Comfortable Muslim Countries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfortable Muslim Countries?

What are Muslim countries with the best quality of life? I want to live comfortably. For context, I am Pakistani and inshallah will become a doctor. Proximity to friends/family is not a priority as my siblings are going abroad too probably. I may take my parents with me along. Other than my immediate family, we rarely meet(for good reason, not starting for the sake of staying on topic), and I don't meet with friends outside.
    ​​​​​​
    Bonus factors:
    Proper Shariah enforcement
    Friendly community
    Low crime rates
    Peaceful area
    Mild/pleasurable climate
    Affordable living costs

If there's anything I've missed that I should be considering as a Muslim, lemme know. There are a good 10+ years before I actually move, so things will change.

I am considering UAE, as I used to live there 5 years ago, but I dislike the discrimination and unfair rights towards local Arabs over there(if a local has an accident with you, it's your fault).
    Last edited by Bolt; 12-01-20, 04:31 PM.
    "When you want to cry, laugh.
    If you're frozen in fear, you can't do anything"

Pakistan?

Why don't you live there? It's the best option for a Pakistani, especially one that is a doctor

You get the respect and everyone will love you
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Just stay in pak. Doctors have money and live a comfortable life.

Comment

Nvm
        Last edited by Ya'sin; 16-01-20, 07:16 PM.
        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Nvm
          Last edited by Ya'sin; 16-01-20, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Pakistan's a pretty crappy country. I don't want to live my life here. Especially with the bad childhood memories over here. Doctors don't get good pay vs. other countries for specialization, and I'm already studying to go abroad (CAIEs). They demerit you if you want to study medicine here in the entry exams if you did CAIEs rather than the federal board.

​​​​​​Being revered isn't in my ideals either.

Comment

The problem is those countries are full of corruption. I wouldn’t necessarily put pay even as the thing to look for, i would put honesty. At least in the nhs though you are over worked, you are held accountable.
              And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
                The problem is those countries are full of corruption. I wouldn’t necessarily put pay even as the thing to look for, i would put honesty. At least in the nhs though you are over worked, you are held accountable.
                Exactly corruption is incredibly widespread with bribery and influence prevailing.

Comment

Try Malaysia.. Never been there myself but from the people I have met from there.. It would be on my list of countries to emigrate to.
                  Don't let my online status deceive you
                  (I'm just a member of the Chinese terracotta army)

Comment

Originally posted by Bolt View Post

Exactly corruption is incredibly widespread with bribery and influence prevailing.
                    This bro. Don't choose money over your akhirah. That's my best advice I guess you'll have to find the most honest Muslim country where the working environment is with good people, a good manager who will not place pressure on you to make as many 'sales' as possible but to actually help others.
                    And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

I think Jordan is a good choice, if you have money you can lead a comfortable life, it is fairly middle way in terms of east meets west and again if you have money or private health insurance the medicine is one of the best in the ME. There are quite a number of British desis there in IT and communications and they seemed to like it.

Comment

Malaysia, Turkey, Qatar, Morocco (beautiful country, beautiful weather, amazing food and fashion, know one Pakistani Dr. Who was planning to move there). But If I really had a choice; Saudi Arabia, racism etc aside, you get to pray in the prophet's mosque often not to mention Macca. Worth the patience and troubles some Saudi natives may give you.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post

This bro. Don't choose money over your akhirah. That's my best advice I guess you'll have to find the most honest Muslim country where the working environment is with good people, a good manager who will not place pressure on you to make as many 'sales' as possible but to actually help others.
                          I'm not really crazy for money. That kind of environment seems like a pipe dream, unfortunately. I'll probably have to let some things go unnoticed.(I obviously want to live in the country that's the best Muslim environment but it's unrealistic to have it all).

Comment

Originally posted by Zuli View Post
                            Malaysia, Turkey, Qatar, Morocco (beautiful country, beautiful weather, amazing food and fashion, know one Pakistani Dr. Who was planning to move there). But If I really had a choice; Saudi Arabia, racism etc aside, you get to pray in the prophet's mosque often not to mention Macca. Worth the patience and troubles some Saudi natives may give you.
                            Saudia has been in war forever, and I just want peace of mind. What people say hurts me a lot, being an oversensitive person. If I become more mentally stronger I may consider it. I disagree with its laws(seriously dabbing gets you in jail are you kidding me) either. Rn it's a no-go for me, and is not on my list of potential targets.

Comment

Thanks to everyone else for the recommendations, I will definitely have to do some research.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X