Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving to a Muslim Majority Country for Religious freedom?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaas View Post

But with family, I'd expect saudi to be a bad idea since youre never really certain of your job, just a couple days ago my husband told me his friend lost his job for no good reason so he'll have to come back to UK and maybe reapply if he wants to, is that a hasstle you want to go through if you have a wife and kids? I dont think that happens in egypt like that but idk tbh
    If your contract isn't renewed (most schools have 2 year contracts for teachers - assuming your husband's friend was a teacher) then yea you'd have to look for a job within the grace period they give or leave the country.

But this could happen anywhere. I don't believe it is the norm to have to be forced back to one's country. If a person has experience in the khaleej and has been working there for years they will find many opportunities.

Comment

What's wrong with moving to Pakistan?

Perfectly nice, "religious" people there.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post

If your contract isn't renewed (most schools have 2 year contracts for teachers - assuming your husband's friend was a teacher) then yea you'd have to look for a job within the grace period they give or leave the country.

But this could happen anywhere. I don't believe it is the norm to have to be forced back to one's country. If a person has experience in the khaleej and has been working there for years they will find many opportunities.
        Hmm yea well i dont have experience there but my sister in law lives in medina and she mentioned she doesnt like how you're never really settled and they can kinda deport you whenever they feel like it... again I'm not very experienced in this but i just been told you never really have any security when living there.

i dont think every country gives you 2 year contracts in jobs, idk about egypt but just here in the west usually you either replace someone who is sick or you get a job contract of undetermined time
        Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Hmm yea well i dont have experience there but my sister in law lives in medina and she mentioned she doesnt like how you're never really settled and they can kinda deport you whenever they feel like it... again I'm not very experienced in this but i just been told you never really have any security when living there.

i dont think every country gives you 2 year contracts in jobs, idk about egypt but just here in the west usually you either replace someone who is sick or you get a job contract of undetermined time
          Interesting.

Yea peace of mind is very important. Don't want to live while being at the mercy of others. I still firmly believe that if a person is qualified and has experience in their field they won't be forced to go back home and they won't be between jobs for long.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
            What's wrong with moving to Pakistan?

Perfectly nice, "religious" people there.
            -_-

Comment

Muslim parts of kenya, south africa or city part of mauritania or village part of pakistan bangladesh
              cheaper
              easier to settle

Comment

im not sure which country but what about dubai?

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                Muslim parts of kenya, south africa or city part of mauritania or village part of pakistan bangladesh
                cheaper
                easier to settle
                kenya is beautiful and the weather is really nice too

Comment

cheaper
                  easier to settle
                  Bangladesh is a prejudice filled country. One Muslim group hostile to another Muslim group.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                    im not sure which country but what about dubai?
                    Moving to UAE

Pro:
                    Freedom to practice Islam, No prejudice about how you practice it
                    Free from Fitnah (Well if you're limiting it to Dubai, I don't know)
                    Very safe

Cons:
                    Racism (Depends where you're from)
                    No Job security
                    UAE laws suck money out of you like leech
                    Not exactly "moving", since you're only there as long as you arr employed

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

Moving to UAE

Pro:
                      Freedom to practice Islam, No prejudice about how you practice it
                      Free from Fitnah (Well if you're limiting it to Dubai, I don't know)
                      Very safe

Cons:
                      Racism (Depends where you're from)
                      No Job security
                      UAE laws suck money out of you like leech
                      Not exactly "moving", since you're only there as long as you arr employed
                      you make some good points akhi

Comment

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

you make some good points akhi
                        It’s not the difficult to keep or find a job in the UAE, especially if you are from the UK.

I am obviously biased towards the UAE but pretty much every country in this area is the same. There is just more to do in the UAE.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

It’s not the difficult to keep or find a job in the UAE, especially if you are from the UK.

I am obviously biased towards the UAE but pretty much every country in this area is the same. There is just more to do in the UAE.
                          Yeah, if you're from the UK, US or Europe, you can get very high paying job in UAE with comparatively better job security than other nationalities.

It goes downhill from there...
                          That's why I put racism in the cons

Comment

cheaper
                            easier to settle
                            Kinda why I'm thinking Malaysia because some of the smaller towns are super cheap and there is a Muslim majority yet there is still some connection with foriegners from all over the world and it's peaceful there, and I have the chance to travel from Malaysia to any country I want in Asia/Africa/Middle East even Euroupe because of it's convenient location compared to the USA.

Comment

During my Umrah, I spoke to many foreigners in Saudi & met up with a family relative who has been living in Jeddah for 25 years. Everyone said how horrible it felt to never really settle. That every year they have to make sure the sponsor supports them & they can renew their visa. 12 month goes with blink of an eye & if someone goes back home for few month vacation then they only have few months left before the process starts again. It is not peaceful.

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post

During my Umrah, I spoke to many foreigners in Saudi & met up with a family relative who has been living in Jeddah for 25 years. Everyone said how horrible it felt to never really settle. That every year they have to make sure the sponsor supports them & they can renew their visa. 12 month goes with blink of an eye & if someone goes back home for few month vacation then they only have few months left before the process starts again. It is not peaceful.
                                Yea exactly, i can imagine for a single man this may be alright but if you have a family it probably isnt great, and definately us woman we are nesters, and having that feeling of insecurity may give us some issues Allahu alam
                                Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Working...
                                X