X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim Reverts Put-Up With a Lot of Casual Racism

https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...casual-racism/

Full article linked top of the post.

Though it's not this grim in big cities, these sorts of incidents of casual racism are the norm for most reverts and most Asian Muslims (who form the overwhelming majority of Muslims in the UK) seem to be in a total state of denial about the problem.
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Re: Muslim Reverts Put-Up With a Lot of Casual Racism

This problem is not limited to the U.K

Where ever you see born Muslim a.k.a ***real Muslims***
    You will find this problem, and it's even worse when you see this attitude from the so called practicing Muslims.

They run after white revert girls like a dog runs when you throw a stick.
    But when they find a black sister all of a sudden they vanish..
    They show off how helpful they are to Muslim community by helping a Revert in front of an audience...
    However, after they use the revert to gain fame, their supposed love vanishes, and some are literally rude..

The ones who do wanna give their daughter in marriage are divorcees.... And these divorcees didn't wanna marry a revert at first time.

Ohh. , some actually don't practice Islam themselves but will judge a revert if he doesn't have a beard / hijab etc.

So, it's a blessing in disguise that you are not marrying off springs of such people, because who knows what they will teach your kids!! From wishing Christmas to saying interest is halaal to everything that is not legislated...

An Arab says they are discriminated by west, but they themselves rape , torture the labour and people from 3 Rd world countries, and they think if someone became Muslim in an Arab country then its because they wanted favor and job or monetary benefits.

And in third world countries they say they are discriminated by the kuffars, and yet they do same thing with reverts...

Ahhh.. the real Muslims are just duhhh
    Last edited by Doobie; 18-10-16, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doobie View Post
      This problem is not limited to the U.K

Where ever you see born Muslim a.k.a ***real Muslims***
      You will find this problem, and it's even worse when you see this attitude from the so called practicing Muslims.

They run after white revert girls like a dog runs when you throw a stick.
      But when they find a black sister all of a sudden they vanish..
      They show off how helpful they are to Muslim community by helping a Revert in front of an audience...
      However, after they use the revert to gain fame, their supposed love vanishes, and some are literally rude..

The ones who do wanna give their daughter in marriage are divorcees.... And these divorcees didn't wanna marry a revert at first time.

Ohh. , some actually don't practice Islam themselves but will judge a revert if he doesn't have a beard / hijab etc.

So, it's a blessing in disguise that you are not marrying off springs of such people, because who knows what they will teach your kids!! From wishing Christmas to saying interest is halaal to everything that is not legislated...

An Arab says they are discriminated by west, but they themselves rape , torture the labour and people from 3 Rd world countries, and they think if someone became Muslim in an Arab country then its because they wanted favor and job or monetary benefits.

And in third world countries they say they are discriminated by the kuffars, and yet they do same thing with reverts...

Ahhh.. the real Muslims are just duhhh
      Well said third world countries are the biggest exploiters of the blood of their own people

Comment

How disappointing

We should be embracing these people and welcoming them, not formulating theories, assumptions and accusations

If someone says they're muslim, then we should accept that unless we have evidence to say otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by Faith reloaded View Post
          How disappointing

We should be embracing these people and welcoming them, not formulating theories, assumptions and accusations

If someone says they're muslim, then we should accept that unless we have evidence to say otherwise
          I've been dressed in a thobe, huge ginger beard, entering a masjid and someone stopped me to ask if I was Muslim
          FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

What is wrong with people?
            And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
            http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

It's an even broader qualm than that.

