Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Reflection: Love for the companions of the Prophet (saws)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Reflection: Love for the companions of the Prophet (saws)

:salams
    I feel we all need to know the emphasis that our Rasool :saw: placed on the status of his companions (May Allah be pleased with them)

This is not a copy and Paste Job it took me quite a while to type this out so Insha'Allah first and foremost may I take heed from this and then the rest of my brothers and sisters. Insha'Allah it'll be of benefit.

The prophets companions are those muslims who enjoyed tha company of Rasoolullah (saw) or saw him. The Quran has emphasised a fact about them: GOD IS WELL PLEASED WITH THEM, AND THEY ARE PLEASED WITH HIM,SUCH IS THE REWARD FOR THOSE WHO REVERENCE THIER LORD. (98:8)

The Quran also affirms:

ALLAH WAS PLEASED WITH THE BELIEVERS WHEN THEY GAVE ALLIGEANCE TO YOR FROM UNDER THE TREE... (48:8)

It has been reported that Allah's Messenger (saw) said: "The best of Humankind are those in my century,then those that follow them"
    Bukhari and Muslim

Insulting first and foremost the Prophets Family and Companions (Raa) is considered a Major sin in Islam which deserves Allah's Punishment. It has been reported that Allah's Messenger (saw) said: " Do not revile my companions for, by the one in whose hands is my soul, if you were to spend in charity a mountain of gold similar to mount Uhud it would not be equal to a handful or a half a handful (or what they have done)" (Al-Jami)

We have been instructed by Allah to love and supplicate for the believers (early muslims) who came before us. Above all we are directed to pray for the purification of our hearts of any tendency to ridicule the work or virtues of the believers or to feel any jealousy on account of thier successors. This is indicated in Allah's word:

THOSE WHO BECAME BELIEVERS AFTER THEM SAY "OUR LORD FORGIVE US ABD OUR BRETHEREN WHO PRECEDED US TO THE FAITH AND KEEP OUR HEARTS FROM HARBOURING ANY HATRED TOWARDS THOSE WHO BELIEVED. OUR LORD YOU ARE MOST COMPASSIONATE MOST MERCIFUL (59:10)

We also have been directed to remove from our hearts any sense of injury towards the companions of the Prophet (saw) We should always remember thier virtues and merits. In his last sermon Allah's Messenger :saw: said: "None has been a better companion to me than Abu Bakr (ra)" It has also been reported by Abu Hurarairah (ra) that Allah's Messenger (saw) said: "Among the nation of Bani Isreal who lived before you, there were men who used to be inspired with guidance though they were not prophets and if there is any of such persons amongst my followers it is Umar (ra)" (Al- Bukhari)

When Othman (ra) left Makkah to Abyssinia escaping persecution, Allah's Messenger :saw: said: "May Allah be the guardian of the couple! After Lot (AS), Othman is the first man who with his wife has given up the comfort of his home for Allah's cause"

Ali (ra) grew up under the loving care of the Prophet (saw). This gave him deep insight into the realities of life and faith. Allah's Messenger :saw: once said of him, "I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate"

Love of the Prophets Companions is a sign of faith and hating them is a sign of Hypocrisy. Al Bara' Ibn Azib (ra) reported that the Prophet (saw) said "None Loves Al-Ansar but a believer and none hates them but a hypocrite so Allah will love him who loves them and he will hate him who hates them" (Al Bukhari)

Part of respecting and obeying the Prophet :saw: consists in respecting his Companions (raa) obeying them, recognising what is due to them, following them and praising them, asking forgiveness for them, refraining from discussing thier differences.

Showing enmity to those who are hostile towards towards them and shunning the misguidance of the innovators and the report of any historians or ignorant transmitters who detract from any of them. If there is something equivocal which is reported about them regarding to the trials that took place between them, then adopt the best intepretation and look for the most correct way out of it since that is what they deserve.

