• Originally posted by UmmAbdullah86 View Post

Honestly, because it's 90%shia.
    1. Go there for travel and tourism, not Hijrah
    2. Only 1/4 of that 90% are religious

Comment

• Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

1. Go there for travel and tourism, not Hijrah
      2. Only 1/4 of that 90% are religious
      Even still, I wouldn't feel comfortable praying behind a shia imam.  I'm not saying I definitely wouldn't go, but that would certainly put me off.  It's a shame as the architecture looks amazing.  

Comment

Even still, I wouldn't feel comfortable praying behind a shia imam.¬ I'm not saying I definitely wouldn't go, but that would certainly put me off.¬ It's a shame as the architecture looks amazing.¬ ¬
        1. Why would you have to pray behind a Shia Imam (You're a woman)?
        2. Come to think of it, finding a Sunni congregation for Jummu'ah might be difficult, but it's not impossible. At least not in the cities I listed (Tehran might be nearly impossible)

Comment

1. Why would you have to pray behind a Shia Imam (You're a woman)?
          2. Come to think of it, finding a Sunni congregation for Jummu'ah might be difficult, but it's not impossible. At least not in the cities I listed (Tehran might be nearly impossible)
          Because I have to pray too.  When we are out and about where will I pray?  One of the reasons we travel is to see masaajid around the world.  

Comment

Because I have to pray too.¬ When we are out and about where will I pray?¬ One of the reasons we travel is to see masaajid around the world.¬ ¬
            You can pray in the women's section of the Masjid. Nothing is stopping you from praying before or after the Jamm'ah. Also, there are Sunni Masajid in those cities.

Comment

You can pray in the women's section of the Masjid. Nothing is stopping you from praying before or after the Jamm'ah. Also, there are Sunni Masajid in those cities.
              My husband always wants to catch the jama'ah.  Apart from the fact that he wouldn't want to pray behind a shia imam either, I wouldn't sit there waiting until everyone had prayed and then pray,  it defeats the purpose of going to the mosque.  Anyway, it's not just about the mosques, the whole shia vibe would put me off. 

Comment

• Nvm
                Last edited by Ya'sin; 29-11-19, 08:09 PM.
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• Turkey and Pakistan
                  قُلْنَا يَا نَارُ كُونِي بَرْدًا وَسَلَامًا عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ - 21:69

Comment

Working...
                  X