Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arifahze
    replied
    This is such an interesting thread. Quite an entertainment for me lols. Anyway I just want to say that the number of muslim population doesn't necessarily mean the better the country in regards to the deen. I am from Indonesia and yes 87% of the population is muslim but again not all those people are practicing the deen. we have many mosques which people still go to alhamdulillah. But depending on which area you live, things will be different. If you live in the capital or big city, relationships outside marriage is something that is very very normal. Zina has increasingly become something that is normal too, esp in urban area. Woman wear hijab but mostly just to cover their head and still wear jeans etc. This applies to another aspect. Also we are increasingly becoming more and more liberal sadly (I think this is very important, with the media, shifting of value/paradigm in society, etc). I think both group who are leaning towards liberal - secular and those who are practicing muslim (called hijra in my country) is growing. But the government itself been leaning towards the first group. Practicing muslims are called and labeled as extrimist and a danger towards the multicultural nature of our country. It's more complex than that actually. But just to give the idea about the condition here.

I know this thread has been sorta closed but I just wanted to give a respond regarding to how even in a "muslim country", doesn't mean the practicing of the deen is guaranteed. I agree to the other guy who replied earlier and said that fitna is every where, part of our ikhtiar is yes, to find a place with lessen fitna, but you will still need to protect and practice your deen and more importantly ask for protection from Allah. We live in the end of times, there's no place that is truly safe from contamination of this worldly life.

Leave a comment:

• RED ICON
    replied
    "Bonus factors:
    Proper Shariah enforcement
    Friendly community
    Low crime rates
    Peaceful area
    Mild/pleasurable climate
    Affordable living costs"

Never knew such a place could exist lol. Inshallah you will find a good home. I have myself thought of moving, but I would take the 'Proper shariah enforcements' as my only priority, and perhaps being affordable. One can always attempt to change the rest, if he can work with the community. Allahu alam.

Leave a comment:

• Flawed
    replied
    Originally posted by aurorascopic View Post
    If no one has already mentioned it, Oman is beautiful and serene :)
    Oman is beautiful

Leave a comment:

• aurorascopic
    replied
    If no one has already mentioned it, Oman is beautiful and serene :)

Leave a comment:

• Richard323
    replied
    Originally posted by Raam101 View Post
    I'm vouching for Turkey as well, I went there several times and really enjoyed it; Azerbaijan is a great destination as well, but there are not a lot of people who speak English (or Arabic).
    Azerbaijan is beautiful by nature, but the standard of living there is low, and now the political situation is unstable.

Leave a comment:

• isa_muhammad
    replied
    No .. not quite. A holiday is a holiday. You might have a good experience or bad.
    Allah SWT can give us 'a taste' of jannah .. be it through delicious food or enjoying our spouse etc.

..but this world is a test for us. Most holiday destinations are not 'jannah' for the people who live there .. FAR FROM IT!

Leave a comment:

• Fanta>Mirinda
    replied
    Beware of what your hands set forth (quote Qur'an) for you can experience jannah on earth.

Leave a comment:

• Raam101
    replied
    I'm vouching for Turkey as well, I went there several times and really enjoyed it; Azerbaijan is a great destination as well, but there are not a lot of people who speak English (or Arabic).

Leave a comment:

• Richard323
    replied
    I am considering Northern Cyprus and Turkey, I like the proximity of the sea, the climate.

Leave a comment:

• Abid221
    replied
    And also what's wrong with Pakistan?

Its poor and corrupt but to be honest there are honest people there also and one has to only blame themselves if they get conned.

There's ways of doing things properly.

Pakistan is very free and there's tons of places one can live.

Leave the city and go rural. but be sure to not go in to cave man mode. So do purchase some land and get the solar plates and AC in. Plus get good quality pumps etc. Meaning make things comfortable for yourself.

Pakistan Zindabaad

Leave a comment:

• Abid221
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt View Post

The other options available in our education systems are either unsatisfactory or not interesting (maths/physics/business).
    Helping people has a role as well, yes.

Doctor or not a doctor, I do not plan on staying in this country. Quite frankly - I hate it. There are many, many reasons for this, but for the sake of not spending hours here I'm not going over them.

The pay here for jobs, not just for doctors, is incredibly meagre. The scope for specializations in this country is incredibly limited and I would like to be able to improve upon whatever I'm doing and advance. I am already fluent in English and usually English is acceptable internationally. If I'd like to go to a country then I don't actually mind learning a language, that is interesting to me as well.

Thank you. May God bless you as well.
    Change your mindset.

Just remember the Hadith of Prophet Sallalahu alyhi wassalaam

It was narrated from Salamah bin ‘Ubaidullah bin Mihsan Al-Ansari that his father said:

“The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: ‘Whoever among you wakes up physically healthy, feeling safe and secure within himself, with food for the day, it is as if he acquired the whole world.’”

Leave a comment:

• Bolt
    replied
    A fair reminder to anyone, I won't be replying to this thread again, it's been 7 months since the first post and I've obtained what I wished out of it. I've tried to get the thread closed, but since no mod has done that yet, I will simply not be replying to this thread further.

Thank you for understanding.

Leave a comment:

• Eden
    replied
    Pakistan's a pretty crappy country. I don't want to live my life here. Especially with the bad childhood memories over here. Doctors don't get good pay vs. other countries for specialization, and I'm already studying to go abroad (CAIEs). They demerit you if you want to study medicine here in the entry exams if you did CAIEs rather than the federal board.

​​​​​​Being revered isn't in my ideals either.
    It seems you are looking to choose the easy option, just move to a developed country and live a lavish/comfortable life rather than doing something good for the people of your own country and helping it become a developed country. People like you become a doctor in few thousand dollars in Pakistan and then they offer their services abroad.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by imran1976 View Post

Yup the facepalm.
    see, you wanna fly abroad, no issues; but don't say that doctors don't earn much in Pakistan.
    We can agree to disagree.

Leave a comment:

• imran1976
    replied

facepalm
    Yup the facepalm.
    see, you wanna fly abroad, no issues; but don't say that doctors don't earn much in Pakistan.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X