Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

African Americans Tend to be more sympathetic towards Muslims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• African Americans Tend to be more sympathetic towards Muslims?

Don't consider me a racist. But from my experience, African Americans tend to be more sympathetic towards Muslims than Caucasian Americans. I reckon it might be the historical links with historical figures such as Muhammad Ali and Malcolm X, or the fact they're minorities who went through hardships too.

Re: African Americans Tend to be more sympathetic towards Muslims?

1) I understand what you are saying, I thought of that too. For example, look at the comments in this video:

A) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cguNpbxlEg4

2) However, we should not generalize, there are also African Americans like Obama. African Americans are oppressed in America, historically and presently. I think this is the reason why some of them sympathize with the suffering of the Muslims.

Comment

I noticed this as well. African-Americans are usually pretty friendly with me. I think they are more open to accepting Islam compared to others in the US. So many of them have converted.
      Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 02-12-17, 10:16 PM.
      Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

considering the large amount of african americans in the military, this is untrue

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim Politics View Post
          considering the large amount of african americans in the military, this is untrue

You're telling me African Americans make up the majority of the US military? Also people join the military for different reasons. I reckon African Americans feel more angry towards the government than Caucasians do. Without being stereotypical, I think most African Americans joined the military for financial reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim Politics View Post
            1) There are some African Americans that do not sympathize with such people. They call them "Uncle Tom" and "House Negroes". For example, Malcolm X:

A) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFXXNzim1Y0

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X