The ummah is immune to criticism and change because it's all passed off as some kind of attack on Islam, because the racists want to keep their racism, and how do you repel people from criticising it?; Denounce their attack on it as an attack on Islam so that even if they prove you wrong, you can hide behind taqlid of some sort, guilt-tripping, demand for tolerance and so on. Literally abusing the holy and the good for the sake of personal opinions and vice.
              Our peoples are probably the most racist, intolerant, bigoted peoples on the planet because of this, which is why we collectively behave like SJWs and keep a collection of minority- and victim complexes in our backpack.
              People keep complaining that "whitey" is robbing them their entire life, but half of them are bending over backwards in the west to sate the insatiable, irrational demands of minorities. He got out of your ghetto and gives you money for the virtue of your foreignness, even if it's for the sake of his image, but you're getting what you need and want, so why is your purely immigrant neighbourhood cluttered with wrappers, garbage and urine? Even us, although we've been deemed better by concerned indigenous people since we assimilate better, but we're white and we complain about the big bad whitey in the west stumping our prosperity. But we pass it off as "kuffar" so the illusion lives on. Not to say the political status quo the EU, US, NATO and UN induced in our country isn't their fault, but John Doe doesn't even know that happened, and the political problems didn't follow you on your way out of your country.
              And there's an unhealthy divide being cultivated that you're either for the racists(or whatever other ideology the individual is shoveling in) or against Islam, makes you look like you're a modernist if you say some bearded, thawb-wearing guy is screaming at the top of his lungs to a kaafir, is wrong to do that, because he's superficially the most muslim man on earth and that always wins in the public sphere, and why aren't you being more like that super-muslim? Must be because you're a deviant. Our criminals are untouchable, but their criminals are unforgivable. And our behaviour fuels the hostile kuffar's stance, and their hostility fuels our behaviour and self-fulfills the prophecy that "they're out to get us", and simple muslims and simple kuffar get caught in the crossfire as if it wasn't enough that the rabid players of both sides were polarized already.
              And so, we'll perpetually remain in a social quagmire and have the type of societies we have in the Middle East and in our ghettos in the west, and the people who welcomed us in from our homelessness are to blame for all the ails in the world, we'll just rest in our laurels and milk the system as far as the eye can see.

But the worst part is that the kuffar who hate us use this like shayateen do; you have a valid point in that there's a nuissance in the muslim community, so that more people can latch on, even if casually on some arm-lengths distance, but they can't say no to agreeing with what they're seeing in us, but being that most people didn't ponder through the universe in one sitting, they can't discern that they're being played for fools ultimately by nazis whose intention is to pragmatically bring any foreign influences down, even if we were angels they would complain, but you can't tell that anymore on that level if they have a valid complaint somewhere to jerk around.
              And not only does this put the laymen at odds with us who were otherwise very likely to be part of us - because normal people in jahiliyyah aren't prone to rabid disbelief but like sense and sensibility - but our own youth, of whom there are ones susceptible to shallow judgements and knee-jerk reactions, are averse to their own heritage. Then a blundering boob like Sam Harris picks up on it for his own agenda and fisabilidirham-wal-dinar, and you have to agree on that one point, if you don't then you have to defend untruth, and if you avoid it then you seem suspicious. And I loooooathe granting them anything, knowing what their goal is with it. And we, as a whole, put ourselves in that position.
              Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

[MENTION=139017]Thunderstorm[/MENTION] although I don't agree with everything you have said, you have pretty much summed up a lot of the issues facing Muslims.

I think we're getting better, though. Many people are putting deen before culture and trying to take part in the local community. We all have to start on an individual scale - why don't the Imams of the masjid tell the people to clean their communities? To not wait on the council to pick up their litter but to ensure their neighbourhoods are the most beautiful and clean? I used to think these things were minor but it's true that we need to clean up our image so that those who hate us have nothing to latch on to.

:jkk:
                And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah

Comment

That's fine, I'm open to discussion and being corrected.

