Clear All

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by Umm Hamasa View Post
    The most blessed marriage is the one with the least expenses
    actually in regards to the mahr
    it doesnt necessarily mean a pious women should ask for a really low mahr
    or a blessed marriage should have a low mahr

if that was the case then all the prophets صلي الله عليه وسلام wives would have really low mahr but they didnt

i think there are different interpretations to this hadith
    i recall one aalim saying in regards to this hadith and mahr

its when for example someone gives mahr and the girl asks for less than what was gonna be given

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied
    Originally posted by Kya View Post

One doesn't need to fly to fancy country for honeymoon. Honeymoon can be somewhere driving distance. Go to national park and spend time in nature. You can even go camping or glamping more appropriately cuz you want it bit fancy, but you save on flight and hotel cost. Its the time spent together that matters more than the flight & hotel. Not everything in life has to be OTT fancy
    But I want to feel special.

Leave a comment:

• Kya
    replied
    Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

Depends who is paying for the flights and hotel. If it's not me then I'm mad for it.
    One doesn't need to fly to fancy country for honeymoon. Honeymoon can be somewhere driving distance. Go to national park and spend time in nature. You can even go camping or glamping more appropriately cuz you want it bit fancy, but you save on flight and hotel cost. Its the time spent together that matters more than the flight & hotel. Not everything in life has to be OTT fancy

Leave a comment:

• Oakenshield
    replied
    Originally posted by Magic. View Post
    So you guys feel so comfortable to get to know your wife even intimately at your parents. Super-cringe.
    depends how thin the walls are i guess.

Leave a comment:

• Umm Hamasa
    replied
    Originally posted by Newhere View Post
    Are honeymoons really that important? Would you recommend a honeymoon to a newlywed couple? why and why not. I'd love to here your answers.
    The most blessed marriage is the one with the least expenses

Leave a comment:

• Magic.
    replied
    So you guys feel so comfortable to get to know your wife even intimately at your parents. Super-cringe.

Leave a comment:

• msmoorad
    replied
    salaams to all

if ur referring to the way in which the kuffaar do it, then not important at all...
    but for the newly married couple to initially have extra privacy before normal life resumes is advisable.
    about a week is sufficient.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
    jazakallah

Leave a comment:

• Plinchun
    replied
    It is very important to me, hence we keep it up every year. Will be going to our 5th honeymoon this year, inshallah :) As others mentioned, it doesn't have to be expensive & it doesn't have to be the day after wedding. I would suggest pushing it back a little bit so you can take care of post wedding action items & adjust to new life. But don't push it too far back as it is suppose to be a stress relief from all the wedding/new life related activity. Its a break away from all the task new couple have to do, whether its adjusting to new family or setting up a new home or writing Thank You notes. Even if you feel you have the most chilled out family and most relaxing wedding & nothing to do but Netflixandchill at home, it is still nice to have a break to do something new.

It is scientifically proven that our first experience of anything gets embedded in our memory much stronger than our day to day activity. When we think back to our friends and family, we don't remember the daily activity but we remember those one time/first time experience. Honeymoon is like that, couples experience their "first" in a new place & that experience forms stronger bond in their memory. Enough of those & you eventually become family. Hence having first baby is such a strong bonding experience too for parents. But before baby, Honeymooning/babymooning..and all the other types of mooning are great way of building memories
    Can't you just call it a holiday?

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• zi-zizou
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

i like going holidays
    who doesnt
    Depends who is paying for the flights and hotel. If it's not me then I'm mad for it.

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
    In how many of these honeymoons, the husband actually goes willingly rather than just to please his wife? Can I get some views by brothers on this?
    i like going holidays
    who doesnt

Leave a comment:

• notEVOLVED
    replied
    In how many of these honeymoons, the husband actually goes willingly rather than just to please his wife? Can I get some views by brothers on this?

Leave a comment:

• Cptn._.Mario
    replied
    It is very important to me, hence we keep it up every year. Will be going to our 5th honeymoon this year, inshallah :) As others mentioned, it doesn't have to be expensive & it doesn't have to be the day after wedding. I would suggest pushing it back a little bit so you can take care of post wedding action items & adjust to new life. But don't push it too far back as it is suppose to be a stress relief from all the wedding/new life related activity. Its a break away from all the task new couple have to do, whether its adjusting to new family or setting up a new home or writing Thank You notes. Even if you feel you have the most chilled out family and most relaxing wedding & nothing to do but Netflixandchill at home, it is still nice to have a break to do something new.

It is scientifically proven that our first experience of anything gets embedded in our memory much stronger than our day to day activity. When we think back to our friends and family, we don't remember the daily activity but we remember those one time/first time experience. Honeymoon is like that, couples experience their "first" in a new place & that experience forms stronger bond in their memory. Enough of those & you eventually become family. Hence having first baby is such a strong bonding experience too for parents. But before baby, Honeymooning/babymooning..and all the other types of mooning are great way of building memories
    What were the 4 places you went for honeymoon before?

Leave a comment:

• Newhere
    replied
    Good points mentioned slightly changed my view on honeymoons feeling like it is beneficial for newly weds. I kinda felt like it was just consumerism before

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

You can only have the one honeymoon with the same person, it's a fleeting moment thing. It does not get repeated. What you are describing is just a holiday. -_-

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X