• Show
Clear All

Goodness Donation Box: Forum Use (Voluntary) Fee! :]

Bismillahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem

كُلُّ مَعْرُوفٍ صَدَقَةٌ
    "Every good deed is charity."
    (Muslim)

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.

Dear Brothers and sisters, each one of us is wealthy with eemaan (alhamdulillah), yet we are also poor with our deeds before Allah Ta'aalaa and our mindfulness of Him.

Please let every one of us donate some goodness here or elsewhere each time/day we use the forum, InshaaAllah

- An Ayaah
    - A Hadith
    - Blessed words of wisdom
    - A word of dhikr (Tasbeeh, Hamd, etc)
    - A reminder (A word, sentence, paragraphs, etc)
    - Kind word of support for another member*
    - A post to make us smile but with the name of Allah mentioned in it somewhere (even if 'Alhamdulillah' or similar at the end)...

...And similar things of a blessed, pure, beneficial, good nature, InshaaAllah. We may keep it short and sweet or long and wholesome - as we wish...

*(Let us be cautious with praise, and also refrain from tagging the opposite gender and in posting that which is controversial)

Let us donate generously. We don't lose anything, we only gain, hopefully others do too and inshaAllah, it invites the Rahmah of Allah Ta'aalaa upon us.

By Time. Indeed mankind is in loss.
    Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience. (
    Surah Al-Asr)

(The above is my own, InshaaAllah, to start things off - and also a reason behind the thread.)

More than one item/post at a time is very much welcome.

:jkk:

(May Allah Ta'aalaa enable us all to use this forum in a way that is pleasing to Him.)
    Last edited by Fakhri; 21-01-17, 09:42 PM.
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Re: Goodness Donation Box: Forum Use (Voluntary) Fee! :]

Shaddad ibn Aws reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَتَبَ الْإِحْسَانَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ فَإِذَا قَتَلْتُمْ فَأَحْسِنُوا الْقِتْلَةَ وَإِذَا ذَبَحْتُمْ فَأَحْسِنُوا الذَّبْحَ وَلْيُحِدَّ أَحَدُكُمْ شَفْرَتَهُ فَلْيُرِحْ ذَبِيحَتَهُ

Verily, Allah has prescribed excellence in everything. So if you have to kill, then kill in the best manner. If you slaughter, then slaughter in the best manner. Let one of you sharpen his knife so his animal feels no pain.

Comment

Ibn Abbas reported: I was riding with the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, and he said:

يَا غُلَامُ إِنِّي أُعَلِّمُكَ كَلِمَاتٍ احْفَظْ اللَّهَ يَحْفَظْكَ احْفَظْ اللَّهَ تَجِدْهُ تُجَاهَكَ إِذَا سَأَلْتَ فَاسْأَلْ اللَّهَ وَإِذَا اسْتَعَنْتَ فَاسْتَعِنْ بِاللَّهِ وَاعْلَمْ أَنَّ الْأُمَّةَ لَوْ اجْتَمَعَتْ عَلَى أَنْ يَنْفَعُوكَ بِشَيْءٍ لَمْ يَنْفَعُوكَ إِلَّا بِشَيْءٍ قَدْ كَتَبَهُ اللَّهُ لَكَ وَلَوْ اجْتَمَعُوا عَلَى أَنْ يَضُرُّوكَ بِشَيْءٍ لَمْ يَضُرُّوكَ إِلَّا بِشَيْءٍ قَدْ كَتَبَهُ اللَّهُ عَلَيْكَ رُفِعَتْ الْأَقْلَامُ وَجَفَّتْ الصُّحُفُ

O young man, I will teach you some words. Be mindful of Allah and He will protect you. Be mindful of Allah and you will find Him before you. If you ask, ask from Allah. If you seek help, seek help from Allah. Know that if the nations gathered together to benefit you, they cannot benefit you unless Allah has written it for you, and if the nations gathered together to harm you, they cannot harm you unless Allah has written it for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages dried.

Comment

Walaykum salam,

Just wanted to point out that the word "charity" is not used in the Quran or the Sunnah at all, in fact the word charity is a mistranslation. The scriptures refer to either Zakah (which was more of a tax) or as in the case of the quote below Sadaqah, which was a broader term for good deeds in general such as a smile is sadaqa (rewardable deed). Zakah is fard and we are sinful for not doing it. Sadaqa is not fard and we are not sinful for refraining from it. That doesn't mean we avoid sadaqa, it just means we should understand it in it's context that it is not an obligation upon us and it is not charity.

