Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stay grounded

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stay grounded

    :salams

    Ibn al-Jawzi (rahimahullah):


    'Understand that life has occasions. One time it is poverty, and another time it is wealth. Once it is honour, and another it is humiliation. Happy is he is who remains grounded in each situation.' [Sayd al-Khatir, p.282]
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

  • #2
    Re: Stay grounded

    :wswrwb:

    :jkk:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Stay grounded

      :wswrwb:

      Very beneficial reminder.

      :jkk:
      And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. - سورة الطلاق : 3

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Stay grounded

        IF you can keep your head when all about you
        Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
        If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
        But make allowance for their doubting too;
        If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
        Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
        Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
        And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

        If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
        If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
        If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
        And treat those two impostors just the same;
        If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
        Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
        Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
        And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

        If you can make one heap of all your winnings
        And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
        And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;
        If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
        To serve your turn long after they are gone,
        And so hold on when there is nothing in you
        Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

        If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
        ' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
        if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
        If all men count with you, but none too much;
        If you can fill the unforgiving minute
        With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
        Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
        And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Stay grounded

          Can it be simultaneously all three?
          https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

          Ephemeral reader

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Stay grounded

            Originally posted by Eorlingas View Post
            IF you can keep your head when all about you
            Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
            If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
            But make allowance for their doubting too;
            If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
            Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
            Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
            And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

            If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
            If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
            If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
            And treat those two impostors just the same;
            If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
            Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
            Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
            And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

            If you can make one heap of all your winnings
            And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
            And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;
            If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
            To serve your turn long after they are gone,
            And so hold on when there is nothing in you
            Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

            If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
            ' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
            if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
            If all men count with you, but none too much;
            If you can fill the unforgiving minute
            With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
            Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
            And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
            i actually really liked this a lot
            ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
            "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
            :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Stay grounded

              Which 3?
              Originally posted by Kiro View Post
              Can it be simultaneously all three?
              Which 3?
              ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
              "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
              :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Stay grounded

                Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                Which 3?

                Which 3?
                I mean all of them.
                https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

                Ephemeral reader

                Comment


                • #9
                  Bump for reminder

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    “Really disappointed in this Random , I know you been banned now for a longer time for your posts you made but you can still read these posts, should know better as you are one of the original members from the forum

                    from the start

                    Just causing us unnecessary work in clearing up mess and post“



                    sajid

                    Also regarding what u said - I got annoyed Cos when someone intentionally tries to see the worst in u - I dno, most people probably get defensive - but something happens to me and I want them to think even worse of me than they already do because I have no energy to correct them

                    plus it was a control thing


                    oh and I couldn’t read anything AA did some hardcore ban thing

                    sigh


                    Last edited by RaNdOm; 17-07-20, 09:30 PM.
                    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                      “Really disappointed in this Random , I know you been banned now for a longer time for your posts you made but you can still read these posts, should know better as you are one of the original members from the forum

                      from the start

                      Just causing us unnecessary work in clearing up mess and post“



                      sajid

                      Also regarding what u said - I got annoyed Cos when someone intentionally tries to see the worst in u - I dno, most people probably get defensive - but something happens to me and I want them to think even worse of me than they already do because I have no energy to correct them

                      plus it was a control thing


                      oh and I couldn’t read anything AA did some hardcore ban thing

                      sigh

                      That ban was justified TBH, I just re-read the content of the original thread which you got banned for, not pleasant or nice at all...regardless this is a muslim forum should not be posting stuff like this here

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by sajid View Post

                        That ban was justified TBH, I just re-read the content of the original thread which you got banned for, not pleasant or nice at all...regardless this is a muslim forum should not be posting stuff like this here
                        Sigh
                        ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                        "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                        :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Feet firmly on this fleeting dunya and not on the carebear clouds.
                          Per aspera ad astra.

                          Comment

                          Collapse

                          Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                          Working...
                          X