Nice muslim countries to travel to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    Honestly I don't understand why people don't do hijra to African Muslim countries that aren't North African. I guess there is not being familiar with these countries is one thing but people are underestimating those countries a lot.

Its no worse than some of the places UF members also call 'back home' but yeah there is this double standard.
    that's true

it is the way those countries are portrayed, similar to countries like Bangladesh where there are certain parts of it that are better off than others

Even then, one should challenge what is being shown

The usual white man saving the poor coloured people and teaching them what is right and wrong.

We all know there is irony in that because they're the ones that ruined those rich countries in the past, now they complain about immigrants

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

And so what if "they retrieve water from wells". Is that a laughable manner? I sense arrogance in your comment. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
      The lol was at the brother
      i found it funny that he randomly said that
      I was not laughing at the country having wells
      heck my own country has mud houses

i was not trying to be arrogant at all
      you should have husn dann

Comment

^ So you laughed because you thought the comment was random. Okay that's not how I took it. Khayr, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Comment

^ So you laughed because you thought the comment was random. Okay that's not how I took it. Khayr, sorry for the misunderstanding.
          I don't think the sensitivity is really necessary. It's not like we're white and you're black. Muslims poke fun at other Muslims jokingly at times. It might not be "right", but it's extremely common between Bengalis and "Pakis", Iranians and Afghans, Saudis and Sudanese, etc.

I would understand if we were white Americans/Europeans and you were a black Bantu Africa, but that isn't the case.

Just my opinion though.

Comment

^ I disagree. It doesn't matter if he is white/black/asian..or something else..If he had laughed at them having to "retrieve water from wells", then that's just distasteful and arrogant..

Comment

^ I disagree. It doesn't matter if he is white/black/asian..or something else..If he had laughed at them having to "retrieve water from wells", then that's just distasteful and arrogant..
              Well he obviously didn't mean it like that. But anyways, Khayr InshaAllah.

I hope to visit Somalia one day. The Muslims I've came across from there have always amazed me, my favourite Qari is Somali, and they are one of the oldest Muslim nations.

Comment

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post

I hope to visit Somalia one day. The Muslims I've came across from there have always amazed me, my favourite Qari is Somali, and they are one of the oldest Muslim nations.
                Me too. One day hopefully.. He is a great qari Allahumma baarik.

Comment

Abdul rahman sufi ?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Abdul rahman sufi ?
                    Abdur Rashid Ali Sufi. He has recordings in most, if not all of the Qira'at.

Comment

Abdur Rashid Ali Sufi. He has recordings in most, if not all of the Qira'at.
                      Ahh yes sorry thats it

His student teaches in london now

Comment

One of the best place is Maldives. Here are some good guest houses which you can enjoy the stay through out the year.

https://www.facebook.com/Rosemary-Bo...6514400698557/

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 5 photos.
                        Say: "O People of the Book! come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners ... turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will).

Comment

Originally posted by Ibrahim Rasheed View Post
                          One of the best place is Maldives..
                          I'd like to go there..
                          I understand that they are seriously threatened by climate change.
                          He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

People who aren't from those lands have little to no knowledge about them. Like I was genuinely ignorant of the fact that Somalia wasn't running on wells. But can you blame me? That's the perception we have of Africa here. You have to do your own independent research to truly understand what's going on.

It seems to be the perception of a couple of people, but remember so many people have come to Somaliland of diff cultures so its not really anyone's fault if someone is ignorant of what others have known for years.

And Africa is not one country its loads of diff countries. I think people wish to stay ignorant then.
                            Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
                            In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
                            USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
                            (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

It seems to be the perception of a couple of people, but remember so many people have come to Somaliland of diff cultures so its not really anyone's fault if someone is ignorant of what others have known for years.

And Africa is not one country its loads of diff countries. I think people wish to stay ignorant then.
                              They don't teach us about Somalia in school nor do we hear anything positive about Africa in the mainstream media. We know of places like Egypt and Morocco because they're generally popular and Muslims look into these places for studying Arabic.

And it's not really about staying ignorant either. It's kind of like useless knowledge if it isn't relevant to your life. Who cares if Somalia runs off wells or has a developed infrastructure? I might care on some level because I'm a Muslim, but why would a Kaafir care? Won't make any difference in his life.

It's your job to spread awareness if you think it means something to you.

Wa Allahu A'lam

Comment

LailaTheMuslim Why don't you open a thread and teach us about the non-Arab African Muslim countries? I'm sure Muslims would take interest in learning about them if the sources were convenient.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X