Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your understanding of the deen and your suggestion of scholars to take the deen from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your understanding of the deen and your suggestion of scholars to take the deen from

:salams

What scholars you will suggest to take deen from and why?

:jkk:

Re: Your understanding of the deen and your suggestion of scholars to take the deen f

This is the hardest part for me. I have no clue who I should listen to. I am afraid of listening to someone who is deviant(either they preach extremism or they preach a watered down "modern" Islam).

I listen to American speakers(one of whom is studying to be a scholar, Omar Suleiman)

I assume anyone from Saudi Arabia/Mecca are good. I do not know of any scholars of the past.

Comment

Re: Your understanding of the deen and your suggestion of scholars to take the deen f

The scholars who are very firm on the Sunnah and prefer what the Sahaba and their followers said over the opinions of others.

The best of scholars are those that are teaching the Haram, the Prophet's :saw: mosque and Riyadh.

Of course the Khawaarij will label these scholars as palace scholars and scholars for dollars so I advise the Muslims to ignore these people who themselves have no grounding in knowledge majority of the time.

Amongst the biggest scholars are
      • Sheikh Salih Al Fowzan,
      • Abu Is'haq Al Huwaini,
      • Mohammed Al Mokhatar Al Shingiti,
      • Sa'ad Al Shithri,
      • Abdul Mohsin Al Abbaad,
      • His son Abdur Razzaq Al Badr.

This is where the problem in the Ummah lies however. These are the giants of the scholars but they only speak Arabic from what it appears. This is our fault. We are supposed to be learning Arabic and not them learning English.

Until I finish learning Arabic, I stick with these people
      • Assim Al Hakeem
      • Abu Usamah Ad-dhahabi

And the following students of knowledge
      • Muhammad Tim Humble
      • Abu Ibrahim Husnayn
      • Abu Mussab Wajdi Akkari
      • Abdur Rahman Hassan
      • Abu Taymiyyah

You should NOT stick to 100 scholars at once. Select a few people so that you can comprehend all of their work rather than randomnly watching a clip here and there of random scholars.

Avoid people who support the Khawaarij, the Ashaaira, the Maturidis and other deviant sects.

This DOES NOT mean that if someone makes a mistake in their Aqeedah, they are labelled a deviant.

Imam Nawawi and Ibn Hajar are famously known as not having the correct belief regarding Allah's divine attributes yet they call towards the sunnah and understanding of the companions and the amount of work they have done for Islam is absolutely tremendous. There is fiqh in regards to how to label someone a deviant so it's not for you and me to decide. It's for the big scholars.

Avoid Western "forward thinkers" who are patriotic to America and try to cut you off from the scholars. People who are patriotic to America have little to no Walaa wal Baraa (alliance and disassociation). They water down the religion as if it's a dying plant. Rather it is their imaan which is dying.
      Last edited by |Abdur Raheem|; 15-08-16, 06:20 AM.
      [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

However, if I were to only recommend ONE person, it is Abdur Rahman Hassan

Ustadh Abdulrahman Hassan has very high qualifications regarding the deen and has studied intensively throughout most of his life under many scholars such as Sheikh Saleh Fawzan, Allama Mohsin Al Abbad, Saad Ibn Nasir Al Shithree and the likes.
        He has an online school for the student of knowledge who wants to be a scholar.

http://madrasatu-al-umariyyah.com/

But if you want something free then look no further than his Youtube channel where he explains simple but fundamental books in Islam which EVERY Muslim should have studied.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmT...JVuBAMw/videos

You will rarely see any scholar teaching book by book online for free in the English language like he does.

So follow his Youtube channel and you will be a very strong student of knowledge in no time.

:insha: With the help of Allah of course.
        [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

He is also going to be teaching Arabic on that website. So it's a tremendous opportunity for whoever wants to be a student of knowledge.

Comment

Please stick to the topic which is about which scholars you take deen from (and why). It's not for refutations and warnings against those you don't take deen from.

Just a friendly reminder.

Comment

@|Abdur Raheem| Don't mind if I ask you for which reason you take your deen from the following sheikhs, I will be benefited :insha:

Abu Mussab Wajdi Akkari
              Assem Al Haakim

Amongst the biggest scholars are

• Sheikh Salih Al Fowzan,
              • Abu Is'haq Al Huwaini,
              • Mohammed Al Mokhatar Al Shingiti,
              • Sa'ad Al Shithri,
              • Abdul Mohsin Al Abbaad,
              • His son Abdur Razzaq Al Badr.

This is where the problem in the Ummah lies however. These are the giants of the scholars but they only speak Arabic from what it appears. This is our fault. We are supposed to be learning Arabic and not them learning English.
              :jkk: for that. These are bigshoots :masha:, always benefited from their works though disagre in some aspects.

Comment

Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
                I listen to American speakers(one of whom is studying to be a scholar, Omar Suleiman)
                :salams:

Why you like him? Do you think he's balanced? :insha: will be benefited from your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by arif123f View Post
                  @|Abdur Raheem| Don't mind if I ask you for which reason you take your deen from the following sheikhs, I will be benefited :insha:

Abu Mussab Wajdi Akkari
                  Assem Al Haakim
                  Abu Mussab isn't a shaykh. He's a student of knowledge.

I take knowledge from them both because they believe we should understand Islam according to how the companions understood it. They constantly refer to the scholars of the past. They both give importance to correct aqeedah and being proud of your Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by |Abdur Raheem| View Post
                    Abu Mussab isn't a shaykh. He's a student of knowledge.

I take knowledge from them both because they believe we should understand Islam according to how the companions understood it. They constantly refer to the scholars of the past. They both give importance to correct aqeedah and being proud of your Islam.
                    Ok :jkk:

Comment

Your understanding of the deen and your suggestion of scholars to take the deen from

Non muqallids.
                      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                        Non muqallids.
                        Such as.......

Comment

Originally posted by arif123f View Post
                          Non muqallids.
                          Such as.......
                          Zubair Ali Zai.
                          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Zubair Ali Zai.
                            Heard of him but not in details. How've you benefited from him?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X