X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ni'mah
    replied
    Re: Conflict

A relative confided in me their issues with another relative. I told them, let's go for coffee three of us, so them two could hash out any greivances. Despite my offer, they decided against it. A year later, what could have been resolved through a quick chat has magnified 10 fold, to the point where proper hurt & resentment has built up.

Moral of the story: if someone's feels wronged just address as soon as possible. Particularly if it's family because, there is no escaping them.

I don't know why conflict resolution isn't taught at schools, it's a necessary life skill.
    Last edited by Ni'mah; 17-08-16, 04:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SheSaid
    replied

It comes with the territory.

Leave a comment:

• Ibn Taleb
    replied

apologize and move on..

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Originally posted by quark View Post
    Why is this in marriage?
    Think a bit harder

Leave a comment:

• Fragile
    replied

Just give it time... It will pass and be forgotten x

Leave a comment:

• quark
    replied

Why is this in marriage? Nonetheless, say to the person that you did not order any reprimand and hopefully she might be reasonable. If the person's friendship is important to you you can apologize even if you were not directly at fault.

Leave a comment:

• bismillaah
    started a topic Conflict

Conflict

I don't really know how to deal with conflict. I just pretend it doesn't exist and ignore it. Yesterday I had my first ' problem '. it was so awkward. Someone was reprimanded for their treatment towards me, and I was shocked and didn't know what to do. The other person won't speak to me now. I didn't do anything to them, but they got shouted at due to me, which makes me feel so bad. I don't have to see the other person for a few days, but in the weekend I have to do the inevitable and meet up with them. That person is upset with me, but I'm not the one whose done anything to them.

I don't really wanna apologise cos I've not done anything wrong. But I also don't want there to be a bad atmosphere
Working...
X