No announcement yet.

living in Egypt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alexandria is really nice i visisted there for a month the beach in alexandria was amazing

Comment

Originally posted by salafi7 View Post
      alexandria is really nice i visisted there for a month the beach in alexandria was amazing
      I will study about living in Alexandria Egypt in shaa ALLAH and thanks for the advice.
      Assalamu Alaykom
      Last edited by ABDEL-ATHEEM; 25-03-20, 08:37 AM.
      ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created the earth and everything in the earth and created all of the heavens and everything in all of these heavens and created all of the hells and everything in all of these hells and created all of the universes and everything in all of these universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

Originally posted by ABDEL-ATHEEM View Post
        I will study about living in Alexandria Egypt in shaa ALLAH and thanks for the advice.
        Assalamu Alaykom
        are you trying to move to an islamic country or something from the west? one thing i will say it is really hard and its not as good as it seems because i tried it a few times and many islamic countries also have many problems. honestly in some way some times its asier to practice living in the west as long as your doing ok financially.

Comment

are you trying to move to an islamic country or something from the west? one thing i will say it is really hard and its not as good as it seems because i tried it a few times and many islamic countries also have many problems. honestly in some way some times its asier to practice living in the west as long as your doing ok financially.
          Their is a lot more of chance for me to find a chaste muminah woman to marry in a muslim majority country in shaa ALLAH than in America my birthplace where muslims are a small minority. Also in a country like Egypt the dollar goes very far in shaa ALLAH while in america everything is very expensive and you have to pay IRS federal tax and state tax and local tax and sales tax and car tax and other various forms of taxes. Egypt has very few taxes ma shaa ALLAH, so they are tax advantages for me to move to Egypt in shaa ALLAH. in shaa ALLAH in Egypt I will be able to hear the call of prayer five times a day from the masjid's loudspeakers and in America masjids are not allowed to do the call of prayer from loudspeakers so you can not even hear them do the call of prayer in America.

Assalamu Alaykom Brother
          Last edited by ABDEL-ATHEEM; 29-03-20, 01:05 PM.
          ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created the earth and everything in the earth and created all of the heavens and everything in all of these heavens and created all of the hells and everything in all of these hells and created all of the universes and everything in all of these universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

Their is a lot more of chance for me to find a chaste muminah woman to marry in a muslim majority country in shaa ALLAH than in America my birthplace where muslims are a small minority. Also in a country like Egypt the dollar goes very far in shaa ALLAH while in america everything is very expensive and you have to pay IRS federal tax and state tax and local tax and sales tax and car tax and other various forms of taxes. Egypt has very few taxes ma shaa ALLAH, so they are tax advantages for me to move to Egypt in shaa ALLAH. in shaa ALLAH in Egypt I will be able to hear the call of prayer five times a day from the masjid's loudspeakers and in America masjids are not allowed to do the call of prayer from loudspeakers so you can not even hear them do the call of prayer in America.

Assalamu Alaykom Brother
            you know thats exactly what I had tought before I tried making hijra there. Once I did I reazlied its actually much more expensive than I tought. Also making money is really really hard to do there unless your from there. how would you make an income there without knowing the language or anybody there?

Comment

how would you make an income there without knowing the anybody there?
              Good point you make ma shaa ALLAH because all of my customers I am writing in shaa ALLAH for are in America. I do not have any customers in Egypt.

Comment

Good point you make ma shaa ALLAH because all of my customers I am writing in shaa ALLAH for are in America. I do not have any customers in Egypt.
                oh if you have a business and can make income while in egypt then its possible. you probally need around 1000 dollars a month to get by inshallah

Comment

oh if you have a business and can make income while in egypt then its possible. you probally need around 1000 dollars a month to get by inshallah
                  Thank you very much for all of your advice.
                  Last edited by ABDEL-ATHEEM; 02-04-20, 07:18 AM.

Comment

great choice that you did.. hope you always fine at your new place

Comment

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I made hijrah to Egypt quite a few years ago and still live here. I believe it's obligated for Muslims to perform hijrah these days, because no matter what some claim, you can't openly practice your religion in the West. Some countries are better than others, but for the most part you'll always be forced to fall in to haraam while living there, and Allaah knows best.

I disagree with the poster above and think $1000 is way above what you actually need. Rent will cost you about $200 and $300 at most in certain parts of Nasr City for instance. And you can get cheaper at other places. Other living expenses are quite cheap. I think a lot of muhaajireen in my community live from around $500 or a bit more a month, Allaahumma baarik. However, they aren't chasing luxuries and are students of knowledge, Allaahumma baarik.

