Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Not Private Message NOR Insult The Sisters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    what if a sister PM's one of the men, would she get banned??
    Please Re-update your Signature

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by muslim4evaaa
      what if a sister PM's one of the men, would she get banned??
      If she behaves inappropriately, as in flirt etc, then yes, the ban would apply to her too.
      You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

      ~Ibn Al-Jawzee

      Comment


        #18
        either way this is not much of my concern, i dont think i am thinking of pm flirting with the sisters, and i doubt any sister would want to flirt with me... like im sure they have something more better to do. For you playboys... take a note...... Get a Life!
        Abu Hamzah Anas bin Malik, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:
        "None of you truly believes (in Allah and in His religion) until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself"

        Comment


          #19
          I dont mind PMs from anyone, but with bros, i wouldnt reply to a "hey, how you doing" id be like, and wouldnt reply back.

          Comment


            #20
            Common sense would be the best to go with it. I had some sisters pm me with either a question or something they were concerned about my post. I dont mind such posts, for they are not considered flirting.
            Abu Hamzah Anas bin Malik, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:
            "None of you truly believes (in Allah and in His religion) until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself"

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by abdusamad
              Common sense would be the best to go with it. I had some sisters pm me with either a question or something they were concerned about my post. I dont mind such posts, for they are not considered flirting.
              Yeah, exactly.

              If cross gender PMing wasn't allowed, I would never have been able to PM anna about the Arabic section access, or sis CW to apologise about the anti-Mod "war" :p

              -Rashid
              :hidban:

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Rashid786
                Yeah, exactly.

                If cross gender PMing wasn't allowed, I would never have been able to PM anna about the Arabic section access, or sis CW to apologise about the anti-Mod "war" :p

                -Rashid
                I agree with Rashid and abusamad here:) And that was a good war...we should do it again sometime:p
                How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck couldn't chuck wood? :banbear:

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by sajid
                  Salams

                  its impossible to Avoid Cross PM gender infact its something that i dont see the point is

                  Firstly how do u determine if we did enforce it and soemoen wanted to pm a sister then it takes a few seconds to reregister and Just PM who they want

                  99.9 % of Pms are sensible we have very if not little complaints of PM harassment

                  what ABU mubarak is saying that is IF soemoen PMs a sister and if they report it for them to report it obviously that PM must be bad i.e flirting or that sorta stuff...thats what he is refering too and nothing else!
                  What we did on sunniforum was to only enable members in the brothers group to pm other brothers and members of the sisters group to pm other sisters.. All other communication could occur in public or be routed via the admins. Mind you, we're a bit more hardcore on e-ikhtilat/fitnah reduction.
                  Please Re-update your Signature

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Irfan GBH...
                    I agree with Rashid and abusamad here:) And that was a good war...we should do it again sometime:p
                    :D

                    lol, we should. But this time, make it more interesting :hidban:

                    -Rashid :mujahida:
                    :hidban:

                    Comment


                      #25
                      what i dont get

                      is that how would a brother know if the person he PM's is a male or female. most name u cud tell whos who but some of them like chained water for eg u wudnt reely know if dey are a he or she.

                      so sum guy might PM a sister whos name was allah's slave, but it turns out dat person is a female...its all confusin
                      Please Re-update your Signature

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by muslim4evaaa
                        what i dont get

                        is that how would a brother know if the person he PM's is a male or female. most name u cud tell whos who but some of them like chained water for eg u wudnt reely know if dey are a he or she.

                        so sum guy might PM a sister whos name was allah's slave, but it turns out dat person is a female...its all confusin
                        Yeah, we need gender icons beneath the member names

                        -Rashid
                        :hidban:

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Fairy
                          Then shes messed up and it maybe your fault
                          she maybe a bit messed up:wacko:

                          but i dont know why its my fault :scratch:
                          And Allāh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zālimūn


                          There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

                          The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Rashid786
                            Yeah, we need gender icons beneath the member names

                            -Rashid
                            innit good suggestion
                            Please Re-update your Signature

                            Comment


                              #29
                              your comment makes all the sense in the world. I certainly agree
                              Originally posted by Mr_Jailer
                              W'salaam,

                              I don't tend to PM anyone brothers or sisters unless I need to, not just for the sake of PMin'.

                              Isn't there a way to block messages from users sisters or brothers don't want messages from? Isn't that the function of the block list?

                              People should block the senders whom they don't want PM's before escalating the issue to an admin. But if the PM's are vulgar / indecent, then it should be reported as a matter of urgency.
                              Please Re-update your Signature

                              Comment


                                #30
                                yeh i thought mango_chutney was a brother and anjum was a sis, so sometimes its hard.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X