A trip to England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A trip to England

Hope you all are in highest state of imaan and best of health, ameen.

I would like to ask about a family vacation we'll take to England in summer, inshaa'Allah, and since none of us never been there before I thought I'd ask here for advice and recommendations. We're going to be 4 adults and one child of 10 years age.

We will travel to Sheffield and stay there for 3 days because my sister has a course to attend there. After that we want to visit another place for 3 days. We were thinking perhaps Manchester or London. But what are your recommendations? Anyone who knows about Sheffield and can come with comments about how it is there? Places we can eat halal food and be comfortable around? Places where a child will have fun to visit? Also where is it best to stay? We basically have no idea about anything.

JazakumAllahu khairan :)

/Ukht S.
    Last edited by Ukhti S.; 31-03-19, 09:30 AM.
    Allah is my Support, the Qur'an and Sunnah is my Guide and Paradise is my Goal!

You are the servant, He is the Master.
    Prayers come from you, answers come from Him.
    Abstinence comes from you, protection comes from Him.
    Repentance comes from you, acceptance comes from Him.
    Go towards him walking, He will come to you running.

I don't travel up north but I am sure Sheffield has a large Muslim community, probably loads of Pakistanis.
    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

neelu knows Sheffield,

I would recommend Leeds,

Although I have never been there,

Comment

I don't really know Sheffield, I visited Sheffield a couple of times over 20 years ago. If you like big shopping malls then Meadowhall is quite popular over there and you can get a tram that goes there from the main city. I wonder if halal bookings are worth a look?

I heard years ago that someone set up a hotel in North London that has more of an Islamic ethos with prayer areas and halal food, but I can't remember what the place is called. I'm hoping someone else on here might know. There's loads of halal places to eat out in Manchester especially on Wilmslow Road (I went there years ago, I presume it's still the place to go unless the situation has changed since then). There are several halal restaurants in London as well but some are probably expensive and depends on where in London you're going cos its a huge city. In East London, Maeda Grill is good and is close to East London mosque. In West London Giftos Lahore Karahi in Southall is good. In central London there are a lot of halal restaurants (mostly middle eastern food) on Edgware Road but I wouldn't know which specific one to recommend. Actually, I'd recommend Charcoal Grill in Kilburn; delicious Turkish food.

London has tons of tourist attractions as you probably know, but I'm not sure how much that would interest young children. If you want to see the sites in one day but don't want to tire yourself with too much walking or navigating around various locations, then perhaps a bus tour or (if the weather is good) a boat trip might work for you so that you can see the main sites in one go and take pictures and so on.
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

uuggghh
          i dont recommend any1 to come

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
            I don't really know Sheffield, I visited Sheffield a couple of times over 20 years ago. If you like big shopping malls then Meadowhall is quite popular over there and you can get a tram that goes there from the main city. I wonder if halal bookings are worth a look?

I heard years ago that someone set up a hotel in North London that has more of an Islamic ethos with prayer areas and halal food, but I can't remember what the place is called. I'm hoping someone else on here might know. There's loads of halal places to eat out in Manchester especially on Wilmslow Road (I went there years ago, I presume it's still the place to go unless the situation has changed since then). There are several halal restaurants in London as well but some are probably expensive and depends on where in London you're going cos its a huge city. In East London, Maeda Grill is good and is close to East London mosque. In West London Giftos Lahore Karahi in Southall is good. In central London there are a lot of halal restaurants (mostly middle eastern food) on Edgware Road but I wouldn't know which specific one to recommend. Actually, I'd recommend Charcoal Grill in Kilburn; delicious Turkish food.

London has tons of tourist attractions as you probably know, but I'm not sure how much that would interest young children. If you want to see the sites in one day but don't want to tire yourself with too much walking or navigating around various locations, then perhaps a bus tour or (if the weather is good) a boat trip might work for you so that you can see the main sites in one go and take pictures and so on.

Jazakillah khairan for your input, sister, I really appreciate it. It is really helpful! I will look into that booking site, inshaa'Allah. Honestly, I don't know how my sister is thinking we do all these activities, because both my parents are of old age (mid-50's) and they can't walk much, it'll be mostly me, my sister, and my little brother who'll be actively going around. I'll think about the boat trip/bus tour and search for some information online, it seems like a good idea too. Do you perhaps know if the tourist attractions are far from each other? Like Big Ben and London Eye? That hotel sounds very interesting, mashaa'Allah, I'll look into that as well.

Another question we're wondering; is it better to rent a car to go around or is it better to commute?
            Allah is my Support, the Qur'an and Sunnah is my Guide and Paradise is my Goal!

You are the servant, He is the Master.
            Prayers come from you, answers come from Him.
            Abstinence comes from you, protection comes from Him.
            Repentance comes from you, acceptance comes from Him.
            Go towards him walking, He will come to you running.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post

the north london thing
              do you mean azizia in stoke newington turkish

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

the north london thing
                do you mean azizia in stoke newington turkish
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                  uuggghh
                  i dont recommend any1 to come
                  Why is that?

Comment

I recommend Bradfordstan or the Islamic State of Birmingham - you'll feel right at home there - plenty of Pakistanis there... Seriously though if ur gonna go visit the UK visit some nice places. London, Manchester, Cambridge
                    Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

i'would recommend Pakistan especially northen areas of Pakistan, you'll love them

Comment

thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                        X