Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I cant be a muslim? . I need some mental support please

Salam Alaikum all

I will make this quick.I am back at this forum as I dont know where else to turn to. I was converted to Islam 6 years ago,now I am 22.Since then I never had a happy day.My family is christian,atheist and the others in the past were grave worshipers.I am the first sunni among them and that they couldnt accept.I left home for 3 years mainly for Allah and during those 3 years I didnt even miss a fajr.Now its been 2 years I am back in my family because I live in a very poor country that is almost impossible that a 22 year old to support himself to live alone

Now I cant pray again,in Ramadhan I dont eat proper iftar,sleep without soohur and am always hiding.I got the most severe form of depression from not being able to pray.I applied to get the citizenship of another country,so I can get out of here and practice Islam,but I am waiting for that for 2 years when the waiting time is 6 months.This piece of paper can change my life and akhira.So why isnt Allah giving me that? I know I dont deserve it but I would love to have a chance.If I dont get that then I can never be a muslim.I am so afraid that Allah has abandoned me that I have mental breakdowns everyday,everyday! I wish I didnt exist.I feel like Allah doesnt want me to be a muslim,like He doesnt care about me anymore

I live in a house where there is magic,alcohol,shirk,and a fortune teller comes occasinally.I just want to get out of here,practise Islam and have a muslim wife thats all.I just dont know what to do I am loosing my mind. I dont want to go to Jannaham,even though I cant pray I make duaas everyday,I never turned my back on Allah :( ..!!

What adds to my bad condition is that,I am always alone,I feel so lonely.I wish I had some muslims to whom I could talk to.So if anybody wanna talk I dont mind who you are,what color or age you have,I just want a muslim friend...
    Anybody has any advice of what I should do,and how to attract Allah's help ? or any kind word to help me a bit to go through this?
    That would be greatly appreaciated,cuz,what I feel now I wouldnt even wish on an enemy...
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Re: Why I cant be a muslim? . I need some mental support please

Al-'Ankabut 29:2

اَحَسِبَ النَّاسُ اَنْ يُّتْرَكُوْۤا اَنْ يَّقُوْلُوْۤا اٰمَنَّا وَهُمْ لَا يُفْتَـنُوْنَ

Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?

Muhammad 47:31

وَلَـنَبْلُوَنَّكُمْ حَتّٰى نَعْلَمَ الْمُجٰهِدِيْنَ مِنْكُمْ وَالصّٰبِرِيْنَ*ۙ وَنَبْلُوَا۟ اَخْبَارَكُمْ

And We will surely test you until We make evident those who strive among you [for the cause of Allah ] and the patient, and We will test your affairs.

Al-Ahqaf 46:35

فَاصْبِرْ كَمَا صَبَرَ اُولُوا الْعَزْمِ مِنَ الرُّسُلِ وَلَا تَسْتَعْجِلْ لَّهُمْ*ؕ كَاَنَّهُمْ يَوْمَ يَرَوْنَ مَا يُوْعَدُوْنَۙ لَمْ يَلْبَثُوْۤا اِلَّا سَاعَةً مِّنْ نَّهَارٍؕ بَلٰغٌۚ فَهَلْ يُهْلَكُ اِلَّا الْقَوْمُ الْفٰسِقُوْنَ

So be patient, [O Muhammad], as were those of determination among the messengers and do not be impatient for them. It will be - on the Day they see that which they are promised - as though they had not remained [in the world] except an hour of a day. [This is] notification. And will [any] be destroyed except the defiantly disobedient people?

Brother know that when you are muslim Allah is going to test you theres no easy trip to jannah
    This life is a test you have to get through the troubles in the dunya to win jannah
    The prophets went through trials Allah tested; Prophet Nuh with a flood, Prophet Ibrahim with fire, Ya'qub with blindness, Yusuf with separation, Ayyub with illness, Zakariyyah with loneliness, Musa with tyrants, Harun with betrayal, Sulayman with kingdom and Dawud with war. عليهم السلام

You're asking, "why me?" Be patient and take honour that Allah tested you and allowed you to join the ranks of the great ones. Your tribulation is a sign of His love for you.
    Allah loves the believers who are patient He tests them and through these tests their sins are forgiven

The messenger :saw: that even the prick of a thorn will expiate sins say alhamdullilah your struggles will lead to expiation of sins but for that you have to be patient bear them and be righteous and grateful to Allah

Try to make muslim friends also go to a masjid spend time there if there no muslims or a masjid near you go somewhere like a library where u wont be near your family
    Indulge in learning about Islam
    Read Quran, tafsir,hadith,seerah
    And dont abandon salaat never if you do then your life will be over
    Start praying salaat and dont miss salaat
    And whenever you need to talk u can always come on this site and talk to fellow muslims
    Also try your best to live somewhere else

Comment

the prophet (pbuh) had a similar condition, if not worse, people were out to kill him
      "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
      me - 2017

Comment

Don't worry or get depressed about your prayer, ramadhan or anything in your environment that is not in your control. As long as you are sincere in your intentions and trying your best that is all you can do.
        Spears shall be shaken! Shields shall be splintered! a sword day..a red day..ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin, and the world’s ending!

