Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RACE TO 500: Brothers Vs Sisters (24:30) - (2. Good Character & Honouring Others.)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RACE TO 500: Brothers Vs Sisters (24:30) - (2. Good Character & Honouring Others.)

Bismillahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem.

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.

Details in this thread:

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...48#post7356648

Round 1. (Justice, Integrity, Honesty)
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...grity-Honesty-)

Brothers Vs Sisters Challenge.

Let's channel some of the our famous debating energies by competing in this healthy rivalry instead.

Tasks, mini competitions and quizzes to score points.

RULES:

NO AUTOMATED SEARCHES internet, app search, or asking others, etc. Only manual searching of books, apps and memory (!)

Muliple choice questions mean deducted points for incorrect answer and only one answer allowed per person.

We are Muslims, be mindful of Allah Ta'aalaa. No cheating in big things or small things.

Please do keep things strictly free of joking between genders those who do post on here - warned the thread will be closed if that goes on.

(Time for start not set)
    15-25 questions to be asked on the following topic, InshaaAllah:

Good Character & Honouring Others

Brothers, Need to win this!
    Sisters, Prepare for onslaught!

(And yes. Once more, Not now. When it starts . InshaaAllah.)

muslim-man-woman.jpg

CURRENT SCORE:
    Brothers: 24
    Sisters:30

(Each round is a fresh contest but the points are added each time to the overall scores.)

IMPORTANT

Please remember, dear brothers and respected sisters, our goal is to refresh our minds of the teachings on these topics so that we are, inshaaAllah, more mindful of acting on them and bringing them into/strengthening them in our lives.

:jkk:
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Re: RACE TO 500: Brothers Vs Sisters (24:30) - (2. Good Character & Honouring Others.

*subscribed

Comment

Re: RACE TO 500: Brothers Vs Sisters (24:30) - (2. Good Character & Honouring Others.

Nice. Again, prepare for some ruthlessness.

Last time I had to leave for about an hour, or else we all know what the result would have been (this is just pre-game trash talk)

Comment

When is it akhi? Good thread
        Ya Allah,
        Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
        "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

Huh? How do we already have 30 points?
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
            Because we played last time sis, you must have missed it. I think Br. Fakhri provided the link to the other thread at the top, he usually does link his threads.

So the sisters won 30 points already.

aynina can you revise the topic Inshallah? Good character and honouring others.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
              Because we played last time sis, you must have missed it. I think Br. Fakhri provided the link to the other thread at the top, he usually does link his threads.

So the sisters won 30 points already.

aynina can you revise the topic Inshallah? Good character and honouring others.
              Sis im not sure if iwould be any good at this, i do have things pop up in my mind but i cant really speak before i double check in case i say something stupid, i do this a lot and then i feel really stupid and embarrassed
              يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post

I think I tagged sister at the time, since she was online at the time, along with a few others.

Round one (see link on OP) was quite a tussle. Bros took the lead then relaxed... And a combination of Sr -qed- , Sr Cupboard and Sr Rifqah, along with a few others left us brothers in the dust. Tried to claw our way back into it with Br A.Basheer and Br Deeni Akh. Too little too late, though.

Brothers:
                [MENTION=41145]Theistic[/MENTION]
                [MENTION=139017]Thunderstorm[/MENTION] [MENTION=130748]Deeni Akh[/MENTION]

Sisters
                [MENTION=131974]Creamcake[/MENTION]
                [MENTION=140302]lonelyniqabi[/MENTION] [MENTION=130730]Rumaysah~[/MENTION]

The topic has been given, so inshaaAllah, we all have an idea of what to expect.

Planned time for this...

Sunday 3:00 PM (UK TIME) inshaaAllah.

(I'll try my best to make sure it goes ahead on that time, inshaaAllah. Still, there are quite a few things going on that might derail it, so letting it be known now in case it doesn't.)
                Last edited by Fakhri; 21-04-17, 08:58 PM.
                LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                -------------------------------
                "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Oh okay i will try to be there in sha Allah

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

I can't take part..my work schedule is 10am to 10pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday..:/ :(
                    If I wasn't working..I would have though. Really good idea,br Fakhri. Jazakhallahu khairan for organising it
                    And c'mon sisters we can do it! [MENTION=123920]-qed-[/MENTION] gyaldem you best be in this :) lool
                    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
                    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                      I can't take part..my work schedule is 10am to 10pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday..:/ :(
                      If I wasn't working..I would have though. Really good idea,br Fakhri. Jazakhallahu khairan for organising it
                      And c'mon sisters we can do it! [MENTION=123920]-qed-[/MENTION] gyaldem you best be in this :) lool
                      Me too, I have to work Sunday this week Inshallah so I will be rooting for us sisters in spirit along with sister Creamcake

Cmon sisters!

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                        Not sure if I can. I need to go to a dinner on Sunday but not sure what time it ends. Good topic though :up:
                        Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

Hey how come I'm not in it... what about the ruthlessness

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                            I think I tagged sister at the time, since she was online at the time, along with a few others.

Round one (see link on OP) was quite a tussle. Bros took the lead then relaxed... And a combination of Sr -qed- , Sr Cupboard and Sr Rifqah, along with a few others left us brothers in the dust. Tried to claw our way back into it with Br A.Basheer and Br Deeni Akh. Too little too late, though.

Brothers:
                            @Theistic
                            @Thunderstorm @Deeni Akh

Sisters
                            @Creamcake
                            @lonelyniqabi @Rumaysah~

The topic has been given, so inshaaAllah, we all have an idea of what to expect.

Planned time for this...

Sunday 3:00 PM (UK TIME) inshaaAllah.

(I'll try my best to make sure it goes ahead on that time, inshaaAllah. Still, there are quite a few things going on that might derail it, so letting it be known now in case it doesn't.)

Nice timing. I will participate InshaaAllah.

Comment

I have to get ready for a class at that time but I'll try to come on for a bit. :jkk:

Comment

Working...
                              X