How important are honeymoons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

They are behaving like non Muslims, why be surprised by this. Google the term honeymoon and what you describe is what you see. So much for the "if the western ideals go against Islam obviously Islam is followed".

This true face will come out after a month of two of living with each other anyway, you don't need a honeymoon to find this out. In any case most of these couples are a match for each other. They have not been duped. They are 90% westernised.

Truw fact wont even come out on a honymoon, everything is like a fairytale, you do nice things all the time, you packed your nicest clothes only etc, but when youre in a home setting you will see your woman is actually always in rags and doesnt do a thing around the house or whatever. If you really wanna get to know your wife, live with her before you travel with her

Comment

Honeymoon's for me is like spending time with your new wife (especially arranged marriage) to open up to eachother because when you are all alone you will open up,but some people do it for other reasons tbh no one cares.
      NO RACISM

Comment

It is very important to me, hence we keep it up every year. Will be going to our 5th honeymoon this year, inshallah :) As others mentioned, it doesn't have to be expensive & it doesn't have to be the day after wedding. I would suggest pushing it back a little bit so you can take care of post wedding action items & adjust to new life. But don't push it too far back as it is suppose to be a stress relief from all the wedding/new life related activity. Its a break away from all the task new couple have to do, whether its adjusting to new family or setting up a new home or writing Thank You notes. Even if you feel you have the most chilled out family and most relaxing wedding & nothing to do but Netflixandchill at home, it is still nice to have a break to do something new.

It is scientifically proven that our first experience of anything gets embedded in our memory much stronger than our day to day activity. When we think back to our friends and family, we don't remember the daily activity but we remember those one time/first time experience. Honeymoon is like that, couples experience their "first" in a new place & that experience forms stronger bond in their memory. Enough of those & you eventually become family. Hence having first baby is such a strong bonding experience too for parents. But before baby, Honeymooning/babymooning..and all the other types of mooning are great way of building memories

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
          It is very important to me, hence we keep it up every year. Will be going to our 5th honeymoon this year, inshallah :) As others mentioned, it doesn't have to be expensive & it doesn't have to be the day after wedding. I would suggest pushing it back a little bit so you can take care of post wedding action items & adjust to new life. But don't push it too far back as it is suppose to be a stress relief from all the wedding/new life related activity. Its a break away from all the task new couple have to do, whether its adjusting to new family or setting up a new home or writing Thank You notes. Even if you feel you have the most chilled out family and most relaxing wedding & nothing to do but Netflixandchill at home, it is still nice to have a break to do something new.

It is scientifically proven that our first experience of anything gets embedded in our memory much stronger than our day to day activity. When we think back to our friends and family, we don't remember the daily activity but we remember those one time/first time experience. Honeymoon is like that, couples experience their "first" in a new place & that experience forms stronger bond in their memory. Enough of those & you eventually become family. Hence having first baby is such a strong bonding experience too for parents. But before baby, Honeymooning/babymooning..and all the other types of mooning are great way of building memories
          You can only have the one honeymoon with the same person, it's a fleeting moment thing. It does not get repeated. What you are describing is just a holiday. -_-

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

You can only have the one honeymoon with the same person, it's a fleeting moment thing. It does not get repeated. What you are describing is just a holiday. -_-

Comment

Good points mentioned slightly changed my view on honeymoons feeling like it is beneficial for newly weds. I kinda felt like it was just consumerism before

Comment

What were the 4 places you went for honeymoon before?

Comment

In how many of these honeymoons, the husband actually goes willingly rather than just to please his wife? Can I get some views by brothers on this?

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
                    In how many of these honeymoons, the husband actually goes willingly rather than just to please his wife? Can I get some views by brothers on this?
                    i like going holidays
                    who doesnt

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

i like going holidays
                      who doesnt
                      Depends who is paying for the flights and hotel. If it's not me then I'm mad for it.

Comment

With regard to what is called the “honeymoon”, it is even worse and more reprehensible, because it is an imitation of the non-Muslims and it is a great waste of money. It also leads to neglect of many religious matters, especially if this time is spent in a non-Muslim country, after which they come back with habits and customs that are harmful to them and to their society. These are matters which are dangerous to the ummah. But if the man were to travel with his wife to do ‘Umrah or to visit Madinah, there is nothing wrong with that, in sha Allah.

End quote from Fataawa Islamiyyah, 3/176

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) on Honeymoons.
                        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Can't you just call it a holiday?

Comment

salaams to all

if ur referring to the way in which the kuffaar do it, then not important at all...
                            but for the newly married couple to initially have extra privacy before normal life resumes is advisable.
                            about a week is sufficient.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
                            jazakallah
                            Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
                            very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

So you guys feel so comfortable to get to know your wife even intimately at your parents. Super-cringe.
                              8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
                              2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
                              3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                              4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                              5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                              6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                              7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                              8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This id also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Originally posted by Newhere View Post
                                Are honeymoons really that important? Would you recommend a honeymoon to a newlywed couple? why and why not. I'd love to here your answers.
                                Assalamu Alaikum,

Honeymoon refers to a vacation for the newly wed couple. There is nothing haraam about this, as long as they do not engage in haraam activities during their travels and do not neglect what Allah made obligatory upon them. However, extravagance is not from Islam and the prophet alaihi salatu wa salaam said: “The most blessed marriage is the one with the least expenses.” [Bayhaqi] This pertains to the nikah, the mahr, and it can pertain to traveling expenditures spent right after the wedding as well... We should adopt simplicity in our lives without being stingy. If a honeymoon is taken, money or food should not be wasted in the least as this is a sin, and in order to achieve more barakah in the marriage how beautiful would it be for a newly wed couple during their travel to visit some orphanages and feed some poor families. By pleasing Allah from the start, Allah will protect the marriage. So to keep it short, If utilized in the right manner, it can be a means of barakah. If utilized incorrectly, it can wreak havoc on the marriage, bring upon the wrath of Allah and jeapordize your akhirah. But the concept of a honeymoon itself is not haram, although it is better not to call it that. Allahu alaam.

Comment

Working...
                                X