Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Muslims interested in science? I think not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are Muslims interested in science? I think not.

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
    http://emc2fails.com
    You can see his picture and then you will be able to identify whether it is your brother or not.

awks

didn`t see the link
    "O you who are patient! Bear a little, just a little more remains
    :sorrow:

Enter your emotion and it gives you a dua!

Comment

science never did anything for me
      How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

I'm am very interested in Science, especially when it has beneficial practical applications. It is just a study of the creation of Allah at the end of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C64WMpQ746g

Comment

No offense, mate, I just find science boring. always hated it in school. Muslims who like science can probably be found in a science forum.

Comment

This is the science version of what Muslims do with Islamic scholarship. However, criticizing scholarship without being qualified does not gain any traction in the scientific world, unlike the situation with laymen trying to refute scholars in Islam these days.

Comment

Originally posted by abdulsidd View Post
              This is the science version of what Muslims do with Islamic scholarship. However, criticizing scholarship without being qualified does not gain any traction in the scientific world, unlike the situation with laymen trying to refute scholars in Islam these days.
              Consider the following statement, one that is commonly made concerning the relativity theories:
              Einstein's theories are one of the best tested and verified theories in modern physics.
              Anyone can take a position on the above statement based on:
              1) He has studied the basics of physics and feels confident enough that he could take a position on the statement.
              2) He himself does not know physics, but he has a trusted friend who has studied physics and told him the view is true - or false. As he knows this friend of his very well, he put his trust in his opinion.
              3) He has not much of a knowledge of the basics of physics. He has learned through the media many qualified physicists expressing that opinion and he believes in the words of those physicists.

Best regards,
              Chan Rasjid, Kah Chew
              Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by Chan Rasjid View Post
                Consider the following statement, one that is commonly made concerning the relativity theories:

Anyone can take a position on the above statement based on:
                1) He has studied the basics of physics and feels confident enough that he could take a position on the statement.
                2) He himself does not know physics, but he has a trusted friend who has studied physics and told him the view is true - or false. As he knows this friend of his very well, he put his trust in his opinion.
                3) He has not much of a knowledge of the basics of physics. He has learned through the media many qualified physicists expressing that opinion and he believes in the words of those physicists.

Best regards,
                Chan Rasjid, Kah Chew
                Singapore.
                Exactly my point.

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
                  science never did anything for me
                  Yeah, except get you a job that you have now. -_-
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by abdulsidd View Post
                    Exactly my point.
                    I misunderstood your comments and was a little disappointed that it comes from a Muslim.

Talking generally. A question. Should we trust the words of experts who are qualified? Yes or No? Does it also apply to Muslims in general? My answer:
                    Yes and No.
                    Nowadays, you can only practice "daylight" medicine if you qualify as an expert - have a license through six years of hard struggle in a university and then two years of housemanship. We all trust doctors. When our child has a fever, we bring him to the doctor. Usually the child recovers very fast with today's antibiotics. Yes! We trust the experts.

Now, say you live in country X. The government says its doctors are the best qualified in the world after Y years of university education with N years of housemanship. The statistics on record is this:
                    For every three person who have a fever or common ailment and who receive medications from the "expert" doctors, one die three days after!
                    What would you do if your child has a fever?
                    You bring your child to the village herbalist for treatment.
                    Now, the qualified "expert" physicists from CERN told you they have finally detected the Higgs boson - the God particle,etc... and those LIGO scientists told you they have finally detected gravitational waves as predicted by Einstein's general relativity theory.
                    What should you believe in? Nothing really.
                    How many of you have been told by your next door neighbor that their child found an Higg's boson while playing at the playground? How many of you have your uncle, auntie telling you of being shaken awake at night being hit by gravitational waves?
                    (Trusted) Experience is the Mother of the scientific method.
                    To be a Muslim is not just about how many hadiths he could show his friends he has memorized nor the number of ayats of the Quran he could recite, but also whether he could distinguish the light from darkness.

Best regards,
                    Chan Rasjid, Kah Chew
                    Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                      Yeah, except get you a job that you have now. -_-
                      that isn't that great
                      How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Hello,

Ray Flemming is a qualified physicists with a B.Sc physics from an American university working as a physicists. He mentions he did not go for higher degrees in physics as he found false physics being taught despite their being false - patenly(?). He wrote a blog with about 52 Greatest Lies in physics.

Blog of Ray Flemming "Lies in Physics":
                        wwwwwwwww....physicsheretic.....com/lie-52-w-z-particles/

homepag of Ray Flemming:
                        ...//.....rayfleming.com/

my website:
                        wwwwwwwwwwww....emc2fails.com

Best regards,
                        Chan Rasjid, Kah Chew
                        Singapore.

Comment

"Are Muslims interested in science? I think not."

With all due respect, this is a very offensive title. You are alleging that Muslims don't love science, which is inaccurate.

As a Muslim, I am definitely interested in science. I study science whenever I find an opportunity. I love physics and chemistry (although biology really bores me).

If science contradicts Islam (for example - evolution theory), then I don't support it. Other than that, I support science. Quran has lots of science in it.
                          Last edited by anonguy123; 27-10-16, 02:41 AM.

Comment

If I were to complain about "our Muslim ummah" or make a recommendation about this ummah forum, it is this:
                            Muslims have no interest in science.
                            My assertion is a fact.

This ummah.com may be the most active online Muslim forum in all of internet. Where is the subforum:"Science". How much does science fit and occupy in the daily life of the average Muslim? If there is a Science subforum, how active do you think it would be? The current Muslim world's interest in science is to "believe" just as they have beliefs and faiths in certain words told them - this is the current Muslim community's interest in science. The Muslims "believe" in the science told them through the media.
                            The foundation of science is not in beliefs.
                            Best regards,
                            Chan Rasjid, Kah Chew
                            Singapore.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X