Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you consider taking part in these forum projects?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you consider taking part in...?

Maybe we could do poetry competition, ma sha'Allah those are so amazing. Or some funny and creative stuff.

Comment

Or a short story

Comment

Waalaykum Asalam Warahamtullahi Wabarakatuhu.

I randomly thought of re-reading a poem from the last poetry competition.

Then got a notification for this thread.

Sure I'm in, let's write some poetry.
        Sisters don't rep or joke with me.

Comment

Originally posted by magok View Post
          the "make us laugh" thing because i heard that humans die from laughter
          Bring it on, br Magok. Us human are made of sterner stuff than you think!

Originally posted by Juwairiyyah View Post
          Sorry I'm not creative enough to take part, but I will be cheering for the participants, Inshaa Allah.
          I'm sure that's not true, but any support is always much appreciated. :jkk: (Maybe a judge for one of the contests?)

Originally posted by Kiro View Post
          story based
          Look forward to reading your entry, br Kiro, if the competition does go ahead, inshaa'Allah.

Originally posted by dsr478 View Post
          I'd do the make us laugh one, but my humour is too dark for this forum.
          Hmmm... Sounds a bit grim. Maybe we'll have to do a little screening test with you.
          :]

Originally posted by aynina View Post
          I like tthe artwork one though i cant thinknof a hadith right now i might find something
          Alhamdulillah. I'll be looking forward to seeing all the entries if it does go ahead, inshaa'Allah. :jkk:

Originally posted by Sarah5 View Post
          Voted! I like the making laugh competition but I feel like it'd be extremely hard over text since comedy usually requires movement, facial expressions, tone of voice, etc. Also it's not a good way to lighten things up because mixing and humor usually don't end very well.

Also women shouldn't end their voices with regards to qira'ah unles it's a female I guess.

Great ideas none the less
          I think it will really be just a big hotchpotch of everyone's favourite (halaal & clean) jokes, essentially, but in a format that's a little different. Hopefully, there isn't any room anything inappropriate, the way it will be set up, insha'Allah.

Yes, the nasheed one and the Qiraa'ah one would have to be brothers only. I should have mentioned that in the OP.

:jkk:

Originally posted by uccello verde View Post
          Maybe we could do poetry competition, ma sha'Allah those are so amazing. Or some funny and creative stuff.
          I really enjoyed the poems from the last competition. Alhamdulillah. No obligation to participate, of course, but :jkk: , inshaa'Allah sister will be one of the entrants.

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
          Or a short story
          :jkk: I'm sure there are some really, really good writers on here. I don't who said it, that there's a novel in every one of us (or something along those lines) but if it's true for a novel then it should really be the case for a short story (inshaa'Allah).

Originally posted by Abu-Yahya View Post
          Waalaykum Asalam Warahamtullahi Wabarakatuhu.

I randomly thought of re-reading a poem from the last poetry competition.

Then got a notification for this thread.

Sure I'm in, let's write some poetry.

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.
          Alhamdulillah. It's very nice to see your post, dear brother.

Hope you've been well.

And great to see you willing to participate... A poetry competition on here without you would be a little bit strange, tbh!

(Baarakallah. Alhamdulillah.)
          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
          -------------------------------
          "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
          NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.
            Alhamdulillah. It's very nice to see your post, dear brother.

Hope you've been well.

And great to see you willing to participate... A poetry competition on here without you would be a little bit strange, tbh!

(Baarakallah. Alhamdulillah.)
            Waalaykum Asalam Warahmatullah.

Nice to hear from you too. Wa feek BarakAllah.

- It would probably be even stranger with me. (Ghareeb can be translated as strange, right?)

Comment

Originally posted by Abu-Yahya View Post
              Waalaykum Asalam Warahmatullah.

Nice to hear from you too. Wa feek BarakAllah.

