Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do any of you have fond memories of this place?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Do any of you have fond memories of this place?

    I'm not sentimental in any way so not really in answering my own question... but I do think (which some of you may find weird) that I think of you all as my family even though it's an online community. I guess sometimes you have draw a personality or image with what people write since it's just a text based format (otherwise, it might feel like I am talking to myself), nonetheless, it feels like I am growing with everyone like I'm with everyone in this boat reaching it's destination. The point is, I think of everyone as family and do you have any fond memories of this place?
    I am just a simple nomad.

    Ephemeral reader

    #2
    Re: Do any of you have fond memories of this place?

    Yooohh! Why you make as if we've left the forum, lol. We've become ummah family over time, and the memory I have of you is that you took to making countless threads,.. and you watch anime, dont know if its an obsession or not, and ,, and..
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”


    Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Do any of you have fond memories of this place?

      I've just given you some rep bro. Konichiwa.

      Now you can have a fond memory of me giving you rep :)

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Do any of you have fond memories of this place?

        I see this place as one big dysfunctional Stani family. You are all there but not really there if that makes sense.I feel little to zero attachment, I think that's a deficiency in me. For me I can tell so much from someone's body language or face that without it I'm in lockdown mode.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Do any of you have fond memories of this place?

          Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
          I see this place as one big dysfunctional Stani family. You are all there but not really there if that makes sense.I feel little to zero attachment, I think that's a deficiency in me. For me I can tell so much from someone's body language or face that without it I'm in lockdown mode.
          Excuse me, but I am Indian.....
          وَالْعَصْرِ

          إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

          إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

          "If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

          "Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

          Khanqah Habibiyah

          Comment


            #6
            Do any of you have fond memories of this place?

            Yes I do.. a lot of memories. Good and bad. Alhamdulilah
            إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Do any of you have fond memories of this place?

              Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
              I see this place as one big dysfunctional Stani family. You are all there but not really there if that makes sense.I feel little to zero attachment, I think that's a deficiency in me. For me I can tell so much from someone's body language or face that without it I'm in lockdown mode.
              Dysfunctional? Boredom mostly, I think.

              But I do feel attachment to this place. :|
              “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”


              Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Do any of you have fond memories of this place?

                Another good thing used to be was more reps - until the void section so now, soo blahhz..
                “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”


                Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Do any of you have fond memories of this place?

                  Originally posted by Kiro View Post
                  I'm not sentimental in any way so not really in answering my own question... but I do think (which some of you may find weird) that I think of you all as my family even though it's an online community. I guess sometimes you have draw a personality or image with what people write since it's just a text based format (otherwise, it might feel like I am talking to myself), nonetheless, it feels like I am growing with everyone like I'm with everyone in this boat reaching it's destination. The point is, I think of everyone as family and do you have any fond memories of this place?
                  Once upon a time we had quite a few intelligent Brothers and Sisters, and the Dawah section was busy as well.

                  Now we have a lot of immature individuals and Trolls.

                  :jkk:
                  http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

                  "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

                  – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Do any of you have fond memories of this place?

                    There's a lot of nagging moms...


                    If you're a nagging mom, you know who you are. And continue to be.
                    I am just a simple nomad.

                    Ephemeral reader

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Do any of you have fond memories of this place?

                      Originally posted by horizon View Post
                      I've just given you some rep bro. Konichiwa.

                      Now you can have a fond memory of me giving you rep :)
                      Thank you fellow pigeon.

                      As expected of my minions.
                      I am just a simple nomad.

                      Ephemeral reader

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Do any of you have fond memories of this place?

                        Originally posted by Kiro View Post
                        Thank you fellow pigeon.

                        As expected of my minions.
                        When did I give Bay'ah to you?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Do any of you have fond memories of this place?

                          This place is certainly interesting and I definitely have quite a few good/bad memories.

                          The more fond memories are definitely seeing the kind naseeha of some users ....albeit a very few.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Do any of you have fond memories of this place?

                            And this my sons, is when you know the forum is truly dead.
                            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

                            You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Do any of you have fond memories of this place?

                              Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                              Excuse me, but I am Indian.....
                              It's forgivable.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X