Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khadija(ra) being 28, not 40, at the time of marriage to Rasulullah(saw)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khadija(ra) being 28, not 40, at the time of marriage to Rasulullah(saw)?

:salams:

https://youtu.be/-ExBQO7sAWY?t=21m36s

Yasir Qadhi claims in the above video that the strongest opinion is that Khadija(ra) was not 40 when she married Rasulullah(saw), but rather around 28. I've linked to the moment in the video when he lays out the evidences; do watch it for a few minutes. I'd be interested in hearing all of your thoughts.

Re: Khadija(ra) being 28, not 40, at the time of marriage to Rasulullah(saw)?

Interesting. In the book (seerah of the prophet al makhtum something something) which he's praised and promoted it's mentioned she's 40.
    Last edited by ibzy; 19-08-16, 10:48 PM.

Comment

:wswrwb:

why do u listen to yasir qadhi?
      ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
      "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
      :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

"academically speaking" why does everything have to be academic, what does that mean? is it based on evidence or logic
        some also claim Aisha ra was in her teens when she got married....
        I don't listen to yasir neither do I trust a lot of what he says

either way, whether there are different opinions or not, what difference does it make.
        شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
        فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
        وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
        ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
          "academically speaking" why does everything have to be academic, what does that mean? is it based on evidence or logic
          :salams

I hate this. They teach Islamic courses on fiqh (such as Islamic Finance) in UK universities. It gets on my nerves. I don't like how they treat this as some Social Sciences subject you study.
          Islam isn't about "academia".

Anyway sorry OP I did not think it worthwhile clicking to watch the video but interested to read what others may write.

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post

Who says I do?

Comment

khadijah ra was 40 and rasulullah saw 25

its simple why complicate things, there are many famous people whos wives are 10 years older then them you dont see media trying to defend them or say its awkward

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                Who says I do?
                The fact u know what that vid says shows u do
                "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
                  some also claim Aisha ra was in her teens when she got married....
                  I don't listen to yasir neither do I trust a lot of what he says

either way, whether there are different opinions or not, what difference does it make.
                  I'm asking because people seem to unanimously agree she was 40. I want to know just how legit Yasir Qadhi's claims are, since he appears to be going against a consensus.

Comment

The fact u know what that vid says shows u do
                    I watch his seerah lectures, but that's about it.

Comment

I watch his seerah lectures, but that's about it.
                      Hmmm -_-

Comment

I have a few problems with yasir qadhi but what about him makes everything that he has done or said off limits?
                        وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
                        They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Comment

Originally posted by Abd al-Rahman View Post

I have a few problems with yasir qadhi but what about him makes everything that he has done or said off limits?
                          I'd like to know the same tbh.

His seerah series is based on early scholarly sources. I assume truthfulness whenever he's presenting straight facts. Although I do stop listening when he starts going into his own interpretations of what we can learn from certain events. But the actual seerah itself, I have no reason to distrust.

Comment

Originally posted by Abd al-Rahman View Post
                            I'd like to know the same tbh.

His seerah series is based on early scholarly sources. I assume truthfulness whenever he's presenting straight facts. Although I do stop listening when he starts going into his own interpretations of what we can learn from certain events. But the actual seerah itself, I have no reason to distrust.
                            Because a jug of clear water that is mixed with another solution doesn't remain clear water. Even if you try and extract things yourself anyone that has a different creed is bound to leak those ideologies out.

The salaf used to have people come to them asking for a debate, they used to refuse, then the people said let us then just recite one ayah for you and they used to say not even half.

Comment

I'm asking because people seem to unanimously agree she was 40. I want to know just how legit Yasir Qadhi's claims are, since he appears to be going against a consensus.
                              What daleel does he give for his claims?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X