Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dawah to a neighbor

Originally posted by Samsandman View Post
    you pretty much have to tie it keep that braid from unraveling don't you? unless you know something I don't.

people expect reverts to completely change everything about themselves overnight,change can be very difficult especially when your totally immersed in a culture that sees haraam things as "normal" and halaal things as "bizarre" and extreme.
    I sometimes literally ate pig 3 times a day when I was young,Bacon and eggs for breakfast,ham sandwich for lunch and pork chops for dinner. believed in santa til i was 7 or 8.
    Had my first date and girlfriend when I was 12,started drinking alcohol regularly when I was 13,had all the bases covered when it came to women by the time I was 14,started going to the bars/strip clubs when I was 15 and all of that was considered normal for the society I live in and still is.

Born muslim expect you to completely change your lifestyle,name etc overnight and even after you do change all those things most still don't accept you as muslim.
    When I first converted I was religious "enough" for them and then when I seriously started practicing I was "too" religious for them.

Just goes to show there is no pleasing hypocrites.
    Yeh u can put like elastic bands on the braid like same as hair ones

Ok so I think I can be like one of those people...

cos for me - although I didn't revert when I learnt about Islam - I got rid of any negative influences in my life. Although I was still a pretty good girl in comparison to what you mentioned. I got rid of anything or anyone I thought would distract me on the path to Allah swt and it took a year or 2.

When you revert you choose to put Allah swt as your priority in life. You choose not to be a slave to dunya but only a slave to the One who created you. The bacon pork whatever thing is hard for me to understand because I have always grown up thinking it was forbidden so I wouldn't be able to understand a craving for it. But the only thing I can liken it to is smoking I guess, I've never smoked either but I'm guessing it must be like being addicted to chocolate and chocolate is a weakness so yeh.

But yeh otherwise your life sounds like it was quite colourful? How did u become Muslim? And weren't u glad to leave all that filth behind to concentrate on your true purpose. I think I view it as everything before Islam was a lost soul crying out for guidance. Whilst u might have been satisfying your desires. Your soul inside was empty and that's why u were delving deeper into more and more haraam. When u found the light of Islam that light would extinguish the darkness and fulfill u in ways where those same desires become unappealing to u.

i am pretty impatient anyway so maybe that's why I can be somewhat harsher - but if I saw a revert that was drinking or obsessed with women... I think I would come down on them very hard and very I guess intolerantly. Even tho I know we aren't supposed to be harsh in our dawah but I don't know... I think cos it makes me question their integrity too

bur anyway I don't think u should have too many grumblings towards them. They were only judging you from their perspective and in a sense alhamdulillah we have those people that have high expectations cos they push u to be better or at least start the thought process.

What is too religious about u?
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Yeh, ditch her :1popcorn:

Lmso

I agree with the others, be careful. Don't be too confident in yourself. Look at how some people fall for scholars or Islamic speakers.

There are some Islamic organisations that have online sites like iera I think, you can order pamphlets which are quite informative.
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Alright this is coming along despite the difficulties and dangers. tried again to find a sister to to do this and no dice,tried to get her to go the masjid and no dice

She has reached 50% of shahada,I've carefully explained Allah awj,the purpose of our life is to worship Him,Tawheed and All of this she accepts. She now makes dua to Allah awj,says bismillah when eating drinking etc I covered some basic fiqh of tahara.

I think it's time for Phase 2 of Operation:Convert the Neighbor.

Which is to explain Prophet Muhammad sallahu alayhi wasalam being the last and final messenger,a mercy to all mankind, the exemplar of how to live and the Sunnah.

I have a rough idea of how I'm going to go about this as I think the this part will be harder than the first one but am curious as to suggestions.

If YOU were trying to explain The Nabi sallahu alayhi wasalam,his role and status along with the importance of Sunnah how would you approach it?