None of them should be mentioned in a bad manner nor are they to be blamed for anything. Rather, we should mention thier good deeds, thier virtues and thier praiseworthy lives and are silent about anything else. It has been reported that Allah's Messenger (saw) "When my companions are mentioned hold back" (Al-Tirmidhi)

Ibn Abbas (ra) said "I exhort you to fear Allah, to stay away from astrology because it is inviation to foretelling, to beware of mentioning any of the companions of Allahs messenger (saw) except in good , otherwise Allah will throw you headlong into Jahannam for Allah has made the religion triumph through them"

Hudayfah (ra) reported that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said "Take for your leaders/guides those after me , Abu Bakr and Umar"

Abdullah Ibn Umar (ra) reported that Allah's Messenger (saw) said: " Whatever is brought to you from Allah's book,it is obligatory to practice it, there is no excuse leaving it , if it is not from Allah's book, then a Sunnah established by me, if it is not one of my Sunnahs, then what my Companions said; verily, my companions are equivalent to teh starts in the sky, whichever of them you pinpoint you will be guided and the differences among my companions is a mercy for you"

It has been reported that Allah's Messenger :saw: said "Allah, Allah! Fear him with regard to my companions! Do not make them targets after me! Whoever loves them loves them with his love for me; and whoever hates them with his hatred for me. Whoever bears enemity for them, bears enemity for me, bears enemity for Allah. Whoever bears enemity for Allah is about to perish"

The prophet :saw: also said "Anyone who curses my companions has the curse of Allah on him, and of the angels and of all the people. Allah will not accept any exchange nor compensation from him"

Jabir (ra) reported that Allah's Messenger :saw: said "Allah chose my companions over everything else in existence except the Prophets and Messengers. He chose four of them for me Abu Bakr, 'Umar, Uthman and Ali. He made them my best companions, and all of my companions are good"

Your attitude could send you to heaven your attitude could send you to hell

https://youtu.be/j3DSSQfuRVE

Re: Daily Reflection: Love for the companions of the Prophet (saws)

I think the no. of tags allowed should be increased. I could only use 9 of these :saw:

Comment

:jkk: :up: very important.

Comment

subhnallah how we are so careless of this important issue.
        we see many people including on this forum, so disrespectful of this issue which can cause major sin!!!

inshallah lets be careful what we say about them: certain members who know who they are.
        Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvM7L5Wm7q0

‎"If she's not on the deen, she's not fit to be your queen. If he hasn't got imaan, he's not fit to be your man."

Comment

Dont worry Akhi, the ones that slander Rasoolullah :saw: companions they will get whats coming to em, either in this world or the next, no doubt.

Comment

There is also a saying of the prophet(saws) that my companions are like shining stars......whoever follows them will reach their destination. Correct me if im wrong.
            Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by SoulAsylum
              There is also a saying of the prophet(saws) that my companions are like shining stars......whoever follows them will reach their destination. Correct me if im wrong.
              Not all of them were. We don't know their inner intentions, it is for Allah to judge.

We follow the Quran and the Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianPaladin
                Not all of them were. We don't know their inner intentions, it is for Allah to judge.

What the hell is your problem?????????????

How dare you speak of men who are promised Jennah when you are not!? La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa Billah Ali Yil Atheem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Ya Ayuhan Nassu Itakullahu In Kuntum Mu'mineen

Comment

Originally posted by SoulAsylum
                  "My companions are like stars, whichever of them you use as a guide, you will be rightly guided" yeh thas tha one :)

Comment

It is SUNNAH to obey the companions of Rasoolullah :saw:

Comment

Originally posted by MalikOne
                      "My companions are like stars, whichever of them you use as a guide, you will be rightly guided" yeh thas tha one :)
                      Thanks bruv :)

Comment

Baraka Lahu Feeq Malik for the Thread, May Allah Reward you......ameen
                        Ya Ayuhan Nassu Itakullahu In Kuntum Mu'mineen

Comment

Whoever curses the companions R.A may they take a decleration of war from us.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikOne
                            It is SUNNAH to obey the companions of Rasoolullah :saw:
                            I follow no man, except for Allah and the Prophet (SAW).

Comment

I follow no man, except for Allah and the Prophet (SAW).
                              Following meaning obeying the orders of Rasoolullah :saw: and Rasoolullah :saw: has told us to look towards his companions as examples...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X