None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

Comment

Originally posted by Aetos View Post
          What adds to my bad condition is that,I am always alone,I feel so lonely.I wish I had some muslims to whom I could talk to.So if anybody wanna talk I dont mind who you are,what color or age you have,I just want a muslim friend...
          I'm pretty sure I've seen someone mention a whatsapp group for the brothers on here. Can anyone add him?
          [MENTION=122131]Stoic Believer[/MENTION] [MENTION=113309]Linkdeutscher[/MENTION] [MENTION=118642]abufulaans[/MENTION]
          Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 17-10-17, 11:15 PM.
          "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
          - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
            I'm pretty sure I've seen someone mention a whatsapp group for the brothers on here. Can anyone add him?
            [MENTION=122131]Stoic Believer[/MENTION] [MENTION=113309]Linkdeutscher[/MENTION] [MENTION=118642]abufulaans[/MENTION]
            I'll see what I can do.

Comment

This is so sad. Please don't feel like Allah has abandoned you, Allah never abandons His slaves. The best ones are always tested the most, so you're with good company.

Can I ask why you can't pray? Do you have your own bedroom, where its possible to pray when no one is around? Its very important that you don't give up the prayer. Its our only lifeline to Allah. Even in situations where we are bed ridden or on our deathbed we can pray sitting down or even with your eyes if the situation calls for it. There are concessions. Whatever is possible for you to offer (sitting down etc) you must do it. But don't give up on it completely. Without it you will feel spiritually dead inside and even more hopeless. If you can't keep a copy of the Qur'an in your house, maybe you can listen to it on your phone. Anything you can do to make you feel closer to Allah will help. Periods of difficulty are always followed by periods of relief. It's a law of the universe. I'll make dua for you in shaa Allah. Stay strong.
              Last edited by AleaIactaEst; 18-10-17, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Allah hands the severest tests to those he loves the most, when I used to be irreligious I was tested with a series of back breaking illnesses that turned me into a loner with plenty of anxiety attacks which I never had prior confined to my room for years, the courage that Allah provided was taken away.

I made all sorts of dua's at that time and I recall during my irreligious period they were answered (but I would always go back to my old ways), then those answers stopped so I started giving significant charity to orphans abroad to make the Dua for me and this worked for a period of time (I would still go back to my old ways after recovering from the hiccup), then this also stopped, I tried to increase the money sent but to no avail. I wanted both this world and the hereafter at the same time trying to arrogantly ransom with my lord while taking the piss.

It was then when those series of illnesses struck me one by one confining me to my room and mostly in bed, my sheer arrogance that I could ransom my way out with my Lord deeply ashamed me only at that time, I misinterpreted whatever was happening as a punishment from Allah, hence I made lots of duas for to be cured as well as forgiven and the cure part was withheld for years, this ofcourse never put any doubts in me about Islam, but after an entire agonising year with no cures and all the doctors saying there is nothing wrong with you, it was at that crucial time that I almost lost hope in both forgiveness and a cure from coming, it was also at that time that I fought those feelings off intensely and Alhamdulilah triumphed by his grace.

Now that I am healthy again by his grace I look back at this situation not as a 'punishment' which I mistakenly did but as a rigorous spiritual cleanser that truly awakened me, because without going through this gut wrenching experience I would never have become the person that I am today, but this comes with a price, that price is pain laced with suffering, but pain is just weakness leaving the body, the more you experience this the more of it leaves you and the stronger you become as a result, all the Prophets and companions went through this, our Prophet lost his first 6 newborns while his only son that survived died and he was openly mocked for this at the time, imagine this happening to you for a moment ? Nabi Yusuf languished in prison for almost a decade having committed no crime whatsoever as a Prophet being dumped into a ditch as a child!

All these events make us stronger as a person if we triumph over them because we have no idea what's waiting for us around the corner, you have no idea if that country you would like to migrate to will soon face destabilisation or whether it's even good for your faith, we can only see things from a single perspective not the countless amounts of perspectives that Allah sees, maybe your being hardened, elevated so that you may become the reason some of your family members attain salvation through you and you are being readied for this task, maybe their is a nuclear holocaust on the way or a big Armageddon type of event your being spiritually prepared for to deal with, maybe death is around the corner for you and Allah is preparing you to meet him in the best possible way while washing all the sins away from you at the same time, his ultimate Justice necessitates this, you won't get special favours that other don't get, there is so much what IF's because of our limited view of perspectives.

I see a lot of parallels with your situation, everyone will face one of these moments of truth in their life when everything is turned upside down, many of these people become totally heedless and will not even be cognisant that this is a test from Allah and look to humans for solutions, others put all their trust in Allah in these moments and triumph as a result, they grow in piety and iman, while others will simply be exposed for being hypocrites like the guy that faced a certain death at sea that cried out to Allah as depicted in the Quran to be saved, but when Allah did save him, the truth was ultimately exposed because he went back to worshipping the idols.

