How important are honeymoons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newhere
    started a topic How important are honeymoons?

How important are honeymoons?

Are honeymoons really that important? Would you recommend a honeymoon to a newlywed couple? why and why not. I'd love to here your answers.

• Bayna3
    replied
    I don't see the harm in it, if your newly wed for the first time you hardly want your families constantly visiting you when your trying to get to know your spouse better, I believe it would be good for some quality time to get away for 2-3 weeks

Leave a comment:

• Farah. A
    replied
    If you are financialy able to go on a honeymoon, i would recommened you to go. It's better than putting a great amount of money in big weddings for people while you can save that money to travel together

Leave a comment:

• Kaas
    replied
    Originally posted by Northener View Post
    It`s very important to me
    So what will you do if it doesnt happen

Leave a comment:

• Northener
    replied
    It`s very important to me

Leave a comment:

• asim012
    replied
    at somehow its good for relationship

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied
    Why is it called a honeymoon?

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied
    Originally posted by Palpay View Post
    its a holiday and you're with your spouse, whats not to like??
    The problem is not the fact that its a random holiday
    ​​​​​​
    The problem is Muslims copying the kuffar and going on honeymoons,

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied
    Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

But I want to feel special.
    Lol,

جزاك الله خيرا

Leave a comment:

• Palpay
    replied
    its a holiday and you're with your spouse, whats not to like??

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

thats easier said then done and not possible for evergone in this day and age rent or buy
    so the cheaper option is to stay with family

and please dont say dont get married till u can afford your own place

yes its the womens right but if 2 people are ok with the idea of living with family then thats up to them as long as they stick by the sharia

its better then not being married in terms of halal and haram
    You can rent - I would not recommend buying.

Yes, if the wife agrees to live with family, but I am just saying that a lot of the marriage problems you hear of are due to in-laws. Personally, I would hate to live with family married and all.
    Last edited by Morose; 25-02-19, 10:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by Morose View Post

Honeymoons are stupid.

I can see the use in getting to know one another, but newly-weds will not have kids and if they are living with in-laws, then the husband is really at fault here. Hence, buy a house before you marry and that is alone time taken care of.
    thats easier said then done and not possible for evergone in this day and age rent or buy
    so the cheaper option is to stay with family

and please dont say dont get married till u can afford your own place

yes its the womens right but if 2 people are ok with the idea of living with family then thats up to them as long as they stick by the sharia

its better then not being married in terms of halal and haram

Leave a comment:

• Morose
    replied
    Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    With regard to what is called the “honeymoon”, it is even worse and more reprehensible, because it is an imitation of the non-Muslims and it is a great waste of money. It also leads to neglect of many religious matters, especially if this time is spent in a non-Muslim country, after which they come back with habits and customs that are harmful to them and to their society. These are matters which are dangerous to the ummah. But if the man were to travel with his wife to do ‘Umrah or to visit Madinah, there is nothing wrong with that, in sha Allah.

End quote from Fataawa Islamiyyah, 3/176

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) on Honeymoons.
    Honeymoons are stupid.

I can see the use in getting to know one another, but newly-weds will not have kids and if they are living with in-laws, then the husband is really at fault here. Hence, buy a house before you marry and that is alone time taken care of.

Leave a comment:

• Travolta709
    replied
    Want to go to honeymoon with my wife (married 5 years), can you advice something interesting ideas how to do it, thanks

Leave a comment:

• Umm Hamasa
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

yes i know u didnt but i added the pious women because some people will think a pious women is someone who asks for very little where as someone who doesnt is not pious(not you but others)

yes these hadith and statements by ulama are good and authentic ok but they say not to exaggerate
    what is affordable
    what is easiest

im just trying to make it clear that this does not necessarily mean cheapest

ie if a person who earns 20k a year wants to get married a women could ask for 2k mahr

now if she asks him for 10k shes making it hard exaggerating not affordable

if for example the person earns 100k and the woman asks for 10k for this man it might be affordable easy not an issue at all

do you get where im coming from
    and i havent taken anything from other than quran or sunnah

these ahadith show it can be interpreted in different ways

p.s the mother of believers wived mahr was not cheap or low it was considered quite a good amount in that time
    I agree with your statement that the amount of money a woman asks for her mahr does not neccessarily reflect how pious she is. I also agree that the mahr of the wives of Prophet Muhammad alaihi salatu wa salaam were not cheap or expensive, but reasonable for the time.

My only point of disagreement is I believe the most blessed marriage is the one with the least expenses and the simplest. Even if you disagree with me there or interpret the hadith differently you will not be able to change my opinion because I will never disagree with the Messenger of Allah alaihi salatu wa salaam and that is what he stated in an authentic hadith with multiple chains of transmitters. The hadiths mentioned above show that even knowing a portion of the quran, a shield, or an iron ring can act as a mahr, because Islam is a religion of simplicity, not extravagance. But that does not mean if a woman asks for more than that she is a wicked woman nor does it mean that if she asks for less than that she is a righteous woman. Mahr like you stated is dependent upon the income of her husband and as long as it is reasonable and not excessive, there is no sin in that. :)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X