Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How important are honeymoons?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

    They are behaving like non Muslims, why be surprised by this. Google the term honeymoon and what you describe is what you see. So much for the "if the western ideals go against Islam obviously Islam is followed".

    This true face will come out after a month of two of living with each other anyway, you don't need a honeymoon to find this out. In any case most of these couples are a match for each other. They have not been duped. They are 90% westernised.


    Truw fact wont even come out on a honymoon, everything is like a fairytale, you do nice things all the time, you packed your nicest clothes only etc, but when youre in a home setting you will see your woman is actually always in rags and doesnt do a thing around the house or whatever. If you really wanna get to know your wife, live with her before you travel with her
    Please visit my Youtube cooking channel :lemo:

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

    Comment


    • #17
      Honeymoon's for me is like spending time with your new wife (especially arranged marriage) to open up to eachother because when you are all alone you will open up,but some people do it for other reasons tbh no one cares.
      NO RACISM

      Comment


      • #18
        It is very important to me, hence we keep it up every year. Will be going to our 5th honeymoon this year, inshallah :) As others mentioned, it doesn't have to be expensive & it doesn't have to be the day after wedding. I would suggest pushing it back a little bit so you can take care of post wedding action items & adjust to new life. But don't push it too far back as it is suppose to be a stress relief from all the wedding/new life related activity. Its a break away from all the task new couple have to do, whether its adjusting to new family or setting up a new home or writing Thank You notes. Even if you feel you have the most chilled out family and most relaxing wedding & nothing to do but Netflixandchill at home, it is still nice to have a break to do something new.

        It is scientifically proven that our first experience of anything gets embedded in our memory much stronger than our day to day activity. When we think back to our friends and family, we don't remember the daily activity but we remember those one time/first time experience. Honeymoon is like that, couples experience their "first" in a new place & that experience forms stronger bond in their memory. Enough of those & you eventually become family. Hence having first baby is such a strong bonding experience too for parents. But before baby, Honeymooning/babymooning..and all the other types of mooning are great way of building memories

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Kya View Post
          It is very important to me, hence we keep it up every year. Will be going to our 5th honeymoon this year, inshallah :) As others mentioned, it doesn't have to be expensive & it doesn't have to be the day after wedding. I would suggest pushing it back a little bit so you can take care of post wedding action items & adjust to new life. But don't push it too far back as it is suppose to be a stress relief from all the wedding/new life related activity. Its a break away from all the task new couple have to do, whether its adjusting to new family or setting up a new home or writing Thank You notes. Even if you feel you have the most chilled out family and most relaxing wedding & nothing to do but Netflixandchill at home, it is still nice to have a break to do something new.

          It is scientifically proven that our first experience of anything gets embedded in our memory much stronger than our day to day activity. When we think back to our friends and family, we don't remember the daily activity but we remember those one time/first time experience. Honeymoon is like that, couples experience their "first" in a new place & that experience forms stronger bond in their memory. Enough of those & you eventually become family. Hence having first baby is such a strong bonding experience too for parents. But before baby, Honeymooning/babymooning..and all the other types of mooning are great way of building memories
          You can only have the one honeymoon with the same person, it's a fleeting moment thing. It does not get repeated. What you are describing is just a holiday. -_-

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post

            You can only have the one honeymoon with the same person, it's a fleeting moment thing. It does not get repeated. What you are describing is just a holiday. -_-

            Comment


            • #21
              Good points mentioned slightly changed my view on honeymoons feeling like it is beneficial for newly weds. I kinda felt like it was just consumerism before

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Kya View Post
                It is very important to me, hence we keep it up every year. Will be going to our 5th honeymoon this year, inshallah :) As others mentioned, it doesn't have to be expensive & it doesn't have to be the day after wedding. I would suggest pushing it back a little bit so you can take care of post wedding action items & adjust to new life. But don't push it too far back as it is suppose to be a stress relief from all the wedding/new life related activity. Its a break away from all the task new couple have to do, whether its adjusting to new family or setting up a new home or writing Thank You notes. Even if you feel you have the most chilled out family and most relaxing wedding & nothing to do but Netflixandchill at home, it is still nice to have a break to do something new.

                It is scientifically proven that our first experience of anything gets embedded in our memory much stronger than our day to day activity. When we think back to our friends and family, we don't remember the daily activity but we remember those one time/first time experience. Honeymoon is like that, couples experience their "first" in a new place & that experience forms stronger bond in their memory. Enough of those & you eventually become family. Hence having first baby is such a strong bonding experience too for parents. But before baby, Honeymooning/babymooning..and all the other types of mooning are great way of building memories
                What were the 4 places you went for honeymoon before?

                Comment


                • #23
                  In how many of these honeymoons, the husband actually goes willingly rather than just to please his wife? Can I get some views by brothers on this?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
                    In how many of these honeymoons, the husband actually goes willingly rather than just to please his wife? Can I get some views by brothers on this?
                    i like going holidays
                    who doesnt

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

                      i like going holidays
                      who doesnt
                      Depends who is paying for the flights and hotel. If it's not me then I'm mad for it.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

                        "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

                        Imam al-Shafii (Rahimahullah)

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Kya View Post
                          It is very important to me, hence we keep it up every year. Will be going to our 5th honeymoon this year, inshallah :) As others mentioned, it doesn't have to be expensive & it doesn't have to be the day after wedding. I would suggest pushing it back a little bit so you can take care of post wedding action items & adjust to new life. But don't push it too far back as it is suppose to be a stress relief from all the wedding/new life related activity. Its a break away from all the task new couple have to do, whether its adjusting to new family or setting up a new home or writing Thank You notes. Even if you feel you have the most chilled out family and most relaxing wedding & nothing to do but Netflixandchill at home, it is still nice to have a break to do something new.

                          It is scientifically proven that our first experience of anything gets embedded in our memory much stronger than our day to day activity. When we think back to our friends and family, we don't remember the daily activity but we remember those one time/first time experience. Honeymoon is like that, couples experience their "first" in a new place & that experience forms stronger bond in their memory. Enough of those & you eventually become family. Hence having first baby is such a strong bonding experience too for parents. But before baby, Honeymooning/babymooning..and all the other types of mooning are great way of building memories
                          Can't you just call it a holiday?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            salaams to all

                            if ur referring to the way in which the kuffaar do it, then not important at all...
                            but for the newly married couple to initially have extra privacy before normal life resumes is advisable.
                            about a week is sufficient.


                            and Allah ta'ala knows best
                            jazakallah
                            Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
                            very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              So you guys feel so comfortable to get to know your wife even intimately at your parents. Super-cringe.
                              And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help

                              [an-Nahl 16:53].

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Newhere View Post
                                Are honeymoons really that important? Would you recommend a honeymoon to a newlywed couple? why and why not. I'd love to here your answers.
                                The most blessed marriage is the one with the least expenses

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X