• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reverts - A discussion

What is extreme Islam?
    We are using media linguistics.
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

Originally posted by HelloEverybody View Post
      My guess would be that she meant that people with other origin find her origin meaningless and mired with with bad practices, while they see their own culture superior.
      Yes perhaps but their own culture won't be that superior either.

Comment

Originally posted by patient believer View Post
        What is extreme Islam?
        We are using media linguistics.
        Exactly. Personally i like to think of them being wrong or misguided instead of extreme.
        Whenever i see these groups i often think back this verse:

"It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah. But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding"

Verse (3:7)

I see them as no different then the hate groups who hate islam and look for specific verses that can be interpreted towards their narrative.
        Last edited by itsgiise; 19-05-17, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by itsgiise View Post
          Exactly. Personally i like to think of them being wrong or misguided instead of extreme.
          Whenever i see these groups i often think back this verse:

"It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah. But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding"

Verse (3:7)

I see them as no different then the hate groups who hate islam and look for specific verses that can be interpreted towards their narrative.
          Don't we all do that to one degree or another?

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
            Don't we all do that to one degree or another?
            I certainly hope not.
            I'm not sure i understand, please elaborate

Comment

I certainly hope not.
              I'm not sure i understand, please elaborate
              Not intentionally, but don't we all like a certain thing, do a certain thing and gravitate towards the best of verses, ahadith, schools of fiqh that permit us to live the way we would like?

(Rather than choosing the most stringent path.)

I'm not talking about purposefully and consciously.

Comment

Not intentionally, but don't we all like a certain thing, do a certain thing and gravitate towards the best of verses, ahadith, schools of fiqh that permit us to live the way we would like?

(Rather than choosing the most stringent path.)

I'm not talking about purposefully and consciously.
                I guess we do. Never actually thought about that.
                But the verse refers to people who ignore a specific and clear verse that discourages something and look for a vague one that could potentially be interpreted as giving green light.
                hopefully most of us don't go so far.

Comment

I guess we do. Never actually thought about that.
                  But the verse refers to people who ignore a specific and clear verse that discourages something and look for a vague one that could potentially be interpreted as giving green light.
                  hopefully most of us don't go so far.
                  Probably not, Alhamdulillah.

Comment

Originally posted by patient believer View Post
                    What is extreme Islam?
                    I wonder the same thing.
                    Last edited by Muslim9281; 19-05-17, 09:16 PM.

Comment

:salams

There is something truly wrong with this thread. Why do Muslims feel compelled to judge and then manipulate reverts?

Why aren't you compelled to judge and then deal with the hypocrites and apostates who are destroying Islam and misguiding Muslims?

It seems the attention is misdirected.
                      Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
                      " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Kamel View Post
                        :salams

There is something truly wrong with this thread. Why do Muslims feel compelled to judge and then manipulate reverts?

Why aren't you compelled to judge and then deal with the hypocrites and apostates who are destroying Islam and misguiding Muslims?

It seems the attention is misdirected.
                        Waalaikumussalam ,
                        It is not a judge per ae.
                        It is an observation of someone who comes across reverts probably daily due to involvement in dawah.
                        So this is facts.
                        If some is expert in the latter bit you mentioned obviously can be discussed.

These are two dif discussions.
                        We are not discussing to put people down ,want to see what is happening.
                        About two years ago iera who are the most active group for reverts in uk mentioned so many reverts are leaving islam .why?

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

[MENTION=140612]Rifqah[/MENTION] , [MENTION=110507]aynina[/MENTION] how did you figure how to learn the different aspects of deen.
                          I presume internet was a major part of your study.

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
                            :wswrwb:

One of the biggest risks for females (more so than men) is that they get desperate to find attachment that they end up marrying a dud and realise a bit too late.
                            It used to be the case ,now times have changed ,lot of online advice ,more opportunities and learning resources has led to a reduction.
                            Think marriage was seen as a an alrternate way to learn the deen ,so you become solely dependant on your husbands knowledge and lifestyle

Comment

I only know of one sister who was drawn to the extremist side of Islam and she moved away from the UK in search of something she couldn't find here.

We saw things differently even though we wanted the same thing, to affect change. Mine was always internal and hers external. We had many long discussions about it and how black and white her thinking was as opposed to my various shades of grey (depending on the variables of any given situation).

As a convert myself, there's a search for certainly which draws you to a more literal approach of Islam. I was blessed Alhamdulillah, to have a caring Muslim warn me against this early on and I've not forgotten their advice.

Never be apprehensive to warn converts about pitfalls and dangers, I welcome any helpful advice no matter how many people say the same thing and I'm sure others would too Inshallah
                              Who you talk to or trust their word ,dont you think is the one that could lead to possibly siding or taking an extreme view.
                              For example your advisor happens to be a shia lets say and then you tend to begin probably hating sunnis.
                              But of course I understand you got to talk to someone and its probably always a close friend or colleague etc.
                              This is an extreme example but sometimes it can be confusing right to know where to go for knowledge.

How do you overcome a situation like this.

We pray Allah swt keeps us all in the straight path ameen.

Forgive me if it is too personal question..A generalistic answer probably is best
                              Last edited by muzzybee; 20-05-17, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post
                                I wonder why the reverts go after the extremists though. As non muslims before, they should know better about the nutjobs around.
                                Perhaps you can give insight into this then. I've always been curious about those attracted to those extremist( don't think we should call it this, they plain wrong).
                                How do they rationalise what these groups are doing to innocent people, let alone the horrific things they do to other innocent muslims ?
                                How do they look past these things when they join these groups.
                                Well in my case, I did not get involved with them because I was "drawn" to them. I was scared of them in the beginning. They would quote text from the Quran and Sunnah to justify their views so that is what caused me to end up with that kind of crowd. They just happened to be the only ones giving dawah on the platforms I used.
                                Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 20-05-17, 02:19 AM.
                                "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
                                - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
                                X