Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dawah to a neighbor

salam alaikum

One of my neighbors has become interested in Islam through contact with me and I'm not really sure how to go about dawah nor do I feel very comfortable talking to her.

any suggestions on how I should handle this?

I'll be talking to her again in the next couple of days as I agree to fix her sink.

Re: Dawah to a neighbor

:wswrwb:

Maybe this thread might help you:

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...rts-Dawaah-etc

What exactly are you unsure about regarding propagating the Deen?

Comment

Originally posted by Samsandman View Post
      salam alaikum

One of my neighbors has become interested in Islam through contact with me and I'm not really sure how to go about dawah nor do I feel very comfortable talking to her.

I'll be talking to her again in the next couple of days as I agree to fix her sink.

remember the story of that man.... that I cant remember the name of

but protect yourself - cos shaitaan will try and mix your sincerity in wanting to help her and give her dawah and leading you to fitnah

im not liking this samsandman
      ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
      "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
      :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Barsisa! The story of barsisa
        "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Comment

At the time of Bani Israel, there was a man in a small village, called Barsisa. He was, what you call, a monk. But he was a true Christian. He believed in Tawheed and believed Isa (peace be upon him) was a messenger of Allah.

One day three brothers decided to go for Jihad. But they had a sister and they did not want to leave her alone. So they went looking for someone to take care of her. The town people suggested to leave her with Barsisa, because of his piety. So they went to him and when they asked him, he said, "I seek refuge from the cursed Shaytan" and said No! This was because he was scared of falling into sin (due to the potential fitnah it may cause). Then Shaytan came to Barsisa in the form of Waswasah (Whisperings). Shaytan is very smart and knew Barsisa had a soft heart. So he told Barsisa, "What if they can’t find someone good and leave her with someone bad, wouldn’t that be your fault?"Now Barsisa did not realise this was Shaytan whispering in his heart, and because of his compassion for others, he decided to accept their request and help the woman.

He let her stay in a house opposite the church. He did this so that it would be easy for him to leave her food outside the church and she could come get it herself. But after sometime, shaytan returned. This time he told Barsisa, "Why don’t you leave the food closer for her, so that people don’t see her moving back and forth alone!"Barsisa agreed and started leaving the food outside the house. But shaytan wasn’t happy with this either, so sometime later, he returned and ask Barsisa, "Why don’t you go in and leave it on the table, so that no one sees her coming out and going in alone all the time!" Again, Barsisa agreed and he started leaving the food on the table.

Then as time went by, Shaytan returned and said to him, "Why don’t you talk to her, she is all alone and has no one to talk to!" Barsisa agreed and started talking to her from behind a door (so as to screen himself). But this would lead them to almost shouting to each other to here themselves. Shaytan asked Barsisa to just go in and talk to her, and finally, he (Shaytan) had got the alone in a room. Shaytan had completed the difficult part. It wasn’t after Barsisa and the woman committed fornication. And to make things worse, she also became pregnant. As soon as the baby was born, Shaytan returned, and said to Barsisa, "What have you done? Look at the result of your evil (i.e. the child), get rid of the evidence otherwise the brothers will kill you!" Barsisa killed the baby and buried it in the same room the woman was in. Shaytan then told Barsisa, "Do you think you can kill the child of a woman and expect her not to tell anyone?!" and So Barsisa killed her and buried her alongside the baby! He then made a fake grace outside and when her brothers returned, he informed them that she died of illness. After seeing the grave and make dua for her, they returned home and accepted Allah’s decree.

Later that night, Shaytan came to them in their dream and informed them about what Barsisa had done and where the child and their sister could be found. The brother got up upset and confused, and informed his brothers of the dream, and they both said they had the same dream. So they believed that it must be true, and when and dug up the fake grave and found it empty. They then dug the place shaytan showed them in the dream and found the child and woman!

Furious, the brothers took Barsisa to the Leader to get his punishment. Barsisa knew that he would be given the death penalty. Shaytan came to Barsisa again, for the final time this time. This time he revealed himself and told him he was the one whispering the thoughts to him. And he said that he could save Barsisa, and as long as Barsisa makes sujood to him! Barsisa, out of desperation made Sujood to him , this confirmed his Kufr (disbelief) and Shaytan said to him "I am free of you, I fear Allah, the Lord of the ‘Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists)!" and left Barsisa was stonned to death and on the day of judgement he will be resurrected making Sujood to Shaytan!

So look how shaytan tricked him. He came to him as a friend, but was in fact his biggest enemy!

(Their allies deceived them) like Shaitan (Satan), when he says to man: "Disbelieve in Allah." But when (man) disbelieves in Allah, Shaitan (Satan) says: "I am free of you, I fear Allah, the Lord of the ‘Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists)!" (Al-Hashr 59:16)

Shaytan will never make you sin directly, he will always trick you using Waswasah and he is more patient than any of us. So we should always seek refuge in Allah from Shaytan. Never think you have enough knowledge or are strong enough to take on Shaytan. This is why the Scholars of Islam are the ones with the most Taqwa, fear of Allah. So reflect on the story, if Shaytan told Barsisa to make sujood in the beginning, Barsisa would have said no staright away, but Shaytan has a plan in hand it was a step by step policy that made Barsisa finally breakdown and commit Kufr.