In my local mosque, the imam does keep iterating to the congregation not to park haywire all over the parking lot, not to litter down the area, not to ignore the needs of children etc., but people don't even listen. Like, as far as they're concerned, it's all Islam-on-demand, nothing else.
                  The youth is where our betterment lies(I say that as if I'm nigh retirement lol), I like the strides made visible on youtube, so all those willing to help fix our problem can connect and not feel like they're fighting a tide alone. I liked Dawah Man's work until it all went sour recently, he got into a bad circle of friends and acquaintances - and I'm pretty sure somebody(whether guest or member) is looking at this right now with with all the facial conveyant chic of a bulldog wanting to say something like "how dare you say those students of knowledge are a bad circle of friends, he surrounded himself with more muslims alhamdulillah!" - and the result of that barakah was an attack on an actual scholar. How did their good propel him into bad? It's sad.
                  Which, in the same breath, is also one of the big risks of being a celebrity on youtube; if you suddenly have a change of heart in allegiance(could be to denounce an organization one was part of prior to that), it ain't easy getting out of that seat at that point, which is why I never want to be famous, but I digress. :P
                  Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

Yeah, I don't agree with your views on Dawah Man, but this isn't the Dawah Man thread and I'm actually tired of the topic, so we'll leave that element there.

If your imaam gives such reminders to the local Muslims why don't they listen? Don't they realise cleanliness is part of our deen? And that there is reward in presenting Muslim communities in the best light?

I think this is again due to a ritualistic practising of Islam i.e. Islam is not a way of life but praying, fasting, zakah, memorising Quran etc. If more people saw it as a way of life and really cared about their image, I think our communities would be 'better behaved'. Again, though, I think this is getting better as more and more young Muslims seek to practise proper Islam in every part of their life. How many of us know our neighbours? How many of us fix our front and back gardens and beautify them so the community does not become an eyesore? I get it. Many of us were new to the country and struggling financially so maybe the community was the least of our concerns and we were more worried about getting our own house in order. But now, ahamdullilah many of us have been in the country long enough to start doing better. InshaAllah, I am hopeful that my generation and the next will light the way.

Comment

Assalaamu alaykum wa ramahtullah.

I'm in Toronto, Canada, and have faced a ton of prejudice. By the Muslim community, and by the kuffar.

I have been staying at homeless shelters for almost a year now, and have had ZERO help from the Muslim community at large. I have contacted almost every Muslim organization and many masajid, just to be shut down for no apparent reason.

This is not what I expected from my community, but I keep up my dua and have unrelenting faith in Allah subhana wa t'alla, which keeps me going.

Comment

I was never aware of the bad treatment of white reverts until I came on UF. :jkk: for posting this.

I feel bad. I don't think the white reverts are treated like that where I live. I hope not...

Originally posted by SulaimanAbuAminah View Post

I'm in Toronto, Canada, and have faced a ton of prejudice. By the Muslim community, and by the kuffar.

I have been staying at homeless shelters for almost a year now, and have had ZERO help from the Muslim community at large. I have contacted almost every Muslim organization and many masajid, just to be shut down for no apparent reason.

This is not what I expected from my community, but I keep up my dua and have unrelenting faith in Allah subhana wa t'alla, which keeps me going.
                        :wswrwb:

They don't allow you to stay in the masjid?

That's interesting that you live in Canada, another brother who lives in Canada also complains about the way the Muslims there treat him. I thought Canadians would be more accepting and kind.

I'll make du'a for you Insha Allah.
                        Narrated Anas:
                        The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

:wswrwb:

What a sad, disgusting state of affairs. What's happened to the Muslims?

May Allah make it easy for you bro.

Comment

IISUPNORTH is that you? Why have you faced prejudice? Why would you even want to be around ignorant people? So you're telling me you have not found 2/3 nice brothers??????
                            Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
                              IISUPNORTH is that you? Why have you faced prejudice? Why would you even want to be around ignorant people? So you're telling me you have not found 2/3 nice brothers??????
                              ISAUPNORTH is from Alberta, that's no where near Toronto.

[MENTION=140634]SulaimanAbuAminah[/MENTION]
                              That's surprising especially in Toronto. May Allaah ease your difficulties
                              The Qur'ān will keep you from sin,
                              or sin will keep you from The Qur'ān.

Comment

Working...
                              X