Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

moving to Asia (malaysia, singapore and indonesia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving to Asia (malaysia, singapore and indonesia)

does anyone know know how life is there in those countries? can a foreign person get citizenship/ a decent job? how are black ppl treated? weather?

Re: moving to Asia (malaysia, singapore and indonesia)

Sorry I don't know know much about life life in those countries.

However I do know that the weather is tropical. Unbearable for a person like myself.
    Africans etc are treated fine I'm sure (I hope).

Comment

Originally posted by nfrt View Post
      does anyone know know how life is there in those countries? can a foreign person get citizenship/ a decent job? how are black ppl treated? weather?
      Where do you live currently?

Comment

I am going to mainly focus on Indonesia cuz I live here so here it goes: first if you can speak Indonesian, finding a job won't be hard if you're qualified. if you're good with English or Malay or Chinese but no Indonesian, it will be difficult but eventually, u will find it. the weather is rainy/ hot and sticky the majority of the year. now for the treatment of black ppl. it really depends on what kind of black we are talking about? if you're light skinned aka brownish u won't has any real problems, but expect to be considered exotic. if you're Somali, then u r also good. most Somalis here are considered hard workers who are good with shipping stuff, plus they tend to have Muslim names so ppl tend to like them. and now comes Africans and western blacks: it is kinda bad. most immigrant criminals tend to come from these groups and usually they never assimilate etc.

in Malaysia, because the barely ever see black ppl, they are considered exotic etc don't know if that is a bad thing or not.

citizenship is really hard to get here in Indonesia. u usually have to live here for 5 years before u can apply. then it usually takes 2 or 3 years to get the interviews. you would be tested on your basic civics, your Indonesian(writing, reading and speaking) you pay something like $500 and if u don't have a criminal record and u have a good job, u get ur citizenship.

I would not really recommend Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by nfrt View Post
          I don't know much about those countries so I won't presume to answer for them

But my advice to you is that if you pick Indonesia, try to look for a position with a western company, one that pays $30,000+ a year, and you could live very comfortably
          وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
          They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Comment

Originally posted by Abd al-Rahman View Post
            I don't know much about those countries so I won't presume to answer for them

But my advice to you is that if you pick Indonesia, try to look for a position with a western company, one that pays $30,000+ a year, and you could live very comfortably
            30k is not going happen. the average salary here is 15k usd. Also outside of shipping, most western companies pay less than 20k usd.

Comment

Its not easy bro.....I M trying to move back to my home country ....from uk and it is quite a change..jobs are hard pay scales are different ,if you are single it might be easier if not you need some familiarity with the terrain you are moving into.
              Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

i'm an indonesian and if i could choose i would prefer malay.
                I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Comment

Malaysia and Singapore seem more developed than Indonesia.
                  "What is asked today is uniting the ranks of the Muwahideen, and to re-unite the Muslims. And directing the efforts to confront the challenges/threats of the Majoos, Tawagith and their donkeys the Murji'ah and the secularists."- Shayk Sulayman Al Alwan

Comment

Originally posted by Mountainbiker View Post
                    30k is not going happen. the average salary here is 15k usd. Also outside of shipping, most western companies pay less than 20k usd.
                    Tragic, insha'Allah he should save up a bit before he leaves
                    وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
                    They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Comment

Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post
                      i'm an indonesian and if i could choose i would prefer malay.
                      Lol why?

Can i ask you something? Are indonesian women willing to marry a man who is not indonesian?

Comment

I'm from Singapore. It's a mix of races here. If you're black, I'd generally say you'd be seen as someone exotic. I've seen plenty of these people around and seen them around in public. Expats make up nearly half the populations here because this country's a bit more globalized ( as compared to Indonesia and Malaysia), there's plenty of foreigners around. Not too sure about racist treatment or anything though. It really depends on how people treat you.

You can get citizenship here but I think you gotta have work permit first or something. Stay here for a couple of years and you can get PR status (Permanent Resident).
                        https://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=132#Whomayapply

Weather here is tropical, humid & sunny all year round. Rains ocassionally ( November to April), gets pretty humid in other months.
                        Last edited by nudgetheputri; 12-03-17, 05:48 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=139316]muslim singafuri[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Abd al-Rahman View Post
                            Lol why?

Can i ask you something?
                            I'm not indo, but here's a guess.

The only indonesians who are religious are the Sumatran Indonesians. Javanese Indonesians are not very religious. And the indonesian government is as secular as the one here in Bangladesh.

The malaysian government is more sympathetic to islam than the indonesian one. The malay people also have that 'malaysian islamic identity' thing going for them.

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
                              I'm from Singapore. It's a mix of races here. If you're black, I'd generally say you'd be seen as someone exotic. I've seen plenty of these people around and seen them around in public. Expats make up nearly half the populations here because this country's a bit more globalized ( as compared to Indonesia and Malaysia), there's plenty of foreigners around. Not too sure about racist treatment or anything though. It really depends on how people treat you.

You can get citizenship here but I think you gotta have work permit first or something. Stay here for a couple of years and you can get PR status (Permanent Resident).
                              https://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=132#Whomayapply

Weather here is tropical, humid & sunny all year round. Rains ocassionally ( November to April), gets pretty humid in other months.
                              How hard is NUS?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X