NB: should also point out that Fakhri used the term Sadaqa in the correct context in the OP and I like quoting Surah Asr in my show too :)

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
        Bismillahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem

كُلُّ مَعْرُوفٍ صَدَقَةٌ
        "Every good deed is charity."
        (Muslim)
        Last edited by neelu; 21-01-17, 10:47 PM.
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Aayah
          َ
          مَثَلُ الَّذِينَ يُنْفِقُونَ أَمْوَالَهُمْ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ كَمَثَلِ حَبَّةٍ أَنْبَتَتْ سَبْعَ سَنَابِلَ فِي كُلِّ سُنْبُلَةٍ مِائَةُ حَبَّةٍ ۗ وَاللَّهُ يُضَاعِفُ لِمَنْ يَشَاءُ ۗ وَاللَّهُ وَاسِعٌ عَلِيمٌ

The example of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is like a seed [of grain] which grows seven spikes; in each spike is a hundred grains. And Allah multiplies [His reward] for whom He wills. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing. (2:261)
          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
          "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)

Comment

Hadith

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah said: ‘Spend, O son of Adam, and I shall spend on you.’” (Bukhari & Muslim,)
            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

“Indeed sadaqah has a great effect in repelling different types of trials and tribulations, even if the charity was given by an evil or an oppressive person, even (if it was given) by a non-Muslim! Indeed Allaah, The Most High, repels different types of trials and tribulations due to giving sadaqah. This is a matter which is well-known to the scholars and the general folk and the people on the earth can relate to it as they have experienced it.” (Ibn ul-Qayyim - ra)

[Al-Wabil as-Sayyib, 1/49]
              LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Subhaanallah. Alhamdulillah. Allahu Akbar.
                LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Let us not dismiss any good deeds, however small we may initially think them as being. Who knows how much they weigh with our Gracious Creator (swt) - Ash-Shakoor, Al-Kareem, Ar-Raheem?
                  Last edited by Fakhri; 21-01-17, 11:52 PM.
                  LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

0c533a9a5ac4284b48fb12dff1037338.jpg
                    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Reminder for us to kindly remember:

Br [MENTION=3674]Riaz[/MENTION]
                      Br [MENTION=28098]Believer1984[/MENTION]

In our du'aas.

(Allah Ta'aalaa relieve their burdens and make their struggles a means for elevation in His Sight.)
                      LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Narrated Ibn Jaz:
                        "I have not seen anyone who smiled more than the Messenger of Allah "
                        حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ لَهِيعَةَ، عَنْ عُبَيْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ الْمُغِيرَةِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ الْحَارِثِ بْنِ جَزْءٍ، قَالَ مَا رَأَيْتُ أَحَدًا أَكْثَرَ تَبَسُّمًا مِنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ غَرِيبٌ ‏.‏ ) -Tirmidhi

Comment

Reminders to the SELF and anyone else

I should live in shyness before My Exalted Creator (swt) in how I move and speak and in the thoughts I hold within me.
                          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Please make dua'a for sister [MENTION=133616]Lavender[/MENTION], I haven't seen her here for a while.

Comment

Surah Al-Anaam, Verse 19:

قُلْ أَيُّ شَيْءٍ أَكْبَرُ شَهَادَةً قُلِ اللَّهُ شَهِيدٌ بَيْنِي وَبَيْنَكُمْ وَأُوحِيَ إِلَيَّ هَٰذَا الْقُرْآنُ لِأُنذِرَكُم بِهِ وَمَن بَلَغَ أَئِنَّكُمْ لَتَشْهَدُونَ أَنَّ مَعَ اللَّهِ آلِهَةً أُخْرَىٰ قُل لَّا أَشْهَدُ قُلْ إِنَّمَا هُوَ إِلَٰهٌ وَاحِدٌ وَإِنَّنِي بَرِيءٌ مِّمَّا تُشْرِكُونَ

Say: What thing is the weightiest in testimony? Say: Allah is witness between you and me; and this Quran has been revealed to me that with it I may warn you and whomsoever it reaches. Do you really bear witness that there are other gods with Allah? Say: I do not bear witness. Say: He is only one Allah, and surely I am clear of that which you set up (with Him).

(English - Shakir)
                              ┳┻|
                              ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
                              ┳┻|⊂ノ
                              ┻┳|
                              :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

Comment

Working...
                              X