Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding and Judging Documentaries

:salams:

How do I find good, authentic, unbiased documentaries? Does anybody have any resources or tools to find them.

Advice is appreciated.

Re: Finding and Judging Documentaries

Originally posted by mazuiz View Post
    :salams:

How do I find good, authentic, unbiased documentaries? Does anybody have any resources or tools to find them.

Advice is appreciated.
    Ahh My Nanima told me this - when a documentary starts, on the bottom right hand corner in size 1 font times new roman will be written "unbiased"

Comment

Unbiased documentaries, lol...

Well actually it depends on the subject matter. If the documentary is based on something that has little or no scope for subjectivity, for example the process of channelling water through pipes, then yes sure.

But if it's an account of historical events for instance, you'll find nothing but bias.
      Last edited by Morose; 08-11-17, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
        Unbiased documentaries, lol...

Well actually it depends on the subject matter. If the documentary is based on something that has little or no scope for subjectivity, for example the process of channelling water through pipes, then yes sure.

But if it's an account of historical events for instance, you'll find nothing but bias.
        :salams

Biasness is in the bloodline of humans so its very difficult to separate except (its a minimum) in the authentic records of Islam since we should not lie as it takes such liar into hell fire but still there are fake shia hadith which is an exception.

some related info how it works and how they do it # post 49 here

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...hs%20post%2042

& here in post #101

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...pon-him)/page3

But even if you get such info without beleiving anything bluntly when we think -ponder on it we do sometimes get clues of their biasness, crookedness, mainly when it goes against logic and sense

But there are people like Bart Erhman , unbiased authors but they are like a few exceptions
        Last edited by talibilm09; 08-11-17, 11:36 PM.
        My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

[MENTION=101256]Morose[/MENTION]
          Ok, maybe they don't have to be unbiased, but biased toward the truth?

Comment

Suggestions for any documentaries?

Comment

Originally posted by mazuiz View Post
              Suggestions for any documentaries?
              Abdullah hakim quick does some interesting lectures on Islamic history

Not really a doco but his lectures are facinating. You can find him on YouTube
              It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
              "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                Abdullah hakim quick does some interesting lectures on Islamic history

Not really a doco but his lectures are facinating. You can find him on YouTube
                Yes I know of him, he's good Masha'Allah.

Comment

Working...
                X