This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True meaning of Kafir

Kafir is not simply a non muslim....Kafir is one that COVERS up the truth!!

Classical arabic language that is what a kafir is.....If some one doesnt know the truth then how can they cover it up?!Being simple not muslim does not make one a kafir...What would make one a kaffir is they learn about Islam recognize it is the truth and in insolence turn away from Islam

a good example of a kafir from the Quran would be pharoh...HE had seen all the signs manifest right before his eyes...He knew Allah was the only God and he covered the truth up because of his arrogance...This is why when he was drowning he said he believed in the God of Moses...So all the time he had been covering up the truth....:)
    Please Re-update your Signature

Re: True meaning of Kafir

:hidban: Bump it like its hot:hidban:

Comment

Thanks for explaining this. I mistakenly thought I was Kafir believing it to mean 'non-muslim'.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
        Thanks for explaining this. I mistakenly thought I was Kafir believing it to mean 'non-muslim'.
        You are one.

Comment

kaafir does not mean the one who covers up the truth....

in classical arabic the word is from kafara ie K F R which means to deny or to reject

a kaafir is one who denys or one who rejects... so they deny allah (swT) or deny islam or deny the prophet (SaW)...

the ulema have said it is enough that they head there was a prophet (saw) and his name was muhammed and he had a book... that is enough for them to be accountable and be kaafir...
          And Allāh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zālimūn

There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

No it not

Kafir like i said is one that covers up the truth............
            They recognize Islam as the truth and cover it up out of arrogance or whatever reason.............

If some one doesnt even know of Islam how could they be a kaffir...U cant cover up truth u dont know

Comment

Originally posted by Raqin
              No it not

Kafir like i said is one that covers up the truth............
              They recognize Islam as the truth and cover it up out of arrogance or whatever reason.............

If some one doesnt even know of Islam how could they be a kaffir...U cant cover up truth u dont know
              boy do u know arabic at all...

taruf al lughatal araby?

ive got like an arabic book next to me... classical arabic... in which is giving definition for kafara means to deny or reject... man u got one...

college boy
              And Allāh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zālimūn

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Irhaab
                boy do u know arabic at all...

taruf al lughatal araby?

ive got like an arabic book next to me... classical arabic... in which is giving definition for kafara means to deny or reject... man u got one...

college boy
                looool.....why are u always so rude.....

Comment

So am I Kafir or what?

Comment

cus i dont like it when people make things up about islam and they dont know ...

Originally posted by Andy
                    So am I Kafir or what?
                    yes you are if your not muslim

Comment

well no im not making it up!!This is what most scholars say....most recently Yusif Estes has said this.........U know more than scholars now

All non muslims are not neccisarily Kafirs;)

Comment

This topic was addressed sometime ago in the CR forum: here

Comment

salam

that's the sunna of a terrorist.

Comment

salam,

here is a du'a from the ahadith i think and the words are also contained in the qur'an just after ayat al-kursi:

aamantu billahi l'azimi
                            wa KAFARTU biljibti wattaaghuut
                            wastamsaktu bil'urwatil-wuthqa
                            la-nfiSaama lahaa
                            wallahu sami'un 'alim

here KAFARTU does not mean covering up the truth, but simply disbelieving.....in what is opposite of tawhid.

but you are right, the word KFR is associated with covering up.

even the english word COVER resembles it - especially when u spell it in arabic!

and a kafir by definition is a non-muslim, but the debate is whether all kuffar go to hell, because most really do not know anything about islam and when they do hear of it, it's connected to terror, suicide and murder.

i'm no muhaddith, but i remember reading a hadith about allah on the day of rising testing those who never knew anything about islam - he orders them to go to hell - those who obey are saved, those who refuse are dragged into hell.

i'm not going to bother arguing with any joe blog here about how weak or strong this hadith is, because that is well beyond any joe blog that visits this forum (starting with myself).

calling someone a kafir is a serious matter and should be avoided.
                            there is an etiquette(adab) of using this word, kafir, and it seems many muslims on this forum lack this etiquette.

and it goes without saying, that whoever is rude to ppl is far far away from the way(sunnah) of the prophet muhammad [peace] and only displays his ignorance and hypocrisy.

wslm / peace

ibrahim
                            Last edited by Buadam; 15-02-06, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin's-Finest
                              This topic was addressed sometime ago in the CR forum: here
                              u'll see a link to this topic discussed previously. This thread is now closed.
                              Accept the changes in your life and they will accept you too

Comment

Working...
                              X