X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do Not Private Message NOR Insult The Sisters

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
    Humpty Bumpty :asta:

That link dont work, not like am interested, but just saying...

link didn't work

darn :(
    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

This technically makes every sister a MOD with the power to ban,

I hope at least investigation goes into it before banning.
      La illaha ilallah

Comment

Originally posted by blanchoir View Post
        This technically makes every sister a MOD with the power to ban,

I hope at least investigation goes into it before banning.
        this is true

we, at ummah.com, believe in empowering women

no oppressive sisters here, each sister is a mod in her own right
        .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
        نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

and, on the flip sidie

if a brother pm's a sister and she doesnt report it, i will interpret that as they have a boyfriend girlfriend relationship at ummah.com

and we cant have that
          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
            and, on the flip sidie

if a brother pm's a sister and she doesnt report it, i will interpret that as they have a boyfriend girlfriend relationship at ummah.com

and we cant have that
            what if a brother reports a sisters PM
            لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Comment

Originally posted by Islam3333 View Post
              what if a brother reports a sisters PM
              tell him to take a second wife
              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
                Lol ,maybe they went out of business
                I assume there was never such site to begin with.

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                link didn't work

darn :(
                loooool I would be worried if the link DID work from the beginning

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                hold on a second I got mugged, it's a shia website isn't it?-I was so hopeful!! *urgh

I haven't had a problem with anyone harassing me, I have had a good time on the forum, so jazak Allah Hu Khair

it's funny though, the people that seem to have a problem with me or have an argument with me is always from the same gender
                eh? what site is shia site? :/

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

this is true

we, at ummah.com, believe in empowering women

no oppressive sisters here, each sister is a mod in her own right
                  This is new to me.

edit: and by new I mean, I didn't know this was the consequences of the forum..

I do like it.
                  La illaha ilallah

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post

Though I did want to share it in general. I'll wait for a good opportunity later then >__>
                    You know you can always share it now.

Ibn Umar was asked, “Did the sahaba laugh?” He said, “Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.”

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Good thing I read this.

Not that I seek dates here.

But I have actually PMd some asking questions.

By the way does this apply to comments left in the Reputation section?
                      Watch those eyes

Comment

One more question, if a woman insults you what is the result when you respond back because under Islamic Law you have the right to retaliate as much as you have been done to.

Does this forum follow that and allow it or does the woman empowerment mean you get banned for that too.

Hope to clear this up.

EDIT: One last question. What happens when the gender is unspecified and you do not know that the person is a female but others do?
                        Last edited by ZeeshanParvez; 02-04-14, 01:12 AM.
                        Watch those eyes

Comment

and, on the flip sidie

and we cant have that
                          Brother, I fully support your stance but I would just like to point out that in case such a thing does happen for you to assume they have a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship would fall under the heading of Zaan which the Quran clearly forbids.

A male talking to a female does not mean they are boyfriend and girlfriend. I hope, that you with all the good you have done, will re consider your stance of assuming someone to be something they well may not be.

Comment

Where do you draw the line?

You can't ban someone for sending a PM, unless of course if it contains inappropriate content.

You might as well stop interaction of male and females in the threads altogether, perhaps even extend that to visitor messages and comments on reputation part.

My point is you can't enforce something in one part and not reflect it in the main parts.

Additionally, I don't like the idea and impression that only sisters should report (that is sexist), what about us brothers why are we not included? As mods, it is your duty to be impartial and balanced anything else could be subjected to abuse of power.

I have only been a member a few months now and it is a great site to interact with like minded individuals, but if these kind 'rulings' and 'warnings' are upheld by the moderators, then I'm out.

All I ask is to make it fair.
                            Last edited by Speck of Dust; 02-04-14, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck of Dust View Post
                              Where do you draw the line?

You can't ban someone for sending a PM, unless of course if it contains inappropraite content.

You might as well stop interaction of male and females in the threads altogether, perhaps even extend that to visitor messages and comments on reputation part.

My point is you can't enforce something in one part and not reflect it in the main parts.

Additionally, I don't like the idea and impression that only sisters should report (that is sexist), what about us brothers why are we not included? As mods, it is your duty to be impartial and balanced anything else could be subjected to abuse of power.

I have only been a member a few months now and it is a great site to interact with like minded individuals, but if these kind 'rulings' and 'warnings' are upheld by the moderators, then I'm out.

All I ask is to make it fair.
                              You are right PM should be fine as long as both parties agree and their is no Vulgar stuff or harassement.Sometimes PMs are necessary .
                              If the other party do not want to be interacted that is fine.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

and, on the flip sidie

and we cant have that
                                Huh ? how does that work.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Working...
                                X