Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

How can I play YouTube videos in the background and still use my phone to surf the net?
    I used to be able to do it, but for some reason it won't play in the background anymore :/

Re: Help

i bet youtube screwed something up again

as that whole copyright thing wasnt enough
    "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
    me - 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
      How can I play YouTube videos in the background and still use my phone to surf the net?
      I used to be able to do it, but for some reason it won't play in the background anymore :/
      Assuming you just need the audio, you can just convert the video to an audio file and put that on your phone. Google "YouTube to mp3."

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
        Assuming you just need the audio, you can just convert the video to an audio file and put that on your phone. Google "YouTube to mp3."
        Do I have to download in on my phone?

Comment

Do I have to download in on my phone?
          You can either download it from your phone, or download it on your computer and then transfer it to your phone. Then you can play the audio file in the background while doing whatever. It's annoying that you have to do all this work, but blame Google for their crappy Youtube app design.

Try this site https://ytmp3.cc/
          Last edited by Stoic Believer; 02-07-17, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
            You can either download it from your phone, or download it on your computer and then transfer it to your phone. Then you can play the audio file in the background while doing whatever. It's annoying that you have to do all this work, but blame Google for their crappy Youtube app design.

Try this site https://ytmp3.cc/
            Ok jazaak Allahu khayr

Comment

If you're in America, New Zealand or Australia, you can pay for a YouTube Red subscription, which plays videos in the background x
              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                If you're in America, New Zealand or Australia, you can pay for a YouTube Red subscription, which plays videos in the background x
                Ok Jazaakillah khayr

Comment

Had a customer complaining about the same issue. iPhone and Youtube changed the feature and you no longer can play videos in background unfortunately. You can try the option [MENTION=122131]Stoic Believer[/MENTION] suggested but that's not really convenient since you can't be downloading all videos you jstu want to stream. This is one of the features where Android trumps iOS where you can use the multi screen option.
                  اللهم يا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبي على دينك

Comment

Originally posted by ابن مرة View Post
                    Had a customer complaining about the same issue. iPhone and Youtube changed the feature and you no longer can play videos in background unfortunately. You can try the option [MENTION=122131]Stoic Believer[/MENTION] suggested but that's not really convenient since you can't be downloading all videos you jstu want to stream. This is one of the features where Android trumps iOS where you can use the multi screen option.
                    Yup unfortunately..

Comment

Ok jazaak Allahu khayr
                      Wa iyyaki.

Comment

I think using Firefox as a browser lets you play YouTube in the background
                        Even in the belly of the whale there was hope.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                          No, it's the same whether you use safari or Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                            This works for me like a charm ,mozillla that is

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,Uhibbuki mithla m ant Uhibbuki kaifam kunteeeWa mahm kna mahma sra

Comment

No, it's the same whether you use safari or Firefox.
                              Maybe it only works on android

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
                              This works for me like a charm ,mozillla that is
                              Lol sweet
                              Even in the belly of the whale there was hope.

Comment

Working...
                              X