Hijrah is all about intention as the narration about intention mentions. Also, key in performing hijrah is to be realistic. To have tawwakul and lots of patience. It's not going to be rose coloured and it will actually most likely be a very hard adjustment. But once you pass that initial phase and you have patience and push through and you keep renewing your intentions and remember why you left daarulkufr and came to the lands of Muslims, Allaah will make it easy for you. I know many that had a hard time adjusting (me included), living in the West with your family and known environment is dunya wise so much easier, but they wouldn't go back now even if you'd pay them. It's a blessing to be here, Alhamdulillaah. You just need to have pure intentions and do it for Allaah's sake, have tawwakul in Him and lots and lots of patience!

May Allaah open the doors to hijrah and make it easy for those that desire it. And may He bless them with patience and purify their intentions for them.
                      Last edited by TazkiyyatunNafs; 03-05-20, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TazkiyyatunNafs View Post

I made hijrah to Egypt quite a few years ago and still live here. I believe it's obligated for Muslims to perform hijrah these days, because no matter what some claim, you can't openly practice your religion in the West. Some countries are better than others, but for the most part you'll always be forced to fall in to haraam while living there, and Allaah knows best.

I disagree with the poster above and think $1000 is way above what you actually need. Rent will cost you about $200 and $300 at most in certain parts of Nasr City for instance. And you can get cheaper at other places. Other living expenses are quite cheap. I think a lot of muhaajireen in my community live from around $500 or a bit more a month, Allaahumma baarik. However, they aren't chasing luxuries and are students of knowledge, Allaahumma baarik.

Hijrah is all about intention as the narration about intention mentions. Also, key in performing hijrah is to be realistic. To have tawwakul and lots of patience. It's not going to be rose coloured and it will actually most likely be a very hard adjustment. But once you pass that initial phase and you have patience and push through and you keep renewing your intentions and remember why you left daarulkufr and came to the lands of Muslims, Allaah will make it easy for you. I know many that had a hard time adjusting (me included), living in the West with your family and known environment is dunya wise so much easier, but they wouldn't go back now even if you'd pay them. It's a blessing to be here, Alhamdulillaah. You just need to have pure intentions and do it for Allaah's sake, have tawwakul in Him and lots and lots of patience!

May Allaah open the doors to hijrah and make it easy for those that desire it. And may He bless them with patience and purify their intentions for them.
                        I was really surprised with how under-developed Egypt actually is in terms of infrastructure etc.

I think people need to appreciate governance is not smooth and life is hard for every-day people.

How would someone go about supporting themselves long-term without money coming in from the West or without using up their savings? People need to think long-term. Work is very difficult there. I met many smart, well-educated people that had to travel 2-3-4 hours daily just to work in tourism/hospitality. A lot wanted to move to the West.

I did feel however it was very safe and the people I was impressed with. I was there on my own and would go out wandering in the night aimlessly for hours. It is a magical and blessed place. Incredible really.

Comment

Originally posted by TazkiyyatunNafs View Post

wa Alaykom Assalam wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh Sister

Jazaaki ALLAHU khayraan Katheerasn for your informative post ma shaa ALLAH

Are you living in Egypt as an Egyptian or a foreigner? How does the Egyptian Government treat you?

Comment

wa Alaykom Assalam wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh Sister

Jazaaki ALLAHU khayraan Katheeraan for your informative post ma shaa ALLAH

Are you living in Egypt as an Egyptian or a foreigner? How does the Egyptian Government treat you?

Comment

Originally posted by Amirr View Post
                              great choice that you did.. hope you always fine at your new place
                              in shaa ALLAH

Assalamu Alaykom

Comment

wa Alaykom Assalam wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Jazaaki ALLAHU khayraan Katheerasn for your informative post ma shaa ALLAH

Ameen wa iyyaakum.

As a foreigner, as do all muhaajireen that I know of. Treatment really depends on the person you're dealing with. Some are itching to send brothers back to their country of origin (in case they don't have a visa) and others leave brothers alone because they're Muslim and don't wish to send them back even though they don't a valid visa anymore. In my community there are quite a few without. I think when you have a visa there shouldn't be much problem. Though I have heard of brothers not being able to get in even with visa at times, but they eventually did get in. I think they tend to treat people from the West better though, but again it depends on the person you're dealing with, and Allaah knows best. To get a long-term visa you can apply for Azhar (deviant institute which is not upon the Sunnah) and just not go to their lessons and only go for exams. People I personally know of have been staying here for 10+ years this way. If you end up marrying an Egyptian that will be your way to a long-term visa. May Allaah make what is khayr easy for you.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X