• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the point of being nice?

People get their way with you when you're sweet with them

Re: Whats the point of being nice?

:salams

Not all people. If somebody is nice to me I am even nicer to them.

Comment

To get stuff from them, though niceness is not always the way to go.

Comment

Whats the point of being nice?

They don't do that cause you're nice. They do it cause you let them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
          They don't do that cause you're nice. They do it cause you let them.
          Victim blaming

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
            Victim blaming
            Yes. You can be nice without letting people take advantage of you.

Comment

Be nice but don't be a doormat...
              Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

This forum is an example of niceness. Otherwise wouldn't be here and I am not even super religious. But Ahamdullilah that is why I benefit from this place because they cement a certain level of deen within me because they forbid the evil and command the good (even when my heart tempts against it).
                And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

Originally posted by Magic. View Post
                  This forum is an example of niceness. Otherwise wouldn't be here and I am not even super religious. But Ahamdullilah that is why I benefit from this place because they cement a certain level of deen within me because they forbid the evil and command the good (even when my heart tempts against it).
                  :salams

It is a struggle, this life. But we have to help each Muslim up and along the way.

The best part about this forum is the reps. I get so many reps alhamdulillah. Makes me all grateful. Also Magic please don't neg me as you do, I don't like it. Plus I am close to reaching my goal of 745.

Comment

Being implies that you have to DO nice. It should come naturally, this was you are by default nice to everyone
                    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Because islamically its how we should be.. because morally and as humans its how we should be too.
                      Also because we don't need a reason to be nice, because in your heart you know its where you are
                      There is a difference between being nice and letting people use you sis..
                      However I struggle with this in the sense that im nice without thinking but others can use it to their advantage.. but now ive learnt who to limit my niceness with irl.. because for ppl to be selfish and use you because your too nice just isnt right..
                      However niceness comes from within its intrimsically good and you dont stop to think should I do this because its nice.. in your heart you already know its right and you auto wanna do it due to that, its subconscious thinking.
                      But honestly dont let ppl use you.. its hard when its ppl who are supposedly close but you realise a difference and see who is genuinely nice and who is only nice when its to their advantage.. which is kinda sad how ppl are like that..
                      Btw how are u sis?

It is something that comes naturally is what I was trying to get at, not something you think about consciously or process
                      Last edited by Creamcake; 22-08-16, 12:32 AM.
                      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
                      [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Be nice to people and they'll be nice to you back.

Perhaps in the corner of your troubles, they'll be someone who will help you later down the line because you helped them even if that little deed was years ago.

Perhaps you unknowingly helped a king or someone influential, you did something for them and they back to you; returning the favour. Even if it was just a little smile you relayed.
                        https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

You can be kind, but dont let your guard down. If something is fishy dont have any of it. You have to have control of the situation at hand and dont let anyone push you over.
                          Btw its important not to be nice to everyone because not everyone will show you the same niceness back. Choose wisely.
                          Narrated by Anas ibn Malik RA: Allah's Messenger :saw: said. "When a woman observes the five times of prayer, fasts during Ramadan, preserves her chastity and obeys her husband, she may enter by any of the gates of Paradise she wishes."

Comment

The prophet (saw) was nice and it is a quality that give you a positive vibe and makes you loved by the people.

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                              People get their way with you when you're sweet with them
                              That's why you make sure to put them in their place when they start to act up.
                              O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X