Source: Stories in the Quran – Ibn Kathir

Comment

May Allah swt always protect us from his sly and wicked ways ameen

Comment

Originally posted by horizon View Post

Maybe this thread might help you:

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...rts-Dawaah-etc

What exactly are you unsure about regarding propagating the Deen?
              How I can give dawah with a good conscious. I can't say go to this or that masjid and learn islam after the way I was treated by those masajid,she will just be exploited with any doubt by them.

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                May Allah swt always protect us from his sly and wicked ways ameen
                ameen

Thank your for posting that story as your first post post pretty vague.

what you've brought up is the major concern for me.

Comment

salam alaikum

I understand your concern about where you direct her to for dawah, but the concern also needs to be for yourself. It’s not a good idea to go into a neighbor’s house to fix the sink. Send her to the mosque for Islam and to the plumber for her sink.

Comment

ameen

Thank your for posting that story as your first post post pretty vague.

what you've brought up is the major concern for me.
                    Well I am glad u are honest with yourself enough to list that as a concern where others would brush it off as something small

and I'm glad that Allah swt decreed for you to make this thread and for me to click on the thread and remember the story of barsisa - it was bugging me so much I couldn't remember his name so I googled many different variations til I finally got it. Alhamdulillah I felt restless until I came about it.

I really think u are in a position that u need to be most careful

don't you know of a sis that can help her

when it doubt ... [MENTION=99637]Gingerbeardman[/MENTION] it

Comment

Well I am glad u are honest with yourself enough to list that as a concern where others would brush it off as something small

and I'm glad that Allah swt decreed for you to make this thread and for me to click on the thread and remember the story of barsisa - it was bugging me so much I couldn't remember his name so I googled many different variations til I finally got it. Alhamdulillah I felt restless until I came about it.

I really think u are in a position that u need to be most careful

don't you know of a sis that can help her

when it doubt ... [MENTION=99637]Gingerbeardman[/MENTION] it

every time I talk with her I'm reminded o venturing out on a pond thats frozen over,
                      is the ice thick enough to safely walk on?
                      couple small steps and listen for that cracking sound,no sound?ok good
                      couple more small steps,no sound? good!

but then I think about the verse about following in the footsteps of shaytan,he likes me to take small steps as well and
                      realize that even though the ice didn't break beneath me on the small steps out that I still need to get back to the safety of solid ground.

Comment

every time I talk with her I'm reminded o venturing out on a pond thats frozen over,
                        is the ice thick enough to safely walk on?
                        couple small steps and listen for that cracking sound,no sound?ok good
                        couple more small steps,no sound? good!

but then I think about the verse about following in the footsteps of shaytan,he likes me to take small steps as well and
                        realize that even though the ice didn't break beneath me on the small steps out that I still need to get back to the safety of solid ground.
                        Yes cos ice is slippery and deceiving

it only takes one footstep at slightly the wrong angle and you've already fallen to the ground

plus ice can be so hidden sometimes you might not even realise it's there

make thoughts of your own hereafter and your own grave stronger

why are you fixing her sink?

Comment

Yes cos ice is slippery and deceiving

it only takes one footstep at slightly the wrong angle and you've already fallen to the ground

plus ice can be so hidden sometimes you might not even realise it's there

make thoughts of your own hereafter and your own grave stronger

why are you fixing her sink?
                          cause she asked and I'm a nice guy, to a fault.

she doesn't have money for a plumber or things like that so sometimes I help her fix stuff,carry up her groceries, etc.and she gives me a bit of food in return.

She is my neighbor so I try to be nice to all my neighbors and I have really good neighbors,except the muslims ones don't like me very much.

Comment

If your that worried ask her if someone else can be present at the sink fixing, so neither of you are tempted to make a pass at each other. Does she have any existing religious affiliation? Is she an atheist/agnostic? Is she into philosophy or science? These will have a bearing on how you can lead dawah discussion with her. Also it sounds like you are worried about self control. If you know you don't have control of your desires try to avoid her , unless she is someone who has potential for marriage and not just provide a thrill. Sorry for being blunt.
                            Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

Comment

I don't think she's really figured that out herself but I guess her current beliefs are leaning toward unitarian christian?
                              I've talked with her about that and she's almost muslim, but not quite,without realizing it.

Met a few people like that but as soon as you suggest they are almost muslim already and Islam is actually the best religion for them
                              they recoil in horror, as well,how do I put this nicely, "muslim" immigrants from "muslim" countries have done such a hatchet job to the name of Islam and muslim
                              locally that some people don't want to be associated with those names at all.

Marriage potential for me?I thought not under the current situation but I'm realizing that muslim immigrants are so arrogant and racist that I don't have many options.

Comment

Working...
                              X