• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop

:start:
    :salams
    Stop saying 'Oh so and so doesn't care because X group isn't Arab'
    Do you have any idea how annoying,idiotic,and unIslamic that is? You are also a racist if you don't care about the Arab affairs how about we say 'You don't care because they are Arab' making generalisations like that is just plain dumb. The reality is yes a true Muslim does care...
    Quran 49:10
    "The believers are but brothers"
    So knock it off...
    May Allah bless those suffering with screams and in silence.

Re: Stop

و عليكم السلام والرحمة الله وبركاته

Yes true but a lot of Muslims don't really care. This is quite evident by how they make plans for their future 30 years ahead and see themselves remaining in a country that directly contributed to the deterioration of the Muslim situation in Muslim countries.

And you never hear of Muslims talking about the suffering of other Muslims elsewhere. By the way I'm talking about what I've seen in real life not on the forum. But if you mention it to western Muslims in real life they shrug it off.

Yes the Syrian situation is really dire and may Allah ease their situation. But so is the Somali situation for example. There are millions of Somali refugees. And Burma too. And so many other places which I won't bother going on about because it's pointless.

Comment

But I get the point that a "true" Muslim does care because otherwise a person's imaan is not complete, though they still be Muslim.
      I think it all has to do with a person's greed(?) and attachment to this world. Those who become too concerned with this world find it difficult to think of others as they are preoccupied with aims and ambitions concerning this life.

I've noticed this about a lot of Muslims. They don't go to work for example to earn a living and get by until they die, it's more about advancing themselves for example buying an expensive car and taking holidays and owning a mansion etc. this I've found to be common among so many Muslims when it shouldn't be like that. So of course they won't have time to fully care about what goes on in other parts of the world.

Comment

Pointing out racial bias makes one racist? :scratch:
        And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
        http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Originally posted by EenieMeanie View Post
          Pointing out racial bias makes one racist? :scratch:
          It's exageratted and is pointed at Arabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jarir View Post
            It's exageratted and is pointed at Arabs.
            That's your opinion.
            And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah

Comment

Originally posted by EenieMeanie View Post
              That's your opinion.
              No it's a fact that instead of pointing fingers at innocent people and splinting Muslims by making every thing an 'Arab thing' or 'Paki thing' or 'Somali thing' that they should learn the Sunnah of Rasoolillah :saw:

Comment

I've never heard or read anyone say that

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
                  I've never heard or read anyone say that
                  There's a few here I'd just rather not point them out.

Comment

OP is confused.

Yeah it's not an Islamic thing to selectively care based on race, but doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

And who insulted Arab people? It's usually non-Arabs who care more about Arab countries than they do other countries.

Comment

You're confused [MENTION=136641]Abu Jarir[/MENTION] pointing our the possible racial bias that exists within the hearts of any Muslims of any race/background is within the Sunnah of Rasuulallah . Calling against hisbiyyah and nationalism is exactly what we should be doing. If it happens to be Arabs that are guilty of this and somebody points that out - it's not racist or unislamic. It's the opposite.

Naseeha is naseeha. If it applies to you, take it. If it doesn't - ignore it. Simple as.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X