Make plenty of supplications for patience, forbearance and that Allah keeps your heart firm on this deen at times like these, your a relatively young guy, at that age we are overcome with tremendous emotions laced with haste, remember that clemency is from Allah and haste is from Satan, no amount of friendships or even a wife will cure anything that you are currently suffering from or even a drug pushing doctor, you need to internalise that none but Allah can cure it, true happiness, contentment and rest is found in the remembrance of Allah only, no were else is this found.

Victory is very close brother, I used to be an extreme extrovert but after this experience I have become so introverted that even the weekly visit by a somewhat religious friend turns into a slight inconvenience for me because it breaks my religious routines for that day while opening me up to unnecessary sins that I normally avoid which happens frequently in group chats because you are more forgetful that Allah is listening.

Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest." (13:28)

Sahl ibn Sa’d reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Clemency is from Allah and haste is from Satan.”
                Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2012

Hadith on Hereafter: Whoever makes the Hereafter important, Allah takes care of his affairs

Zaid ibn Thabit reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever makes the world his most important matter, Allah will confound his affairs and make poverty appear before his eyes and he will not get anything from the world except what has been decreed for him. Whoever makes the Hereafter his most important matter, Allah will settle his affairs and make him content in his heart and the world will come to him although he does not want it.”
                Source: Sunan Ibn Mājah 4105

Umar ibn Abdul Aziz, may Allah have mercy on him, said, “Take care of your Hereafter and Allah will take care of your worldly life. Take care of your private life and Allah will take care of your public life.”
                Source: Kitāb al-Ikhlāṣ 50

The Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) said, “The Son of Adam is made old and grey-haired by two things: Ardent seeking (of the Dunya) and envy.” [Muslim, Ibn Majah, Ahmad]
                Last edited by Dawud21; 18-10-17, 01:10 AM.

Comment

This is all to familiar feeling brother. I have experience with this. Were I got trapped in the wrong place, time, society and I had little to zero chances of getting out of there without the Help of Allah.

Stay patient and relex as much as you can. The shayteen love to exploit such situations and misguide someone. Be patient
                  Last edited by DreamsofHope; 18-10-17, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
                    Caution must still be observed, as not everything one reads on the internet is necessarily "true". One may take the benefit of the doubt due to the brothers plight, but we must also try to protect the other brothers in that group (as their personal details might be exposed).

It is better to offer help/advice here for now.

Comment

Did somebody say mental support?

1. Exercice
                      2. Socialize
                      3. Wisdom
                      If you don't want to be criticized, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jHsq36_NTU

Comment

:salams
                        Peace be upon you.

Be strong, remember Allah throughout your day, and Allah will remember you.

Read Quran, even the translation if you can't read Arabic. Preferrably, read the Quran in the early morning the hour before the fajr prayer begins. This is one of the most important times for remembering Allah.

As other have mentioned, read about and contemplate about the life of the Prophet . In the earliest time of his Mission, he was the only Muslim. Read about what he went through, how his family, especially his uncle, turned against him and became his worst enemies. How they abused and tormented him, tried to assault him, eventually attempted to assasinate him.

Grow to love the Prophet and Allah will love you.
                        Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
                        " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Salaam Akhi

Everyone has given you excellent advice please do read take a moment to understand and reflect. Also use my site in my signature to say the duas I have there.

Akhi you are brave and you are lucky ... you are brave because you are amongst all negativity around you yet you remember Allah swt and you are lucky because you came to Islam.

Make your faith by remembering Allah swt and it will light up your world.

You are not alone I am here with you - message me whenever you want to talk.

Salute you soldier ! You have done well ! May Allah swt bring your victory soon. s.a.w . Ameen !

Peace.
                          Believer1984.com Life is about believing. A website on Islam and everything else.

Comment

أَمْ حَسِبْتُمْ أَن تَدْخُلُواْ الْجَنَّةَ وَلَمَّا يَأْتِكُم مَّثَلُ الَّذِينَ خَلَوْاْ مِن قَبْلِكُم مَّسَّتْهُمُ الْبَأْسَاء وَالضَّرَّاء وَزُلْزِلُواْ حَتَّى يَقُولَ الرَّسُولُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ مَعَهُ مَتَى نَصْرُ اللّهِ أَلا إِنَّ نَصْرَ اللّهِ قَرِيبٌ

Or do you think that you will enter Paradise while such [trial] has not yet come to you as came to those who passed on before you? They were touched by poverty and hardship and were shaken until [even their] messenger and those who believed with him said, "When is the help of Allah ?" Unquestionably, the help of Allah is near.
                            [Baqarah 214]

Abu Huraira reported that the Messenger of Allah عليه الصلاة والسلام said:

مَنْ يُرِدِ اللَّهُ بِهِ خَيْرًا يُصِبْ مِنْهُ

If Allah intends good for someone, then he afflicts him with trials.
                            [Sahih al-Bukhaari 5321]

The salaah is something you should NEVER abandon no matter what, please start praying again for your own sake. Stay strong akhi, may Allaah ease your difficulties.
                            إن الصلاة تنهى عن الفحشاء والمنكر

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                              I'll see what I can do.
                              Has the brother replied?
                              ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

Working...
                              X