No announcement yet.

Anyone been to Muslim Europe (Balkans?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been to Muslim Europe (Balkans?)

Salaam....

I was thinking of traveling to Spain for a mini holiday but im thinking halal food
    could be a problem there after a few days - the other option could be a short
    break in one of the small Muslim countries of south eastern europe.

Just wondering if anyone has ever traveled to Bosnia, Albania, Kosovo etc ?

note: money is not a big issue and i dont mind spending but i dont want to be too lavish
    or go for luxury places, i like to walk along cobbled streets and get a feel for the authentic places.

Please share your experiences/tips

Also interested but I'll say this many western European countries including spain have significant Muslim populations. Enough anyway that you can get halal places to eat. Thats what i saw in cordoba for example. Mainly people of Turkish or arab origins in these places if you like that cuisine.

I didn't see a shortage of Muslims when i visited Hamburg for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Sultan786 View Post
      Also interested but I'll say this many western European countries including spain have significant Muslim populations. Enough anyway that you can get halal places to eat. Thats what i saw in cordoba for example. Mainly people of Turkish or arab origins in these places if you like that cuisine.

I didn't see a shortage of Muslims when i visited Hamburg for example.
      not been to bosnia et al, but insha'Allah its somewhere i would love to go soon.
      been to dubrovnik and there is enough there for a short interesting city break - and about a dozen halal places to eat that we found...
      no shortage of halal in most spanish cities but you have to find it - easier in cordoba and granada then madrid or barcelona

Comment

Even in Barcelona, we found a Pakistani restaurant with decent food. It was on the main pedestrian street (La Rambla). Mind you, we ate at the same restaurant for the few days we were there. Some places advertised halal shwarmas etc but also served non halal items including pork, so we stayed away from there. Cordoba and Granada there was no issue finding halal places. Another option is to find out what the custom regulations are on bringing cooked food into the country. Some countries allow cooked meat to be brought in. I've cooked and frozen food in places where its sometimes hard to find halal food (Iceland). However, even there we found a few halal places (but very expensive!)

Comment

Originally posted by bkworm
          Even in Barcelona, we found a Pakistani restaurant with decent food. It was on the main pedestrian street (La Rambla). Mind you, we ate at the same restaurant for the few days we were there. Some places advertised halal shwarmas etc but also served non yhalal items including pork, so we stayed away from there. Cordoba and Granada there was no issue finding halal places. Another option is to find out what the custom regulations are on bringing cooked food into the country. Some countries allow cooked meat to be brought in. I've cooked and frozen food in places where its sometimes hard to find halal food (Iceland). However, even there we found a few halal places (but very expensive!)
          That's interesting about Iceland. Personally wouldn't travel with cooked or packaged food even if we could. Part of the interest/challenge is to find the local food/ experiment with differing cuisines but in halal options.... and if we fail there's always veggie vegan or fish options ... And wouldn't go near an Asian place if we can help it... Too much of that back home....

But each to their.own.... packaging food is an option for some... I have some cousins who go on business to China ... And they prepackage meals.to take.with them!

Comment

nop not yet travelled

Comment

What about montenegro or macedonia, i think those 2 are more touristic, im not sure though
              Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

Working...
              X