X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unified Response To Proposed Antiterrorism Measures

In the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate

A MUSLIM COMMUNITY RESPONSE TO SOME OF THE PROPOSED ANTITERRORISM MEASURES

As members of the Muslim community the undersigned individuals and organisations feel the need to communicate our view regarding some of the recently proposed antiterrorism
    measures in the aftermath of the London bombings, and address statements made by the Prime Minister in the past few weeks. The British Muslim community has always been a law-abiding community and all its endeavours to create a more just society have been entirely peaceful. We fear that recent events are being exploited by some sections in society to demonise legitimate Islamic values and beliefs and hence consider it appropriate to make the following observations:
    This list of concerns is not conclusive, but we are putting these issues forward to help prevent a knee-jerk reaction to recent events which would drive a rift between communities in the UK and set the course of British politics onto the slippery slope of intellectual censorship and totalitarianism.

Signed:
    Please Re-update your Signature

A unified response? And tell who exactly is going to listen?
    ربِ إشرح لي صدري ويسر لي أمري

Comment

The British Muslim community has always been a law-abiding community
      That is not exactly true.
      with 5 to 10% of the population in Britain Muslim form about 50% of the Jail population and they commit about 95% of the rapes.

It would appear to me that Muslims reject these laws as it will not only make life more difficult for innocent muslims (There are many of them) but it will disarm Britian so that those who would commit terror can do so more easily.

As to your definition of terror, then the Israeli's could go on a killing spree and kill every Arab in their country as the Arabs are invaders there.

The same goes for Egypt and Iran, morroco and many other countries invaded by Muslim Arabs.

I do not think you really would like your exceptions to the definition of terrorism carried out.

Comment

Originally posted by bushbadee
        with 5 to 10% of the population in Britain Muslim form about 50% of the Jail population and they commit about 95% of the rapes.
        50% of the UK's jail population are muslims? Naaaaa, it's closer to 3% or something like that.

Comment

[QUOTE=bushbadee]That is not exactly true.

Put a sock in it! where do u get ur statistics from?
          *Alhamdulillah*

Comment

i understand its about 70% of the prison population in Sweden,
            Norway,Denmark and France have great problems too
            the rape figures for Europe as a whole are in line of about 75-85%,very worrying figures,is causing great concern Europe wide.

Comment

those statistics sound a bit odd to me.... reveal your sources!

Comment

Originally posted by ixppxi
                those statistics sound a bit odd to me.... reveal your sources!
                swedish news paper about 6mths ago

Comment

Originally posted by peapod
                  swedish news paper about 6mths ago
                  couldnt find the link i wanted, so just typed in

rape statistics sweden, then the same for norway,denmark
                  and came up with a great many sites,

Winds of change.net
                  archive006420PHP swedish rape stats

racial gang rape

danial pipes.org [this one is taken from police files malmo and coppenhagen]

for prison numbers just type in prison statistics ethnic groupings
                  Last edited by peapod; 29-08-05, 12:20 AM.

Comment

shocking, i never knew about that. disgusting.

Comment

It would appear to me that Muslims reject these laws as it will not only make life more difficult for innocent muslims (There are many of them) but it will disarm Britian so that those who would commit terror can do so more easily.

As to your definition of terror, then the Israeli's could go on a killing spree and kill every Arab in their country as the Arabs are invaders there.

The same goes for Egypt and Iran, morroco and many other countries invaded by Muslim Arabs.

I do not think you really would like your exceptions to the definition of terrorism carried out.
                      Many people compare the Israeli reality with South African apartheid and demand a similar solution. To denounce anybody who questions the legitimacy of Israel will be seen as an attempt to silence academic thought and legitimate political expression. If the government hopes to pander to Zionist pressure by condemning and excluding from this country people who are critical of Israeli apartheid, it is in fact supporting apartheid.
                      Add to that that Israel is in no way apartheid so a "similar solution" would be an untruth and bigoted; it is a fact that Israel is a legitimate soverign nation so no "denouncement" that applies; governments don't "pander to Zionist pressure" any more than they do to Christian, Hindu, Muslim or any other religious, political or special interest group (it's called lobbying which is a legitimate form of political interaction and isn't done via explosive belts or a gun to the head like in less civilised societies -- Palestinian Territories for example); what one country "supports" over another is none of the collective brotherhood of Muslims' business.

Most sane people would not approve of shari'a law and don't want even a taste of it as their own. The law of the land in which a people live is what we go by, not an improvised, me-only form of law and order.

Comment

I think you should be banned for spewing such hate-filled Islamaphobic rubbish.

Comment

whoa

sounds like brit muslims have their own KKK rallys over there

95% of the rapes are by muslims?

now that is a shocker, care to post a link to support such garbage?
                          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

I think you should be banned for spewing such hate-filled Islamaphobic rubbish
                            First it is not rubbish
                            Second it is not Islamphobic.
                            Considering the actions of Muslims, there is ample reason to fear Islam whether or not you approve.
                            Next Others in this thread have posted sources of the information I posted.
                            Last, it is so typically Islamic to kill the messenger that brings news that is not pleasant.
                            Ban any one who disagrees with your views and you will soon have only those that preach to the quire.
                            I am just the messenger.
                            I did not make up the statistics.
                            They exist as others have pointed out

Comment

First it is not rubbish
                              Second it is not Islamphobic.
                              Considering the actions of Muslims, there is ample reason to fear Islam whether or not you approve.
                              Next Others in this thread have posted sources of the information I posted.
                              Last, it is so typically Islamic to kill the messenger that brings news that is not pleasant.
                              Ban any one who disagrees with your views and you will soon have only those that preach to the quire.
                              I am just the messenger.
                              I did not make up the statistics.
                              They exist as others have pointed out
                              Proof Racist Proof

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X