Stuyding arabic/Quran in Egypt 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuyding arabic/Quran in Egypt 2017

Asalamu alikum, I'm planning to travel to Egypt to learn arabic and/or Quran (tajweed) this year winter.

I've been there several times, and studied in markaz fajr in winter 2016, but honeslty, found it a bit too pricey, considering that it's Egypt, not an expensive country generally speaking.

Does anybody know any other markaz in Nasr city, Rehab, 6th of October that's not more than 70 eu (1500 egp) per month?

I believe for learning Quran I can just go to an active mosque and ask for it. Am I wrong?

If any of the sisters are planning to go to Cairo this winter, PM me, it would be awesome to get in touch!

May Allah help us purify our niyaat, ameen!

:brf:

Re: Stuyding arabic/Quran in Egypt 2017

Originally posted by smbdukno View Post
    Asalamu alikum, I'm planning to travel to Egypt to learn arabic and/or Quran (tajweed) this year winter.

I've been there several times, and studied in markaz fajr in winter 2016, but honeslty, found it a bit too pricey, considering that it's Egypt, not an expensive country generally speaking.

Does anybody know any other markaz in Nasr city, Rehab, 6th of October that's not more than 70 eu (1500 egp) per month?

I believe for learning Quran I can just go to an active mosque and ask for it. Am I wrong?

If any of the sisters are planning to go to Cairo this winter, PM me, it would be awesome to get in touch!

First of all ... I hope you're travelling with a mahrem ... Going to learn the quran and disregarding the laws of the quran just doesn't make sense to me

Comment

Wa alaykum assalaam

Kalimah Centre. They teach using the same books as Fajr ('arabiyyatu bayna yadayk) and the headmasters of the markaz were actually former teachers from markaz Fajr.
      https://www.kalimah-center.com

I don't think they offer Qur'an classes for sisters in the masaajid, but kalimah offers tajweed classes too so maybe you could look into that.

Sister it's not permissible to go without a mahram and it's not safe either.
      Allah's Messenger ﷺ said, "Allah said, 'O son of Adam! Spend, and I shall spend on you."

https://www.crisisaid.org.uk/appeals/yemen/

Comment

Jazak Allah khair, thanks for the concern, but Egypt is not alien to me as it's my country, won't be staying alone.

Comment

Jazak Allah khair, thanks for the concern, but Egypt is not alien to me as it's my country, won't be staying alone.
          Oh ok alhamdulillaah.

If you have questions about the markaz there's a brother here who's studying there right now [MENTION=124047]Abd al-Rahman[/MENTION]
          Allah's Messenger ﷺ said, "Allah said, 'O son of Adam! Spend, and I shall spend on you."

https://www.crisisaid.org.uk/appeals/yemen/

Comment

Markaz at-Tibyan is one where my friend studied at. It's not advertised towards westerners so it's much cheaper than the big name marakiz such as Fajr.

Kalimah is also a good choice as mentioned.

There are no marakiz in Rehab.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
              Markaz at-Tibyan is one where my friend studied at. It's not advertised towards westerners so it's much cheaper than the big name marakiz such as Fajr.

Kalimah is also a good choice as mentioned.

There are no marakiz in Rehab.
              Where is markaz at-Tibyan located? Do you know if it's a good place to study at?

Comment

The concern was for travelling alone, not Egypt being alien or you staying alone.
                You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Bint Abi View Post
                  Where is markaz at-Tibyan located? Do you know if it's a good place to study at?
                  I will post the info publicly in case someone comes across it in the future:

Markaz Tibyan
                  Al Hay Al Asher, Nasr City, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
                  +20 111 957 9764

https://goo.gl/maps/Z9o36fnMBA22

As you probably know, all the institutes in Egypt are good to study at. They are pretty much on the same level due to the quality of the teachers being the same in general. There may be differences in management but that is not a problem and shouldn't be for most students.

70 euros a level is really overpriced and almost ridiculous. My wife was paying 550 Egyptian pounds at a sisters only markaz in alexandria. That's like 32 dollars a level. That's because she didn't have a western nationality.

If you have Egyptian nationality then don't show them your western passport. You will get half the price at Fajr and Kalimah. It seems at-Tibyan is the same price for all though.

Comment

Jazak Allah khair, could you please tell us what is the pice per level at Markaz At Tibyan?

Comment

Jazak Allah khair, could you please tell us what is the pice per level at Markaz At Tibyan?
                      So he just informed me that this markaz only does private courses and not group.

He (has good experience) and I recommend you study at Kalimah (they have two or three branches) and don't show them your western passport. Only show them your Egyptian ID card (if you have one) and pretend you are Egyptian.

May Allah make it easy.

Comment

Kalimah center is 50usd a level and very high quality instruction...they moved to a new building 6 months ago which has very nice facilities. Female students have their own separate floor and classes.
                        وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
                        They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X