living in Egypt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AX1300 View Post

I was really surprised with how under-developed Egypt actually is in terms of infrastructure etc.

I think people need to appreciate governance is not smooth and life is hard for every-day people.

How would someone go about supporting themselves long-term without money coming in from the West or without using up their savings? People need to think long-term. Work is very difficult there. I met many smart, well-educated people that had to travel 2-3-4 hours daily just to work in tourism/hospitality. A lot wanted to move to the West.

I did feel however it was very safe and the people I was impressed with. I was there on my own and would go out wandering in the night aimlessly for hours. It is a magical and blessed place. Incredible really.
    I don't really feel one way or the other about the infrastructure here, but I'm not here for dunya reasons otherwise I could've stayed in the West. So these things don't tend to bother me.

I really have no clue how some support themselves and I truly believe it's because they're sincere in their hijrah and have tawakkul in Allaah, that Allaah makes it easy and possible for them. Some sell books, Islamic clothing etc. Others rent out a place they own and live on that money. But truly, I wouldn't have a clue how some others get by. They just do, Allaahumma baarik.

True, many not very practising Egyptians want to move to the West. That's because they're focused on dunya. Anyone that puts deen over dunya wouldn't give that answer, and Allaah knows best.

Comment

Originally posted by TazkiyyatunNafs View Post

I don't really feel one way or the other about the infrastructure here, but I'm not here for dunya reasons otherwise I could've stayed in the West. So these things don't tend to bother me.

I really have no clue how some support themselves and I truly believe it's because they're sincere in their hijrah and have tawakkul in Allaah, that Allaah makes it easy and possible for them. Some sell books, Islamic clothing etc. Others rent out a place they own and live on that money. But truly, I wouldn't have a clue how some others get by. They just do, Allaahumma baarik.

True, many not very practising Egyptians want to move to the West. That's because they're focused on dunya. Anyone that puts deen over dunya wouldn't give that answer, and Allaah knows best.
      I mention that (infrastructure) so people are aware it is not the most developed place. The roads and basic infrastructure are not great. So people will need to compromise in their living standards if they are looking to move there.

I think selling anything would be very, very tough as the markets seem to be flooded with sellers. I can't imagine they make good margins, a lot of the stuff looks like cheap Chinese imports too. I think to make a comfortable life there you will need one foot in the West, and one in Egypt.

Comment

Egypt you say. Cairo? Yeah mostly it's cool. Rent? I wouldn't know as I have a flat there. There are many great things in Egypt however there are some that are really bad: health insurance, (non) islamic schools not recognised in the west but hey, you're running away from west so that's fine. If you have kids, I wouldn't advise. At least I wouldn't live there permanently as I've been tied to Egypt a dozen years. Government? Total crap and you should know why. Grocery prices? Not much cheaper than EU TBH. Car prices? Unreal. Car quality? Crap. Commuting to work? Unreal. Easy to waste a few hours daily. I prefer my 10mins. People? Majority are simply wonderful. Anything related to Islam? Subhanallah, amazing, except some Takfeere groups which are slaying Muslims even in Ramadhan. More or less that's it. For detailed cost of living visit www.numbeo.com

Comment

Oh BTW the so-called 5tg settlement? For rich guys only and seriously nothing special, too artificial. Egypt basically has no middle class, it's like 10% rich people and perhaps 85% poor, middle class is the rest.

While in Egypt I feel something weird. More rich, less with Deen. And vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by SufiSultaniyyah View Post
            Egypt you say. Cairo? Yeah mostly it's cool. Rent? I wouldn't know as I have a flat there. There are many great things in Egypt however there are some that are really bad: health insurance, (non) islamic schools not recognised in the west but hey, you're running away from west so that's fine. If you have kids, I wouldn't advise. At least I wouldn't live there permanently as I've been tied to Egypt a dozen years. Government? Total crap and you should know why. Grocery prices? Not much cheaper than EU TBH. Car prices? Unreal. Car quality? Crap. Commuting to work? Unreal. Easy to waste a few hours daily. I prefer my 10mins. People? Majority are simply wonderful. Anything related to Islam? Subhanallah, amazing, except some Takfeere groups which are slaying Muslims even in Ramadhan. More or less that's it. For detailed cost of living visit www.numbeo.com
            I was really impressed with Egyptian people tbh.

With some of the other Muslim countries I've been to, I really wasn't troubled at all by Egyptian people. They seemed very content, at peace and grounded.

In terms of the politics, it kind of seemed on edge. People in private were not happy with how the country was being run, but kind of conceded Sisi was the best of a bad bunch and they feared the break up of the country. They feared Western powers wanted to turn Egypt into the next Syria.

Comment

I am not Egyptian, but I really want to know the culture, customs and life of the people of this country. I was planning to come to this country in about 3 years. Maybe I should learn a little about the culture here before setting foot in Egypt

Comment

https://twitter.com/trtworld/status/1279792148460630021
                .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Watch out for this scam in Egypt:

Comment

Egypt vs Malaysia:

Comment

No regrets living in Egypt:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X