Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving to a Muslim Majority Country for Religious freedom?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to a Muslim Majority Country for Religious freedom?

I'm just curious if any of y'all have considered it? If so where would you go and why?

If I was going to move for religious freedom I'd go to Indonesia or Malaysia (admittedly I've always dreamed of being an expat and I have had the travel bug in me since I was a preteen. Maybe someday Inshallah).

I would definitely move to a khaleej country. It would be my top choice. Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, etc.

Perhaps in that order.

I've considered Malaysia as well. Maybe a visit there is in order in sha Allah.

I would like to be in one of those countries within 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
      I would definitely move to a khaleej country. It would be my top choice. Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, etc.

Perhaps in that order.

Eh, Malaysia isn't so Islamic, IMO.

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

Perhaps in that order.

I was thinking Qatar, but it's sooooooo expensive there lol. That's why I'm thinking about Asia Inshallah. Indonesia is my top choice, but Malaysia is a close second because almost everyone speaks English and I'm a very slow language learner and I think Malaysia gives enough freedom so that I can follow Islam without being marginalized by the populace and enough Islamic law to keep me on track without ruling over my every movement with an iron fist. I was also thinking Morocco, but it's such a tourist destination nowadays, expats flock there by the plane full.
        Last edited by ELM; 19-04-19, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ELM View Post

I was thinking Qatar, but it's sooooooo expensive there lol. That's why I'm thinking about Asia Inshallah. Indonesia is my top choice, but Malaysia is a close second because almost everyone speaks English and I'm a very slow language learner and I think Malaysia gives enough freedom so that I can follow Islam without being marginalized by the populace and enough Islamic law to keep me on track without ruling over my every movement with an iron fist. I was also thinking Morocco, but it's such a tourist destination nowadays, expats flock there by the plane full.
          I think diversity is important when choosing a country to make a permanent or semi-permanent move to. The Khaleej and countries like Malaysia have that, and a person from another culture can fit in easily.

As for other countries, while they have their benefits (such as Morocco), they suffer from much corruption at the hands of the governments and the ignorance of their people. Unfortunately, living in America or the UK in some aspects is better than these countries (Egypt, Morocco, Pakistan - to name a few).

I have written a bit about hijrah and my travels abroad, maybe you or someone else can benefit from in sha Allah: https://hijrahfromthewest.wordpress.com/

Comment

I think diversity is important when choosing a country to make a permanent or semi-permanent move to. The Khaleej and countries like Malaysia have that, and a person from another culture can fit in easily.

As for other countries, while they have their benefits (such as Morocco), they suffer from much corruption at the hands of the governments and the ignorance of their people. Unfortunately, living in America or the UK in some aspects is better than these countries (Egypt, Morocco, Pakistan - to name a few).

I have written a bit about hijrah and my travels abroad, maybe you or someone else can benefit from in sha Allah: https://hijrahfromthewest.wordpress.com/
            I dont know about malaysia but in khaleej without a good job and people to sponsor you it will be hard to stay there for long

saudi wants to slowly get rid of expats so thats not a good option in the long run

Comment

I'd think egypt is one that would be good islamically as long as you stay out of politica but that counts for saudi as well anyway

i would mention mauritania, since i been told they impliment sharia, and doesnt brunei impliment sharia now too, that sounds good to me.
              Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Originally posted by Kaas View Post

I'd think egypt is one that would be good islamically as long as you stay out of politica but that counts for saudi as well anyway

i would mention mauritania, since i been told they impliment sharia, and doesnt brunei impliment sharia now too, that sounds good to me.
                Mauritania no
                brunei bits apparently
                not all

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

I dont know about malaysia but in khaleej without a good job and people to sponsor you it will be hard to stay there for long

saudi wants to slowly get rid of expats so thats not a good option in the long run
                  You can't stay in the khaleej without an employment sponsor. That, or you have to open a business or invest in property.

Comment

You can't stay in the khaleej without an employment sponsor. That, or you have to open a business or invest in property.
                    Then its not feasible for most

Comment

I guess it depends on where you live in Egypt. Living there like an average Egyptian and sharing/witnessing their social/political issues is fine if you're a student and single at that. That's cause the focus is seeking knowledge, not how you live. But for a permanent move with family, I wouldn't choose to live and work in Egypt. Some of the newer areas outside Cairo are nice and you feel like you're in the UAE or something, but I wouldn't choose it over any khaleej country.
                      Last edited by Abu Abdur_Rahman; 19-04-19, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Then its not feasible for most
                        It's getting more and more difficult. Nowadays you need to show that your college education was done to get into teaching, or you need to have an established career in teaching before the schools there will be willing to hire you.

Anyways, I discussed this issue in the blog.

Comment

I guess it depends on where you live in Egypt. Living there like an average Egyptian and sharing/witnessing their social/political issues is fine if you're a student and single at that. That's cause the focus is seeking knowledge, not how you live. But for a permanent move with family, I wouldn't choose to live and work in Egypt. Some of the newer areas outside Cairo are nice and you feel like you're in the UAE or something, but I wouldn't choose it over any khaleej country.
                          But with family, I'd expect saudi to be a bad idea since youre never really certain of your job, just a couple days ago my husband told me his friend lost his job for no good reason so he'll have to come back to UK and maybe reapply if he wants to, is that a hasstle you want to go through if you have a wife and kids? I dont think that happens in egypt like that but idk tbh

Comment

Mauritania no
                            brunei bits apparently
                            not all
                            Why not mauritania, i hear they kill everyone who insults the prophet and gays too

Comment

Why not mauritania, i hear they kill everyone who insults the prophet and gays too
                              That doesnt mean they implement the entire sharia

Comment

Working...
                              X