2-3-4 hours daily just to work in tourism/hospitality. A lot wanted to move to the West.

I did feel however it was very safe and the people I was impressed with. I was there on my own and would go out wandering in the night aimlessly for hours. It is a magical and blessed place. Incredible really.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X