X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobs and apprenticeships

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
    Bismillah

This past couple of months i have been going through alot of things which created alot of stress for me. Whilst being at university this did have an impact on my performance. Alhamdullilah I planned on taking a break from studies so i can have a break as well gain capital to pay for uni. But it so happened that I ended up having to retake couple exams towards the end and one of them i recently found out i failed and so my university has decided to kick me off my course. To be honest all I want to do while im here is make a halal income so I can help provide for my family. I would rather work but if it means having to study I dont mind either.

I have been applying for jobs through indeed/reed and just online searching and have been applying for some higher apprenticeships that pay reasonable and some also lead to degrees. But right now its a waiting game.

But I just wanted to know does anyone know of any websites,companies,contacts or know of anyone that can provide or inform me of a good job that I can apply for where you can make a career from and not lose after 6 months. Also one that doesnt involve any haram money or anything to do with law,legislation etc.
    Based in and around London.

JazakAllah khair

Re: Jobs and apprenticeships

Assalaamu alaikum brother

sorry to hear about your course.

Have you thought of internships or relevant voluntary work? Most will pay for lunch and travel expenses. Mine does at the moment.

Also, there is some work with the Royal Mail coming soon, the Christmas casuals one. It pays well (like almost 400 a week) but its only for the December-January period.

Apply for it. When you do your CV, leave no gaps in employment. Just put your current work on the application or leave the employment section and focus on your education.

Here is the link

https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/go/C...asuals/698901/
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Right not im looking for permanent work so I can have reliable income thats why im not looking at volunteering. Is there any difference between internships and apprenticeships?
      And i will look into royal mail.
      JazakAllah khair

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
        Right not im looking for permanent work so I can have reliable income thats why im not looking at volunteering. Is there any difference between internships and apprenticeships?
        And i will look into royal mail.
        JazakAllah khair
        Apprenticeships lead to permanent work and is training, internships are for experience in order to apply to other jobs after.
        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Oh ok jazakAllah khair for letting me know

Comment

You can try doing a HND course if you really aren't looking to go back to university. You can go to a local career advise centre and get a lot of information on what is available to you.
            You can also go to the job centre and you may be entitled to receive money while you look for a job.
            Take whatever job you can get even if it's not permanent because it will all count towards something and give you experience, it's difficult these days to find good jobs without a degree but provision is from Allah so just make a lot of dua, put your trust in Allah and take whatever opportunity comes your way.
            شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
            فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
            وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
            ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

AsSalaamu Alaikum.

I'm currently concluding a Level 4 Apprenticeship at the Civil Service which provided an entry level position at Graduate pay (around £27k inner London, £21k outside London). Find out more here: https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...apprenticeship

A viable solution to a good wage, while studying for a decent qualification which you can further at Uni (1year) and amazing CV experience which will put you ahead, already a foot on the career ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
                You can try doing a HND course if you really aren't looking to go back to university. You can go to a local career advise centre and get a lot of information on what is available to you.
                You can also go to the job centre and you may be entitled to receive money while you look for a job.
                Take whatever job you can get even if it's not permanent because it will all count towards something and give you experience, it's difficult these days to find good jobs without a degree but provision is from Allah so just make a lot of dua, put your trust in Allah and take whatever opportunity comes your way.
                To be honest i dont mind going back to university if its a good degree i just dont want to do one thats a waste of time and i want to do it the halal way
                I might work and fund my self back into university
                Im also trying to apply to apprenticeships that provide degrees
                But yh inshAllah whatever happens happens
                Allah is the provider i just have to have sabr and shoe good intentions

Comment

:wswrwb:

The best way is to go through a recruitment agency. If you live in a housing accommodation, they would likely have a recruitment department that help their residents to secure jobs.

Recruitment fairs are one to look out for too. This is the easiest way to get a job.

Also... when applying for a job, it's good to apply via the company's website. And it's even better to give them a follow up email and/or phone call to chase up your application or to just show genuine interest in the role by asking about the company etc.

This site is useful: jobsgopublic.com

May Allah grant all Muslims, halal jobs. Ameen.
                  ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah1436 View Post
                    :wswrwb:

The best way is to go through a recruitment agency. If you live in a housing accommodation, they would likely have a recruitment department that help their residents to secure jobs.

Recruitment fairs are one to look out for too. This is the easiest way to get a job.

Also... when applying for a job, it's good to apply via the company's website. And it's even better to give them a follow up email and/or phone call to chase up your application or to just show genuine interest in the role by asking about the company etc.

This site is useful: jobsgopublic.com

May Allah grant all Muslims, halal jobs. Ameen.
                    JazakAllah khair
                    Ameen

Comment

https://www.stepintothenhs.nhs.uk/apprenticeships

Comment

JazakAllah khair

Comment

May Allah make it easy for you

Can't help much because I'm up north,
                          ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

Ameen
                            No problem akhi
                            Alhamdullilah couple opportunities maybe on the way for me anyway I just have to have patience

Comment

Jobs and apprenticeships

I’m in the same situation as you except that I’ve deferred and just going to these interviews for apprenticeships/jobs

I can link you to this WhatsApp group that advertises jobs and apprenticeships for people like yourself.

May Allah make it easy for you

It’s hard, I’ve been out of full time employment for a month now!

وعليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته

I thought I was reading a thread about me -_-
                              Last edited by iRepIslam; 09-11-17, 09:55 PM.
                              إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Working...
                              X