Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UF WEEKLY COLLECTIVE DRIVE: Seeking the Ridaa of Allah Ta'aalaa

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.

وَالْمُؤْمِنُونَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتُ بَعْضُهُمْ أَوْلِيَاءُ بَعْضٍ ۚ يَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَيَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنْكَرِ وَيُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَيُطِيعُونَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ ۚ أُولَٰئِكَ سَيَرْحَمُهُمُ اللَّهُ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌ

The believing men and believing women are allies of one another. They enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and establish prayer and give zakah and obey Allah and His Messenger. Those - Allah will have mercy upon them. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

-Sura At-Tawbah, Ayah 71

The following is something that came to mind when reading this Ayah above earlier. I really have no Idea as to how this might turn out. It may be something which proves quite pointless, or it may be something harmful which needs to scrapped right away - or it might become something positive. Allahu a'lam.

Alhamdulillah, us brothers and sisters on here, we share a love for Allah Ta'aalaa and His Rasool :saw: which is really why we are on this forum at all, and we all want to be included amongst the people mentioned in the Aayaat.

Similar to the Collective Qur'an recitation encouragement we had (Sr Qed.), Reading the ayah had me thinking... could we not maybe have something to encourage us to do other a'maalus saalihah and increase in doing them - collectively?

The idea is that we do certain acts of ibaadah, but prior to doing them - and this is the vitally important point - we try to make a deliberate intention, by internally turning ourselves to Allah Ta'aalaa asking for His Rahmah and Ridaa, and trying to directly connect our hearts to Him (SWT).

We note down in our minds, phones, etc how many we've done in this manner, and then submit that number to the total on a form provided. This will all be completely anonymous, so no-one at all knows who it was that did it. All we know is someone from among us has (insha'Allah) done the action.

Our niyyah for doing this is gaining ajr, but for also attracting the rahmah from Allah Ta'aalaa collectively on the forum users as well as our own selves, by being an online community that is encouraging one another towards goodness.

By submitting at the end of each day (ideally) we will, insha'Allah, be making a collective total for the week, which we will then seek to improve on each week. We can think of it as a collective appeal to Allah Ta'aalaa for His Rahmah.

5 areas below we will inshaaAllah, try to log and improve on each week

A) 3 Instances of kindness to others a day, done specifically seeking the pleasure of Allah Ta'aalaa (monetary sadaqah, kind speech and attention, smile, physical help, etc). If we do more than three, we can enter that number, too (but a minimum of three).

B) Instance of sitting with Qur'an, seeking Allah Ta'aalaa. Reciting, learning, studying, memorising...

C) Instance of sitting for dhikr, seeking Allah Ta'aalaa.

D) Days of nafl fasts, seeking Allah Ta'aalaa.

E) Instance of Du'aa made for a member/members by name or the forum users in general. Insha'Allah it will be a direct means of good for us, and it will hopefully help increase rahmah between ourselves (sisters towards sisters and brothers towards brothers, with general concern and the sense of well-wishing for all, inshaa'Allah).

We would aim to see the numbers logged go up each week, pushing us towards doing more and more a'maal assaalihah, insha'Allah, or at least it could make doing these deeds more of a factor in our consciousness.

As I mentioned, this could be a non starter, or it may turn out to be something positive, insha'Allah. Thoughts and suggestions welcome.

:jkk:

(Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.)

Ml. [MENTION=101369]dar[/MENTION]ulilm
    Br [MENTION=130748]Deeni Akh[/MENTION]

Or anyone else, if you are aware that the ideas in this thread are likely to be harmful rather than positive, please do notify. Of course, ibaadah is one thing regarding which we really don't want to mix up our intentions, and it could be that I've not really thought this through properly.
    Last edited by Fakhri; 12-10-17, 11:57 PM.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Re: UF WEEKLY COLLECTIVE DRIVE: Seeking the Ridaa of Allah Ta'aalaa

I am doing this with a member of the Ummah Forum who doesn't post anymore, [MENTION=141773]Benefy[/MENTION], In sha Allah

So, we planned that in sha Allah we read Qur'an 15 minutes a day, memorize half an ayat (but I think we can do one whole ayat) a day, and pray fajr in the mosque too.

So perhaps these can be starting points on where we can start i.e. the above or other also easy ibadah

Alhamdulilah this is a really good thread, May Allah reward you for it Fakhri.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
      I am doing this with a member of the Ummah Forum who doesn't post anymore, [MENTION=141773]Benefy[/MENTION], In sha Allah

So, we planned that in sha Allah we read Qur'an 15 minutes a day, memorize half an ayat (but I think we can do one whole ayat) a day, and pray fajr in the mosque too.

So perhaps these can be starting points on where we can start i.e. the above or other also easy ibadah

:scratch:
      Nasheeds By Al-Munshid Muhammad Al-Wahaj

Comment

Originally posted by muhammadwahaj View Post
        :scratch:
        Yes, whats wrong?

Its a good deed to pray in fajr in the masjid and compulsory for brothers.

‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: To attend Fajr prayer in congregation is dearer to me than spending the night in prayer. Al-Istidhkaar (2/147).
        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Comment

:jkk: for the reminder.
          Good initiative

Comment

Yes, whats wrong?

Its a good deed to pray in fajr in the masjid and compulsory for brothers.

‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: To attend Fajr prayer in congregation is dearer to me than spending the night in prayer. Al-Istidhkaar (2/147).
            Nothing wrong for brothers. But it can be a fitna for western sisters I think. You said "we planned" so I was wondering that you planned to go for fajr being a female. Though it is not wrong, but it can cause trouble for western sisters.

Comment

Nothing wrong for brothers. But it can be a fitna for western sisters I think. You said "we planned" so I was wondering that you planned to go for fajr being a female. Though it is not wrong, but it can cause trouble for western sisters.
              The Prophet Muhammad :saw: actually taught not to forbid sisters from the mosque. Alhamdulillah fajr is at a later time here in the UK, and also if you drive its doable.

Comment

The Prophet Muhammad :saw: actually taught not to forbid sisters from the mosque. Alhamdulillah fajr is at a later time here in the UK, and also if you drive its doable.
                I am not forbidding anything sister. I am aware of that hadith. I was just saying that UK is the land of kufr, and it might be troublesome for sisters to go for fajr. But Alhamdulillah if you have resources, then you can/should.

Comment

I am not forbidding anything sister. I am aware of that hadith. I was just saying that UK is the land of kufr, and it might be troublesome for sisters to go for fajr. But Alhamdulillah if you have resources, then you can/should.
                  OK akhi, I understand now.

Comment

Alhamdulillah. That's excellent, sister.

We could add those and other things on, insha'Allah, depending on how it goes.

How is she, btw (sr Benefy)? She seemed like a good, sincere sister going through a lot of difficulties. Hopefully things are a little better than before.
                    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                    -------------------------------
                    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                      Alhamdulillah. That's excellent, sister.

We could add those and other things on, insha'Allah, depending on how it goes.

How is she, btw (sr Benefy)? She seemed like a good, sincere sister going through a lot of difficulties. Hopefully things are a little better than before.
                      Assalaamu alaikum,

Yeah sister Benefy is doing well at the moment. But honestly she is one of the most sincere people I have met in my life. She exerts a lot of effort in the way of Allah and pleasing Him.

Comment

I don't understand

Comment

Working...
                        X