Comment

Alright this is coming along despite the difficulties and dangers. tried again to find a sister to to do this and no dice,tried to get her to go the masjid and no dice

She has reached 50% of shahada,I've carefully explained Allah awj,the purpose of our life is to worship Him,Tawheed and All of this she accepts. She now makes dua to Allah awj,says bismillah when eating drinking etc I covered some basic fiqh of tahara.

Which is to explain Prophet Muhammad sallahu alayhi wasalam being the last and final messenger,a mercy to all mankind, the exemplar of how to live and the Sunnah.

I have a rough idea of how I'm going to go about this as I think the this part will be harder than the first one but am curious as to suggestions.

If YOU were trying to explain The Nabi sallahu alayhi wasalam,his role and status along with the importance of Sunnah how would you approach it?
          Go through his life, his actions (sallaho alayhi wa sallam ) proved he was a prophet of Allah

I find the incident of the eclipse to be evidence enough

Brb I'll go find the hadith
          It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
          "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

[MENTION=113221]Samsandman[/MENTION]

Ok there is this hadith

Found In: Sahih Bukhari Chapter No: 18, Eclipses
            Hadith no: 168 Report Mistake Permalink
            Narrated: Al-Mughira bin Shuba
            On the day of Ibrahim's death, the sun eclipsed and the people said that the eclipse was due to the death of Ibrahim (the son of the Prophet). Allah's Apostle said, "The sun and the moon are two signs amongst the signs of Allah. They do not eclipse because of someone's death or life. So when you see them, invoke Allah and pray till the eclipse is clear."
            Relevance: 7.7259

If rasululah sallaho alayhi wa sallam was lying then what better way to convince his followers than to claim the eclipse that happened on the day of the death of his son was for that reason

Similarly if he was mad the incident would have reinforced him

But no he said They do not eclipse because of someone's death or life.

This incident was one of many that proved he sallaho alayhi wa sallam was a true messenger from Allah
            It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
            "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

Just go through the seerah. Ive seen it phrased like this by Hamza Tzortzis and found it convincing:

Only three possibilities: He was a deluded madman, a liar or truthful. The first two possibilities can be ruled out easy. Leaves us with third. https://youtu.be/KoShExgPVdw

And use all the prophecies for Akhir Zaman. Some mind blowing ones there.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                [MENTION=113221]Samsandman[/MENTION]

Ok there is this hadith

Found In: Sahih Bukhari Chapter No: 18, Eclipses
                Hadith no: 168 Report Mistake Permalink
                Narrated: Al-Mughira bin Shuba
                On the day of Ibrahim's death, the sun eclipsed and the people said that the eclipse was due to the death of Ibrahim (the son of the Prophet). Allah's Apostle said, "The sun and the moon are two signs amongst the signs of Allah. They do not eclipse because of someone's death or life. So when you see them, invoke Allah and pray till the eclipse is clear."
                Relevance: 7.7259

If rasululah sallaho alayhi wa sallam was lying then what better way to convince his followers than to claim the eclipse that happened on the day of the death of his son was for that reason

Similarly if he was mad the incident would have reinforced him

But no he said They do not eclipse because of someone's death or life.

This incident was one of many that proved he sallaho alayhi wa sallam was a true messenger from Allah
                JazakAllah khair, I found this hadith very intriguing as well as when the people fell into error and attempted to elevate him and his family above the level of what was proper and fall back into superstition he was quick to educate them and no exploit it.

I've looked at a few seerah series and don't get me wrong but 'm trying to cram this into the evening of her day off which is difficult as some of the seerah series are 10-20 hours long so I think I'm going to put on the The Message for her. see link below .This covers the basics and major aspects of the Prophet sallahu alayhi wasalam's life in an easy to follow but respectful format. Not the perfect presentation of seerah but at 3 hours it's manageable in an evening.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074896/?ref_=nv_sr_1

She knows essentially nothing about The Nabi sallahu alayhi wasalam as she doesn't watch tv or follow any websites/social media which is good as I'm not trying to refute this or that slander against the Nabi sallahu alayhi wasalam but she also doesn't know much about the bible which is both good and bad. I

Comment

Working...
                X