- It would probably be even stranger with me. (Ghareeb can be translated as strange, right?)
              :D ... Haha, looks like you'd do well in at least one of the other ones too!
              LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
              "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)

Comment

:D ... Haha, looks like you'd do well in at least one of the other ones too!
                May Allah make me better than what you presume of me

Comment

I want to be crowned as the joker.
                  ┳┻|
                  ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
                  ┳┻|⊂ノ
                  ┻┳|
                  :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post
                    I want to be crowned as the joker.

I must admit, a few of yours from the 'bicycle thread' have certainly stuck in my mind!

Br [MENTION=142665]dsr478[/MENTION]...

Question: What's green and red and goes round and round?

Answer: A Frog in a blender.

Your reaction:

A) :D :up:
                    B) :|
                    C) :[

(?)
                    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

I must admit, a few of yours from the 'bicycle thread' have certainly stuck in my mind!

Your reaction:

(?)
                      D) :rotfl: that's a good one!
                      ┳┻|
                      ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
                      ┳┻|⊂ノ
                      ┻┳|
                      :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

Comment

Your reaction:

(?)
                        I'm going with B, not dark enough.

Unless it manages to make people think you're a psychopath, the joke is not E D G Y enough.

Comment

Apologies I can't

I have other commitments that I'm not giving a 100% to and this would require time and effort

I come on here to be a bit looney, get things off my mind and away from real life
                          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                            Apologies I can't

I have other commitments that I'm not giving a 100% to and this would require time and effort

I come on here to be a bit looney, get things off my mind and away from real life
                            Yes, of course sr Ya'sin. That's absolutely fine.

(To all the other brothers and sisters who have been tagged, there's absolutely no reason at all for you to feel any need to apologise... especially since it's me who's pestering you here! )

------------------------------------------------------
                            Which ^ reminds me of an anecdote that always makes me smile....

Passenger on the train turns to fellow passenger, an extremely polite East Asian man.

Passenger:
                            Excuse me, sir, do you have the time?

Extremely polite East Asian man:
                            (Nods, smiles, shows time and tells him exuberantly) Thank you!

( :] )
                            Last edited by Fakhri; 30-10-17, 03:17 PM.
                            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

[MENTION=39142]Fakhri[/MENTION] do a poem contest, i wont take part because i dont really write anymore but id be happy to judge them with you
                              Surah Taha, Verse 69:

وَأَلْقِ مَا فِي يَمِينِكَ تَلْقَفْ مَا صَنَعُوا إِنَّمَا صَنَعُوا كَيْدُ سَاحِرٍ وَلَا يُفْلِحُ السَّاحِرُ حَيْثُ أَتَىٰ

"And throw that which is in your right hand! It will swallow up that which they have made. That which they have made is only a magician's trick,
                              and the magician will never be successful, no matter whatever amount (of skill) he may attain."

Self Help Ruqya Shari'ah Guide
                              http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...Shari-ah-Guide

Practical Self Ruqya
                              http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...=1#post7492713

Is there such a thing as good magic? by Abu Ibraheem
                              http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...y-Abu-Ibraheem

Don't fear the Jinn - Muhammad Tim Humble
                              http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...mad-Tim-Humble

Exposing Black Magic
                              http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ing+black+mgic

The History of Black Magic
                              http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...hlight=history

Real Magicians And Sorcerers
                              http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-And-Sorcerers

How to destroy a taweez ? Ruqya related questions answered
                              http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...tions-answered

Exposing Taweez...
                              http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...xposing-Taweez

Ruqyah Audio
                              http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...4-Ruqyah-Audio

Sorcerer's Plot | Arabic | English Subtitles | Every Muslim must watch this video
                              http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ing+black+mgic

Comment

Br [MENTION=36228]Simply_Logical[/MENTION] okay dear brother. Understood. (inshaa'Allah.)

----------
                                If we can get close to 10 participants for each, we can start (inshaa'aAllah) - other than no. 5. We'd probably need quite a few more for that.
                                LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Working...
                                X