Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be Careful Who You Call A Kafir

Assalaam Alakium,

I got this from a message group I belong to and thought it was good.

Bismillahi ar-Rahmani ar-Raheem
    In the Name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful
    BE CAREFUL WHO YOU CALL A KAFIR

Prophet Muhammad (Salalaho alehe wasalam) said : If a person says to his brother, O KAFIR (disbeliever) ! Then surely one of them is such. (i.e; Kafir) (Sahih Bukhari Volume 8 Book 73 Number 125)

Prophet Muhammad (Salalaho alehe wasalam) said : Any person who calls his brother: O Unbeliever! (then the truth of this label) would return to one of them. If it is true, (then it is) as he asserted, (but if it is not true), then it returns to him (and thus the person who made the accusation is an Unbeliever). [Sahih Muslim Book 001, Number 0117:]

Prophet Muhammad (Salalaho alehe wasalam) has warned us that if a person calls another KAFIR and the person called that is not one, then the individual who made the accusation is a KAFIR. And he/she has to perform TAJDEED-E-IMAAN and TAJDEED-E-NIKAH (if married)

Therefore, if you call other Muslims "kafir" or "mushrik" without discrimination, you could find that you have left Islam, according to the words of the Prophet (s.a.w.), in less than a second.

Be careful who you call Kafir because only Allah knows who is truly a rejector and who is merely a misguided person. It is not up to us to "sentence" a person to the Hellfire.

Imaan is our actual wealth. So we must be very careful while talking.

Waste no time in debating what a good Muslim should be. Be one!

May Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'la) save all of us from uttering KUFRIA KALMAT. (Allahuma Ameen)

Salaam,
    SisterKhadija

Re: Be Careful Who You Call A Kafir

wa alaykum assalam

I wish people would listen.

There is a difference between saying that a person has done an "act" of kufr or shirk and between saying that one is "kafir" or "mushrik".

there are conditions attached to declaring one as being kafir or mushrik.
    And scholars are ones who declare one a kafir or mushrik not laymen.

Some people think it is so simple to say "you are kafir" or "so and so are kuffar"... that is a major serious thing. It is not that simple, one does not become kafir just by doing an act of kufr, there are details behind that, that is why scholars are the ones who declare one to be kafir not laymen.
    If laymen were allowed that, I think you would find the majority of Muslims declared as kuffar.

We seek refuge to Allah from such an act.
    For Fatwas: Islam Q&A

Comment

Originally posted by Um Abdullah
      wa alaykum assalam

I wish people would listen.

There is a difference between saying that a person has done an "act" of kufr or shirk and between saying that one is "kafir" or "mushrik".

there are conditions attached to declaring one as being kafir or mushrik.
      And scholars are ones who declare one a kafir or mushrik not laymen.

Some people think it is so simple to say "you are kafir" or "so and so are kuffar"... that is a major serious thing. It is not that simple, one does not become kafir just by doing an act of kufr, there are details behind that, that is why scholars are the ones who declare one to be kafir not laymen.
      If laymen were allowed that, I think you would find the majority of Muslims declared as kuffar.

We seek refuge to Allah from such an act.
      Amen, that was writing nicely. It just bugs me when people post here and call others Kafir. Islam taught us more respect than that.

Salaam,
      SisterKhaidja

Comment

:jkk: sisters for the time to post and write that :up:

Comment

people just don't know how strong the word "Kaffir" is.

Comment

Judging from the way (saw) was written down in the unabridged form and the mention of the word 'kalima', this sounds like it came from a desi web-site.

Note: Many of these 'don't commit takfir' web-sites originate from groups that defend or ARE of the Ahmadiyyah movement, most of whom are Desi.

Comment

Originally posted by sisterKhadija
              Assalaam Alakium,
              Alaikum al-salam

Prophet Muhammad (Salalaho alehe wasalam) said : If a person says to his brother, O KAFIR (disbeliever) ! Then surely one of them is such. (i.e; Kafir) (Sahih Bukhari Volume 8 Book 73 Number 125)

Prophet Muhammad (Salalaho alehe wasalam) said : Any person who calls his brother: O Unbeliever! (then the truth of this label) would return to one of them. If it is true, (then it is) as he asserted, (but if it is not true), then it returns to him (and thus the person who made the accusation is an Unbeliever). [Sahih Muslim Book 001, Number 0117:]
              These 2 sahih hadiths show that uptomest restraint in calling someone Kaffir. Just cos someone does an act of kuffr that does not mean that person is a kaffir.

However, that does not mean we don't make takfir on those who deserve it, becuase "whomesove doesn't make takfir on a kaffir then he is a kaffir". So if u say a christian is a muslim than u have gone outside what is in the quran and sunnah, so u have claimed that Allah has lied so u become a kaffir.

Look at what shaikh ibn uthaymeen said about takfir:

Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen was asked, “The conditions for the judgement of takfir of a Muslim? And the judgement upon the one who did any action that is mukaffir (i.e. expels from the religion) but only in jest (not seriously)?”
              The Shaykh replied by saying, “For the judgement of the takfir of a Muslim, there are two conditions: The first, that the evidence that this matter is something that expels from the religion is established. The second, the application of the ruling upon the one who does that, in that he has knowledge of it and that he intends it (aaliman bidhaalik qaasidan lahu).
              Thus, if he is ignorant, he does not become a disbeliever, due to His saying, “And whoever contends with the Messenger after the guidance has been made clear to him, and he follows a path other than the path of the believers, We shall leave him in the path he has chosen and land him in Jahannam, an evil refuge” (4:115) and His saying, “And Allaah is not one to misguide a people after He has guided them, until He explains to them that which they should avoid…” (9:115), and His saying, “And We never punish until we have sent a Messenger.” (17.15).
              However, when this person is neglectful in abandoning learning and attaining clarity, he is not to be excused. Such as when it reaches him that this action of his is kufr, and then he does not verify it (that it is as such), and nor does he investigate, then in this situation, he is not to be excused.
              And if he did not intend (ghayr qaasid) the action (i.e. wilfully, knowingly, deliberately), then he does not become a disbeliever. He does not become a disbeliever. Such as for example, when he is compelled to kufr while his heart is secure with Imaan, such as when his thinking becomes confused, so he does not know what he is saying, due to extreme joy and what is like that. Or such as the man with the camel who lost it, then he sat under the tree, waiting for death, and then he finds it tied to the tree, and so he takes it, then he said, “O Allaah, you are my servant and I am your lord”, so he erred due to extreme joy. However, the one who did something that expels from the religion, only in jest (maazihan), then he becomes a disbeliever, because he intended that [action or statement] (qasada dhaalik), as has been textually stated by the people of knowledge.” (Majmoo al-Fataawaa, 2/125-126).

The scholors of Islam have placed 10 nullifiers of Islam. They are:

1. Polytheism of worship.

2. He who does not believe that the polytheists are disbelievers, or doubts their infidelity or holds their belief to be valid.

3. He who sets up intermediaries between one's self and Allah, supplicating them, trusting them and asking them to intercede on his behalf.

4. He who believes that the guidance of others is more perfect than the Prophet.

5. He who hates anything that the Prophet was sent with.

6. He who denies the religion of the Prophet or ridicules its reward or punishment.

7. Sorcery.

8. Supporting the polytheists against the Muslims.

9. He who believes that some people are exempted from abiding by the Shari`ah as Khidr was exempted by the laws of Musa.

10. Turning away from the religion of Allah by neither learning nor applying it.

Prophet Muhammad (Salalaho alehe wasalam) has warned us that if a person calls another KAFIR and the person called that is not one, then the individual who made the accusation is a KAFIR. And he/she has to perform TAJDEED-E-IMAAN and TAJDEED-E-NIKAH (if married)
              There are differences in opinion amongst the scholors here. If we take for example the ultimate takfiris the khawarij who said everyone except themselves are kuffar including Sayednah Ali, Muwayah, and Uthman. Now they made takfir and sayednah Ali fought them BUT he never declared them as kuffar. And proof for that is when he fought them he did not take their children and women as booty which he would have done if they were kuffar. However, there are some scholors who say kawarij are kuffar.

Why did Sayednah Ali say Khawarij are not kuffar? Didn't he know about hadith? The answer to that is that khawarij were misinterpreting the quran and they only made takfir to get closer to Allah even though they were wrong.

Sufis are another example of people who do shirk, yet the scholors do not make takfir on the average sufi cos they are misinterpreting quran and hadith. This issue is way beyond the scope of this thread.

Also there is different degrees of kufr: There is kufr duna Kufr (lesser kufr) and major kufr.

Therefore, if you call other Muslims "kafir" or "mushrik" without discrimination, you could find that you have left Islam, according to the words of the Prophet (s.a.w.), in less than a second.
              Doing takfir without discrimination is a sign of khawarij. however most people who do takfir don;t do it without discrimination but becuase they weighted that person's action or group according to the sunnah or their interpretion of sunnah (with correctly or incorrectly) and found him to be a kaffir.

To insure the interpretation is correct one MUST consult or divulge in the statements of the scholors.

Sometimes a whole group like shia ithna asharyah is labelled as kuffar. That is making takfir on them as a group and not as individuals. The ideology and actions of that group is kufr and the majority of the people in that group is kuffar but u still can't say they are 100% kuffar.

Be careful who you call Kafir because only Allah knows who is truly a rejector and who is merely a misguided person. It is not up to us to "sentence" a person to the Hellfire.
              Allah knows who is truly a kaffir but we have to deal with that person and judge him according to his actions and announced beliefs. If he says for example I worship the sun he is a kaffir u can call him that. That is disbelief in his ideology.

If he goes and worships an Idol but still says LA illaha ila Allah, that that is disbelif in actions.

Both disbelif in actions and ideology is major kufr that takes one out of Islam.

Imaan is our actual wealth. So we must be very careful while talking.
              correct.
              Last edited by Al-muthanaa; 27-07-06, 01:25 AM.

Comment

.لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak
                  i would like to add

becareful you are not acting nor speaking like a kafir
                  Didn't understand ur statement
                  ?
                  For Fatwas: Islam Q&A

Comment

asalamu alaikum

Good advice for takfeeris who make takfeer of anything that moves :D

Comment

Or, to idiots like faqeer who insult Ibn Taymiyah rahimnallah and call Salafis khawarij.

Comment

[3:55] Thus, GOD said, "O Jesus, I am terminating your life, raising you to Me, and ridding you of the disbelievers. I will exalt those who follow you above those who disbelieve, till the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is the ultimate destiny of all of you, then I will judge among you regarding your disputes.

[22:17] Those who believe, those who are Jewish, the converts, the Christians, the Zoroastrians, and the idol worshipers, GOD is the One who will judge among them on the Day of Resurrection. GOD witnesses all things.

[6:62] Then everyone is returned to GOD, their rightful Lord and Master. Absolutely, He is the ultimate judge; He is the most accurate reckoner.

[34:26] Say, "Our Lord will gather us all together before Him, then He will judge between us equitably. He is the Judge, the Omniscient."
                        [b][COLOR="green"]"Our Lord is not America! Our Lord is not Britain, our Lord is not Israel, our Lord is Allah. Hence, why should we be afraid? Why should we grieve? They are not worthy of our fear. With what do they threaten us?"[/COLOR]-Imam Khomeini[/B]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X