Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you consider taking part in these forum projects?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you consider taking part in...?

Never criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes.

That way, when you criticize them, you’ll be a mile away, and you’ll have their shoes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend thinks he is smart. He told me an onion is the only food that makes you cry,

so I threw a coconut at his face.
    ┳┻|
    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
    ┳┻|⊂ノ
    ┻┳|
    :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

Comment

Walaikum assalam warahmatullahi wabarakatu,

Great post!

Qir'ah yes but I officially havn't taken any tajweed lessons but simply learning from the Qaris of our time. Plus it takes a while for me to get good focus and attention going on to prevent mistakes but I get distracted easily so its probably not a good idea lol. Allahu alam.
      Ask yourself why you were created. Do not let society distract you from seeking the truth.
      Sahih International, 63:3 (Surah Al-Munafiqun)
      That is because they believed, and then they disbelieved; so their hearts were sealed over, and they do not understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post
        Never criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes.

That way, when you criticize them, you’ll be a mile away, and you’ll have their shoes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend thinks he is smart. He told me an onion is the only food that makes you cry,

so I threw a coconut at his face.
        These two were actually...

...very funny! :] :up:

MaashaaAllah.
        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
        -------------------------------
        "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
        NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Which ^ reminds me of an anecdote that always makes me smile....

Passenger on the train turns to fellow passenger, an extremely polite East Asian man.

Passenger:
          Excuse me, sir, do you have the time?

Extremely polite East Asian man:
          (Nods, smiles, shows time and tells him exuberantly) Thank you!
          I don't understand this "/

Comment

Originally posted by dsr478 View Post
            I'm going with B, not dark enough.

Unless it manages to make people think you're a psychopath, the joke is not E D G Y enough.

01.jpg

Originally posted by Dr. Blitz View Post
            Walaikum assalam warahmatullahi wabarakatu,

Great post!

Qir'ah yes but I officially havn't taken any tajweed lessons but simply learning from the Qaris of our time. Plus it takes a while for me to get good focus and attention going on to prevent mistakes but I get distracted easily so its probably not a good idea lol. Allahu alam.
            Hmmm... You could still enter brother. If not then maybe one of the others? No pressure, though. Only if you feel up to it.

:jkk:

Re: the train post. Maybe it just makes me smile because of my memories of the person who told me it.
            (Alhamdulillah).

...It's about being polite (!), and how a very polite Chinese man (if I recall) was so polite, in his unfamiliarity with the culture and language and his eagerness to be so, he was thanking the other person for asking him to show the time.

There... See. Now the funny factor of that (possibly mildly amusing) post has just shot through the roof (I don't think!)

---------------------------------

Ps. More on frogs:

02.jpeg

01.jpg
            Last edited by Fakhri; 01-11-17, 11:47 PM.
            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
            "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
              The list is copied from another thread, more or less. (No need at all to apologise.)
              Lol

I thought you typed it all out

:jkk:
              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by juwairiyyah View Post
                sorry i'm not creative enough to take part, but i will be cheering for the participants, inshaa allah.
                lol

Comment

so we dont take the prize money home :(

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
                    I don't understand this "/
                    I think the first passenger wants to talk/dawah/sell something. And asks the next passenger if he has the time for it.

The next passenger tells him the actual time on his watch.
                    ┳┻|
                    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
                    ┳┻|⊂ノ
                    ┻┳|
                    :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

Comment

Even frogs have their own categories.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Apples View Post
                        so we dont take the prize money home :(
                        But you do, Br Red Apples.

You take it home.
                        Right the way Home. inshaaAllah!

:)
                        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Just saw this now. (Not sure if you're still thinking about this brother Fakhri.)

I think the ideas here are great but I wouldn't participate in them because:

- I can't do calligraphy
                          - My story will end up being too long
                          - Not good at poetry
                          - Find it a bit awkward to make brothers laugh :/
                          - Need to improve on my tajweed.

But :jkk: for the ideas. I would very much be happy to be one of the voters :up:
                          ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah1436 View Post
                            Just saw this now. (Not sure if you're still thinking about this brother Fakhri.)

I think the ideas here are great but I wouldn't participate in them because:

- I can't do calligraphy
                            - My story will end up being too long
                            - Not good at poetry
                            - Find it a bit awkward to make brothers laugh :/
                            - Need to improve on my tajweed.

But :jkk: for the ideas. I would very much be happy to be one of the voters :up:

If we have a few more people showing interest, then inshaa'aAllah, yes...

- I guess it doesn't have to be calligraphy. Any kind of artwork which is related to a specific Hadith...

- Could be that sister's idea of too long isn't actually that long(?). There hasn't been anything defined as to the exact limit yet...

- Unless I'm mistaken, sister did initially submit something last time (?) which, if I remember correctly, would not have been out of place (Alhamdulillah) had it been entered with the rest of the submissions, so...

- Yes. That makes sense of course, Alhamdulillah. It could be done anonymously though, possibly? For those of us who would rather remain unknown. We wouldn't know if it's a brother or sister, something posted under another name (posted elsewhere, then reposted here. I myself too wouldn't know.)

- No different from the rest of us I think... But this one was really intended for the brothers, as there is the issue of permissibility here when it comes to sisters. I see that one sister has voted in it already... Maybe Mawlana Abu Mus'ab or someone else can clarify, but I'm really leaning towards it being just for brothers in all honesty.

But there's no pressure to participate, respected sister.

:jkk: for the post. Votes and interest, support, etc, would of course be appreciated, inshaa'Allah.(baarakallah feek).
                            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

(Hmmm... Thread title looking suspiciously unfamiliar. Forum Projects... sounds like serious business. :p )
                              LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

[MENTION=39142]Fakhri[/MENTION]

In the land of the midst of the embowing womb, snarling of the endowing lotus sky where the light trimmers and drifters at the echo sight. Falling shadow supported by the gnushing of the trees, prerequisites of the the sky to be then to be of the emanating puddle of the night's sky; birth of the growing puddle sound (to the venture of fading lake). Decaying shadow until once more of the regressing cycle of the forward timeless sky where flightless fans are transparent blades that reaches the eye. Beauty to be cast on the shoulders of who create warmth and capture shelter like it soars at a moments release.

The dawn sparkles with the same blazing of those who seek the golden touch and breath in to the souls who can rise like the lamp mirror a peaceful descent where they can usher their hearts like fragrance that reflects both strength and rest. After they have fallen asleep, eat all of their food just like planned.
                                Last edited by Kiro; 13-11-17, 04:55 AM.
                                I am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Working...
                                X